Kawhi Leonard on the NBA detailing his injury, if he can play in back to backs

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

GG0701
Junior
And1: 207

Kawhi Leonard on the NBA detailing his injury, if he can play in back to backs 

Post#1 » by GG0701 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:27 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Re: Kawhi Leonard on how he feels about the NBA detailing his injury, if he can play in back to backs and more 

Post#2 » by LastNameEver » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:43 am

Somebody was instructed to ask about the shirt. Im also surprised he had to do a press conference..last year he sprung LM on everyone and that was the end of it.

Technically he will be injured for the rest of his career, but he wont let the general public know that.
GG0701
Junior
And1: 207

Re: Kawhi Leonard on the NBA detailing his injury, if he can play in back to backs 

Post#3 » by GG0701 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:03 am

LastNameEver wrote:Somebody was instructed to ask about the shirt. Im also surprised he had to do a press conference..last year he sprung LM on everyone and that was the end of it.

Technically he will be injured for the rest of his career, but he wont let the general public know that.

People were already curious about the shirt. It’s on sports twitter. They saw him walking in on the TNT feed.

I thought it was nice to do so I posted it.

Also this is a post game presser.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Re: Kawhi Leonard on how he feels about the NBA detailing his injury, if he can play in back to backs and more 

Post#4 » by QRich3 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:11 am

LastNameEver wrote:Im also surprised he had to do a press conference..last year he sprung LM on everyone and that was the end of it.

No one was worried when Westbrook was a DNP - Rest in Memphis last week either. There are some people legitimately worried about what it means for the fans, but they are a very small minority. Most of this noise is about Kawhi, the guy who chose to leave Toronto and San Antonio and not go to the Lakers.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Re: Kawhi Leonard on the NBA detailing his injury, if he can play in back to backs 

Post#5 » by Perseus1966 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:22 am

Why worried about Westbrook ?is he a flopper?
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#6 » by QRich3 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:42 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:Why worried about Westbrook ?is he a flopper?

About his decision to skip an away b2b game when healthy, I meant. Haven't seen anyone worried about the poor children in Memphis who were tricked into buying a ticket while he wasn't gonna show up, the same way the news cycle was with Kawhi in the last couple of days.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,443

Post#7 » by ropjhk » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:49 pm

I'm fine with the NBA disclosing details of his injury and fining Rivers for contradictory comments to the media. If he's going to miss all these games then the paying public should know why. Now at least people can decide if they want to take the 50/50 risk of not seeing Kawhi in person before buying a ticket to see the Clippers on a b2b. All other players have their injuries made public and Kawhi should be no exception. If he's not injured then he should play.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#8 » by dacrusha » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:57 pm

Last year no one cared about load management especially after the Raptors won the championship... obviously no one cared at the the time because it was Toronto's 'problem' and also ESPN refused to broadcast Raptors games anyway.

This year all sorts of ESPN fanboys and Lakers fans and Spurs fans are crying over something that is a non-story.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#9 » by Pharmcat » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:58 pm

this guy is a snake always skirting the rules to his own advantage.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,852

Post#10 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:07 pm

ropjhk wrote:I'm fine with the NBA disclosing details of his injury and fining Rivers for contradictory comments to the media. If he's going to miss all these games then the paying public should know why. Now at least people can decide if they want to take the 50/50 risk of not seeing Kawhi in person before buying a ticket to see the Clippers on a b2b. All other players have their injuries made public and Kawhi should be no exception. If he's not injured then he should play.

Totally agree with this. If you're not disclosing the risk, then it's bait and switch. The Clippers could have continued to scam the ticket-buying public, but you can't screw around with ESPN and their legal team. It would be really interesting to find out what clauses are written in to the NBA-ESPN contract pertaining to 'player availability'.

The other thing I suppose this puts to rest the "denegerative quad" conspiracy theory, put forth by amateur physicians on RealGM as the reason for continuous load management. Either that, or the Clippers flat-out lied in their official injury report.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#11 » by Forte IV » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:08 pm

QRich3 wrote:

About his decision to skip an away b2b game when healthy, I meant. Haven't seen anyone worried about the poor children in Memphis who were tricked into buying a ticket while he wasn't gonna show up, the same way the news cycle was with Kawhi in the last couple of days.

Rest days are only ever talked about if its a nationally televised game. Because then people all of a sudden care. Is what it is.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
manlisten
Junior
And1: 311

Post#12 » by manlisten » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:16 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:The other thing I suppose this puts to rest the "denegerative quad" conspiracy theory, put forth by amateur physicians on RealGM as the reason for continuous load management. Either that, or the Clippers flat-out lied in their official injury report.

