If Gordon Hayward is an All-Star-level player this year then...

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Re: If Gordon Hayward is an All-Star-level player this year then... 

Post#41 » by IgorK » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:59 am

If he keeps up playing well, Gordon will be the centerpiece for a trade that nets a starting 5. Easy to see Snake Ainge doing that.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#42 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:00 am

IgorK wrote:If he keeps up playing well, Gordon will be the centerpiece for a trade that nets a starting 5. Easy to see Snake Ainge doing that.

no, no he wont
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,756

Post#43 » by GrandTheftRondo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:05 am

The Celtics could go 82-0 and this board still wouldn’t rate anything they do.

It’s so hilariously pathetic.
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#44 » by IgorK » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:05 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
IgorK wrote:If he keeps up playing well, Gordon will be the centerpiece for a trade that nets a starting 5. Easy to see Snake Ainge doing that.

no, no he wont

Ainge is smart, so he will. Gordon is C's worst contract and he is not going to maintain this for longer than half a season.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:07 am

IgorK wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

no, no he wont

Ainge is smart, so he will. Gordon is C's worst contract and he is not going to maintain this for longer than half a season.

tell me some more trollolol?
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,813

Post#46 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:09 am

nzahir wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Why did Boston give up Baynes again?

Will be hard to get a highly paid big without giving up at least Smart and I don't know if you guys should do that.

Mcgee is up for grabs if you guys want to match a couple salaries and some 2nds?

Had to move Baynes to have enough cap space for Kemba.

Yeah people want the C's to trade for Steven Adams but he makes way too much to match contracts in a reasonable deal.

I like Javale pretty well actually.

What would you offer for Javale? Need 3.2M outgoing min or 5M max

Theis and 1-2 2nds for Mcgee?

Or Enes and a 2nd for Mcgee?

Enes might fit better next to AD. He still clogs up the lane, but a better offensive rebounder. Play some time with bench unit to get some post buckets?

If we're trading for a Center who can put us in contention, it definitely won't be for Javale.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach

Post#47 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:10 am

IgorK wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

no, no he wont

How is the guy who's playing like the best player on the team, the C's worst contract? I need an explanation on this.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:12 am

ThumbsUpBaby wrote:
IgorK wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:no, no he wont

How is the guy who's playing like the best player on the team, the C's worst contract? I need an explanation on this.

He's just trolling for a reaction, nobody is that dumb to actually think that.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#49 » by nzahir » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:17 am

ThumbsUpBaby wrote:
nzahir wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Had to move Baynes to have enough cap space for Kemba.

Yeah people want the C's to trade for Steven Adams but he makes way too much to match contracts in a reasonable deal.

I like Javale pretty well actually.

What would you offer for Javale? Need 3.2M outgoing min or 5M max

Enes might fit better next to AD. He still clogs up the lane, but a better offensive rebounder. Play some time with bench unit to get some post buckets?

If we're trading for a Center who can put us in contention, it definitely won't be for Javale.

Likely not, but he has a low cost compared to others.

Most big name Cs are making too much $&
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach

Post#50 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:19 am

nzahir wrote:
ThumbsUpBaby wrote:
nzahir wrote:What would you offer for Javale? Need 3.2M outgoing min or 5M max

Likely not, but he has a low cost compared to others.

Most big name Cs are making too much $&

I honestly don't think trading for Javale is even a lateral move tbh. Right now, we're placing most of our hopes on Robert Williams' development to a starter quality player.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#51 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:30 am

Right now I’d say their chance is as good as anyone’s. Bucks Sixers Raps and Heat are all in the mix too.

Celts still need a big C who can rebound and defend consistently, and I expect Ainge to make some moves at the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach

Post#52 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:41 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:Right now I’d say their chance is as good as anyone’s. Bucks Sixers Raps and Heat are all in the mix too.

Celts still need a big C who can rebound and defend consistently, and I expect Ainge to make some moves at the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Let's be honest. If there's one thing Ainge hasn't done for a while, it's making midseason trades :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be approaching the deadline with minimal expectations.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,531

Post#53 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:00 am

scottyno wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:Besides a defensive C, Celtics also need a shooter SF-PF coming from the bench. We have too much fringe NBA players like wannabe, ojeleye, green, poirier, and the rookies (langford, edwards, grant), we lack depth.

