OT Sports, NFL, MMA, MLB, or any other sports

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,376

Re: OT - 49ers @ Cardinals, 5:20 MST 

Post#561 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 12:49 am

darealjuice wrote:Cardinals have a dangerous runningback room with Johnson, Edmonds, and Drake if/when they're all healthy. If only our offensive line had that kind of depth lol.

I took over this fantasy team in this Toronto Raptors keeper league with 4 keepers a few years back and it's main player had been Peyton Manning who had just retired. The best players were AJ Green, Greg Olsen and the Seattle defense.

I drafted Kenyan Drake a year ago I think but obviously he was crap this year with the Dolphins and most of last year. Was happy to see him traded though of course once they get healthy he won't get as many carries. He sure did look good on that first drive though...quick...Johnson has been fading a bit since those couple of great years. Edmonds was looking great though.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#562 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 2:22 am

Read on Twitter
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#563 » by darealjuice » Fri Nov 1, 2019 2:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:
darealjuice wrote:Cardinals have a dangerous runningback room with Johnson, Edmonds, and Drake if/when they're all healthy. If only our offensive line had that kind of depth lol.

I took over this fantasy team in this Toronto Raptors keeper league with 4 keepers a few years back and it's main player had been Peyton Manning who had just retired. The best players were AJ Green, Greg Olsen and the Seattle defense.

I drafted Kenyan Drake a year ago I think but obviously he was crap this year with the Dolphins and most of last year. Was happy to see him traded though of course once they get healthy he won't get as many carries. He sure did look good on that first drive though...quick...Johnson has been fading a bit since those couple of great years. Edmonds was looking great though.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

AJ, Greg, and Seahawks might not have been too bad a few years ago, but probably don't want them anymore lol

Johnson's never been extremely quick, but he's not going through contact like he used to. I think he's better running when the QB's under center instead of shot gun too. Still a very good receiver though. Edmonds is more of a find the hole and explode through it type, but he's probably not built to handle all of the between the tackles running.

Drake could find a spot here though. He's kind of a mix between DJ and Edmonds. Good size, good burst, and solid receiver.

Pat Pete is getting worked by a 32 year old post-Achilles Manny Sanders right now
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#564 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 2:33 am

darealjuice wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

AJ, Greg, and Seahawks might not have been too bad a few years ago, but probably don't want them anymore lol

Johnson's never been extremely quick, but he's not going through contact like he used to. I think he's better running when the QB's under center instead of shot gun too. Still a very good receiver though. Edmonds is more of a find the hole and explode through it type, but he's probably not built to handle all of the between the tackles running.

Drake could find a spot here though. He's kind of a mix between DJ and Edmonds. Good size, good burst, and solid receiver.

Pat Pete is getting worked by a 32 year old post-Achilles Manny Sanders right now

Yeah, not I also was lucky enough to draft Cooper Kupp my first year so those are two of my keepers...then I just get a decent QB (Rivers) and I got Fitzgerald late and figured he could add something....not much value in a keeper league.

I think I got Mark Andrews from Baltimore at TE so he may be a keeper along with Kupp and Drake. And Mike Williams from the Chargers....a high pick they made a few years ago and he was injured a while, but he's good. Those would probably be my 4 keepers. Have James White from the Pats too but he's not great..or at least consistent.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#565 » by Kyler Murray » Fri Nov 1, 2019 7:25 am

Damn if i'd knew you'd be talking about the game i'd pop up. We should do FF next year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#566 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 12:51 pm

Ulquiorra wrote:Damn if i'd knew you'd be talking about the game i'd pop up. We should do FF next year.

I'm always game if people are interested. No one seems to give a damn about football or fantasy football around here anymore. Used to get at least kennydorglas, Miyagi and Revived. Seems we should be able to get more.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#567 » by Kyler Murray » Sat Nov 2, 2019 10:02 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Ulquiorra wrote:Damn if i'd knew you'd be talking about the game i'd pop up. We should do FF next year.

I'm always game if people are interested. No one seems to give a damn about football or fantasy football around here anymore. Used to get at least kennydorglas, Miyagi and Revived. Seems we should be able to get more.

I'll start spamming from May :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#568 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 2:03 pm

Ulquiorra wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I'll start spamming from May :lol:

We can always do a super deep roster league with huge rosters, like 3-4 qbs, 4 rbs, 4 wrs, 2 TE's etc, even if we only have 4-6 participants. I have done as little as 8, but it could be interesting to try that, especially if it's the only option.