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion. Obviously the Clippers lied which is the reason they were fined. That's what "inconsistencies" is referring to.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst

Post#13 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:22 pm

manlisten wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:The other thing I suppose this puts to rest the "denegerative quad" conspiracy theory, put forth by amateur physicians on RealGM as the reason for continuous load management. Either that, or the Clippers flat-out lied in their official injury report.

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion. Obviously the Clippers lied which is the reason they were fined. That's what "inconsistencies" is referring to.

Yeah I know....Doc Rivers lied and said Kawhi was healthy. But what I'm trying to get at here is "what is the real injury". Is it really the knee, as was put in the injury report. Or is it actually the "degenerative quad", which is what I keep hearing on RealGM, especially from Spurs fans.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#14 » by thebigbird » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:22 pm

Forte IV wrote:
QRich3 wrote:

Rest days are only ever talked about if its a nationally televised game. Because then people all of a sudden care. Is what it is.

There's a huge difference between sitting out a game here and there for load management and sitting out 20+ games for it. Cmon.
manlisten
Junior

Post#15 » by manlisten » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:23 pm

Is it me or does Kawhi come off as very disingenuous in this press conference? Saying it's disappointing because it seems like the NBA wants guys to play when they're not ready. The whole controversy is because Kawhi and the Clippers were acting like he was ready when behind closed doors he was already cleared for a full season of load management. Saying it was "shocking" that the NBA detailed his injury....why is that shocking? If not because your own organization wasn't transparent with the facts? Kawhi's character is really starting to seem questionable to me.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst

Post#16 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:26 pm

manlisten wrote:Is it me or does Kawhi come off as very disingenuous in this press conference? Saying it's disappointing because it seems like the NBA wants guys to play when they're not ready. The whole controversy is because Kawhi and the Clippers were acting like he was ready when behind closed doors he was already cleared for a full season of load management. Saying it was "shocking" that the NBA detailed his injury....why is that shocking? If not because your own organization wasn't transparent with the facts? Kawhi's character is really starting to seem questionable to me.

The injury disclosure is only going to get worse (for Kawhi) when NBA betting comes on-line. That's a big revenue stream the NBA is counting on.
manlisten
Junior

Post#17 » by manlisten » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:27 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Yeah I know....Doc Rivers lied and said Kawhi was healthy. But what I'm trying to get at here is "what is the real injury". Is it really the knee, as was put in the injury report. Or is it actually the "degenerative quad", which is what I keep hearing on RealGM, especially from Spurs fans.

The statement from the NBA was that Kawhi has a left knee injury. He clearly has a pronounced limp in his right leg and has been previously diagnosed with a right quadriceps injury, that's not a conspiracy. The left knee injury is a result of overcompensating for the right quad injury. But I get what you're saying, the NBA should've detailed the entirety of his injuries.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Forte IV » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:28 pm

thebigbird wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
QRich3 wrote:About his decision to skip an away b2b game when healthy, I meant. Haven't seen anyone worried about the poor children in Memphis who were tricked into buying a ticket while he wasn't gonna show up, the same way the news cycle was with Kawhi in the last couple of days.

There's a huge difference between sitting out a game here and there for load management and sitting out 20+ games for it. Cmon.

What you described is exactly what Kawhi will be doing lol. Sitting a game out here and there for load management. He'll only miss 13 if he sits out one game every b2b. It's not the Clippers faults they have 3 b2bs in the first month of the season.
manlisten
Junior

Post#19 » by manlisten » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:30 pm

Forte IV wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Forte IV wrote:

What you described is exactly what Kawhi will be doing lol. Sitting a game out here and there for load management. He'll only miss 13 if he sits out one game every b2b. It's not the Clippers faults they have 3 b2bs in the first month of the season.

If his load management is anything like it was with Toronto, which it almost certainly is, he's going to miss more than 13 games. There were multiple times where he sat out both games of a back to back and as many as 4 consecutive games for rest.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Forte IV » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:32 pm

manlisten wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
thebigbird wrote:There's a huge difference between sitting out a game here and there for load management and sitting out 20+ games for it. Cmon.

If his load management is anything like it was with Toronto, which it almost certainly is, he's going to miss more than 13 games. There were multiple times where he sat out both games of a back to back and as many as 4 consecutive games for rest.

If I remember correctly he had a couple injuries and thats why he sat out the extra games. A twisted ankle and what not. Could be wrong but regardless, the point still stands. People dont say anything about "load management" if a player misses a a non-national TV game. They only care when its nationally televised. Literally the only time it's ever an issue. Then people go about their lives and don't bring it up. It's always been like this.

Return to The General Board