They have 3 very good shooting wings already, yeah none comes off the bench, but their minutes are staggered enough that they'll never have to play a meaningful minute without 1, probably 2 in the game at a time. Sure another would help if they're replacing a zero like poirier, but it's definitely not a need. It's a different definition of depth, but by some measures they're actually one of the deeper teams in the league.

Walker/Smart/Hayward/Tatum/Brown all project to heavy minutes, which would be a lot if they were divvying up 3 positions, but isn't so much when they play at 4.

But in addition to them, Edwards and Green are two rookies who could become strong rotation players at any time. (Langford, due to injury, is actually further away, and Waters needs to get his game quite polished to make up for his size.) Grant WIlliams, another rookie, seems to have grabbed 15 mins/game himself even before learning how to shoot. And if there were a wave of injuries, then in theory Theis could play next to another big, assuming he can get out of his horrid shooting slump and that the other centers can divvy up 48 minutes by themselves.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#54 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:05 am

I'm a believer in the Celtics this season.

I think they could come out the East. Their wing rotation is the best in the East.

Their 5 spot is the only weakness but I think RW3 should start and if Theis can get his 3-ball up and running he could be a good pairing with Kanter.

Playoff rotation:
14 min - Kemba, Smart, Tatum, Hayward, RW3
14 min - Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Kanter
10 min - Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, RW3
10 min - Kemba, Brown, Hayward, Theis, Kanter
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
scottyno
Junior
And1: 542

Post#55 » by scottyno » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:22 am

zimpy27 wrote:I'm a believer in the Celtics this season.

I think they could come out the East. Their wing rotation is the best in the East.

Their 5 spot is the only weakness but I think RW3 should start and if Theis can get his 3-ball up and running he could be a good pairing with Kanter.

Playoff rotation:
14 min - Kemba, Smart, Tatum, Hayward, RW3
14 min - Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Kanter
10 min - Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, RW3
10 min - Kemba, Brown, Hayward, Theis, Kanter

Not sure where he fits exactly, but I'd be pretty surprised if Grant Williams isn't seeing meaningful minutes in the playoffs, depending on the matchup. Even as a rookie he's already earning Brad's trust in big spots, he won't light up the stat sheet, but he does a lot of the little things to help a team win.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#56 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:27 am

Whats would be the point of this? Ainge finally has a team that looks like they gel on and off the court and Hayward is still takes up a sizable portion of any team's cap. I just dont see the point of this honestly.

I get calling him a snake and all that other talking points and stuff, but the IT trade was a legit smart move. Sold IT at his highest value, unless Hayward starts playing at all nba level, hes not going to have a high trade value with his contract.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,974

Post#57 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:27 am

BigTrade92 wrote:Celtics will make a trade for a Center by the deadline.

Jayson Tatum and a first round pick for Aron Baynes?
Spoiler:
scottyno
Junior
And1: 542

Post#58 » by scottyno » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:39 am

Mr Puddles wrote:

Can the suns please trade him to another team so the cs can then trade for him (yeah I know this isn't happening but still). Kind of sucks that they basically had to give him up because they had no bad tradable contracts to dump to make the math work for Kemba when he'd be close to the perfect starting center for them now.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,974

Post#59 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:33 am

scottyno wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

Can the suns please trade him to another team so the cs can then trade for him (yeah I know this isn't happening but still). Kind of sucks that they basically had to give him up because they had no bad tradable contracts to dump to make the math work for Kemba when he'd be close to the perfect starting center for them now.

Sorry but not going to happen. After years of getting the short end of trades with the Celtics, holding on to Baynes is essentially for our psychological health.
Spoiler:
Pumpkin17
Junior
And1: 451

Post#60 » by Pumpkin17 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:55 am

I think the east is wide open, Celtics could take it even without another center.
Celtics best 1-4 players, best coach, their center problem would only actually be exposed against Phila.
Mil best player,great team, with Brogdon probably lock to the finals
Phi could gel better and actually have a monster defense, at this point they have a gigantic Simmons problem and a shooting one.
Miami deserves some respect, the guys are playing hard.

All these teams have strenghts and weaknesses, at this point I see no clear cut superior one.

Return to The General Board