I also like using defensive players instead of team D, as it throws new strategy and you get to pull for defensive players to get a lot of tackles, pass deflections, sacks, interceptions, returns for TDs, etc.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - College Basketball, NFL, other sports 

Post#569 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:21 am

Man, Suns play the Sixers at the same time the Chargers play the Raiders. I have been a die hard fan of both since I was a kid. I can easily pull up both, but would be nice to have them staggered. It rarely happens but did a few times last year.

matt131 wrote:.

Revived wrote:.

BobbieL wrote:.

Kdab wrote:.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#570 » by matt131 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:01 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Man, Suns play the Sixers at the same time the Chargers play the Raiders. I have been a die hard fan of both since I was a kid. I can easily pull up both, but would be nice to have them staggered. It rarely happens but did a few times last year.

I just realized that this morning as well! And with the Chargers getting the win against the Packers last week, it looks like this game against the Raiders is actually fairly important. A win would definitely put us in a better position for a wild card spot, but a loss would put us too far behind the Raiders and any other team in the AFC for that matter.

As for the Suns, a win would be HUGE (I guess it seems like that every night we play). Miami did just get thumped by the Nuggets though and shot pretty poorly, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out with a ton of energy and shoot lights out.

I am not sure if my heart will survive tomorrow night haha. Not sure which game to have on the big TV and which to watch on my computer. Obviously the Charger game holds more significance, but the Suns have been so fun this year. A win for both teams would be so exciting, and I am definitely not used to that lately. I guess I should just be pleased that both games hold some significance.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#571 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:20 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Man, Suns play the Sixers at the same time the Chargers play the Raiders. I have been a die hard fan of both since I was a kid. I can easily pull up both, but would be nice to have them staggered. It rarely happens but did a few times last year.

I just realized that this morning as well! And with the Chargers getting the win against the Packers last week, it looks like this game against the Raiders is actually fairly important. A win would definitely put us in a better position for a wild card spot, but a loss would put us too far behind the Raiders and any other team in the AFC for that matter.

As for the Suns, a win would be HUGE (I guess it seems like that every night we play). Miami did just get thumped by the Nuggets though and shot pretty poorly, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out with a ton of energy and shoot lights out.

I am not sure if my heart will survive tomorrow night haha. Not sure which game to have on the big TV and which to watch on my computer. Obviously the Charger game holds more significance, but the Suns have been so fun this year. A win for both teams would be so exciting, and I am definitely not used to that lately. I guess I should just be pleased that both games hold some significance.

I know, last year the Chargers trumped the Suns games in this circumstance easily, but now.....tough one, especially against Miami.

Who do you feel is the team more equipped to win it all right now IF they can make it into the playoffs?
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#572 » by matt131 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:04 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:

I know, last year the Chargers trumped the Suns games in this circumstance easily, but now.....tough one, especially against Miami.

Who do you feel is the team more equipped to win it all right now IF they can make it into the playoffs?

Do you mean between the Chargers and the Suns or just within the NFL?

If you meant between the Chargers and Suns, it has to be the Chargers. Veteran QB, Bosa and Ingram seem to finally be picking it up, and if Derwin comes back our defense will be legit. It's also a lot easier to win the Super Bowl as an underdog than it is to make it far in the NBA playoffs as an underdog. If the Chargers make the playoffs, they will have to have won a ton of games in a row so they would go in on a hot streak and that usually bodes well. We actually have a fair amount of offensive weapons as well with Henry back, Williams being a new favorite target for Rivers, Eckler proving he is a huge receiving threat, and Gordon back as well. Our biggest concern is, and apparently always will be, our offensive line.

If you meant who in the NFL is best equipped to win it all...man, I honestly don't know. Obviously the Patriots always have a good shot, but I think that these next few weeks playing against better QBs will tell us a lot about their future success since I am not too impressed with their offense. The Ravens look great, but I think teams like the Packers or Saints or Chiefs who can put up big points could beat them. As far as the AFC, I think those two teams are the ones to beat. The NFC is honestly stacked. Packers, Saints, Seahawks, 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, and even the Rams all have a legitimate shot of making it to the Super Bowl. I personally root for the Seahawks just because I like Wilson, so I am hoping they go far, but my money is on the Saints at the moment just because they look so solid in all aspects of the game. Saints-Chiefs or Saints-Patriots seem like the obvious choices, but aren't necessarily the most fun. I will personally be rooting for a Chargers-Seahawks Superbowl haha
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#573 » by Revived » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:39 pm

Gotta be the Chargers game since there’s only 6 games left in the regular season while the Suns have 70+ remaining.

Looks like making the switch from Whisenhunt paid off dividends for the offense and somewhat of a wake up call for the defense as well.

It’s pretty crazy that as bad as this season has been for the Chargers, they still have a chance to sneak into playoffs. This Raiders game is huge in that regard.

I also live in a Raider fan dominated area so it would be awesome to wear my Chargers jersey on Friday night after a W.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#574 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:09 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:

Do you mean between the Chargers and the Suns or just within the NFL?

If you meant between the Chargers and Suns, it has to be the Chargers. Veteran QB, Bosa and Ingram seem to finally be picking it up, and if Derwin comes back our defense will be legit. It's also a lot easier to win the Super Bowl as an underdog than it is to make it far in the NBA playoffs as an underdog. If the Chargers make the playoffs, they will have to have won a ton of games in a row so they would go in on a hot streak and that usually bodes well. We actually have a fair amount of offensive weapons as well with Henry back, Williams being a new favorite target for Rivers, Eckler proving he is a huge receiving threat, and Gordon back as well. Our biggest concern is, and apparently always will be, our offensive line.

If you meant who in the NFL is best equipped to win it all...man, I honestly don't know. Obviously the Patriots always have a good shot, but I think that these next few weeks playing against better QBs will tell us a lot about their future success since I am not too impressed with their offense. The Ravens look great, but I think teams like the Packers or Saints or Chiefs who can put up big points could beat them. As far as the AFC, I think those two teams are the ones to beat. The NFC is honestly stacked. Packers, Saints, Seahawks, 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, and even the Rams all have a legitimate shot of making it to the Super Bowl. I personally root for the Seahawks just because I like Wilson, so I am hoping they go far, but my money is on the Saints at the moment just because they look so solid in all aspects of the game. Saints-Chiefs or Saints-Patriots seem like the obvious choices, but aren't necessarily the most fun. I will personally be rooting for a Chargers-Seahawks Superbowl haha

Between the Chargers and the Suns. Obviously I feel IF each made the playoffs the Chargers would have a much better chance of winning it all, only because they have top level talent and there is less separation between top teams in the NFL.

However, there may be a greater chance that the Suns MAKE the playoffs, simply because the Chargers screwed up a few games and dug themselves a hole.

As for the NFL, the AFC is wide open. The Pats haven't played anyone until the Ravens' who exposed them (even Buffalo exposed them). KC I can't decide...their D seems to play well at times, Mahomes is scary, but teams hang around with them....though they are competing with tough teams with a backup QB, so with Mahomes and an improved D now, maybe they are the team to beat.

Though I wouldn't count out the Ravens. Even the Colts and Texans might be pretty tough.

But the NFC seems far superior. However, I thought GB was a top 3-4 team there and the Chargers dominated them.

Ultimately the two best teams to me appear to be the 49ers and Saints. The 49ers D looks for real, but I can see a situation where they face a Saints team coming off two brutal playoff losses just very determined, and SF, being a young up-n-coming team choking in the playoffs. Who knows? Should be exciting.
Kdab
Senior
And1: 378

Post#575 » by Kdab » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:24 am

I just recorded it. Splitting my attention between two screens, even though they're right next to each other, usually ends with me feeling like I wasted my time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#576 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:31 am

Kdab wrote:

I just recorded it. Splitting my attention between two screens, even though they're right next to each other, usually ends with me feeling like I wasted my time.

Recorded football? You could probably watch the 1st quarter before the Suns game starts.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#577 » by matt131 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:34 am

well that wasnt a pretty start
Kdab
Senior
And1: 378

Post#578 » by Kdab » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Kdab wrote:

Recorded football? You could probably watch the 1st quarter before the Suns game starts.

I'd rather watch it all later and skip all the ads.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#579 » by matt131 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:44 am

Lol the Suns game better not be this bad
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#580 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:53 am

matt131 wrote:Lol the Suns game better not be this bad

Yeah, was just hoping we get off to a better start there. Getting down by a couple scores in football though is like being down by like 15+ in basketball.

Return to Phoenix Suns