ImageImage

we need another F or F/C ASAP

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

skoharry
Junior
And1: 20

we need another F or F/C ASAP 

Post#1 » by skoharry » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:13 am

so by the looks of things, if you take aw if away moses and hoard who seem to be on 2 way contracts....we have room for another player. so if we do have room or could make room to take on another player who is a F/C, who would you give a shot to?
my top 4 options are
1 - K.Faried - can score inside and can rebound like a beast. he is is the PF version of whiteside, but not as much of a defensive monster. honestly him and whiteside starting together would be a good inside scoring and rebounding tandem.
2 - J.Noah - had a decent year with MEM. granted he is best fit as a C, but we could go twin towers. plus his mid range game is decent and we know he is a force on the boards, a decent passer, and one of the better veterans you would want in the locker room. he and gasol could show our youngsters a thing or 2.
3 - M.Beasley - can score and that's about it. but has had a decent last 2 years coming off the bench for the lakers and knicks. would definitely fit into stotts system.
4 - any of these guys. M.Plumlee, T.Zeller, D.Davis, D.Cunningham, or J.Jerebko.

so what does everyone else think?
Defense and rebounding wins games
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Re: we need another F or F/C ASAP 

Post#2 » by Norm2953 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:34 am

One must remember with a league high $150 Million payroll, Portland can't take on any
payroll exceeding the minimum or in trade.

I'd really take a look at Little before any vets get brought in. More likely the team will wait
for Pau before they take a flier on someone like Noah.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,531

Post#3 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:25 am

skoharry wrote:so by the looks of things, if you take aw if away moses and hoard who seem to be on 2 way contracts....we have room for another player. so if we do have room or could make room to take on another player who is a F/C, who would you give a shot to?
my top 4 options are
1 - K.Faried - can score inside and can rebound like a beast. he is is the PF version of whiteside, but not as much of a defensive monster. honestly him and whiteside starting together would be a good inside scoring and rebounding tandem.
2 - J.Noah - had a decent year with MEM. granted he is best fit as a C, but we could go twin towers. plus his mid range game is decent and we know he is a force on the boards, a decent passer, and one of the better veterans you would want in the locker room. he and gasol could show our youngsters a thing or 2.
3 - M.Beasley - can score and that's about it. but has had a decent last 2 years coming off the bench for the lakers and knicks. would definitely fit into stotts system.
4 - any of these guys. M.Plumlee, T.Zeller, D.Davis, D.Cunningham, or J.Jerebko.

I posted it elsewhere, but I would love for the Blazers to sign Faried and Darren Collison for vet minimum deals.

Lillard/Collison
CJ/Simons
Hood/Bazemore
Faried/Mario
Whiteside/Skal
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#4 » by monopoman » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:54 am

Norm2953 wrote:One must remember with a league high $150 Million payroll, Portland can't take on any

I'd really take a look at Little before any vets get brought in. More likely the team will wait

I'm pretty sure Faried would take the minimum if offered it he apparently turned down a deal to play in Europe or China he desperately wants to stay in the NBA.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,899

Post#5 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:30 pm

I didn't realize how well Faried played last season. Really doesn't make sense that he isn't signed, but its worth noting that his effective minutes last season came playing 89% at C. He may not be a viable PF in todays NBA.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a roll the dice deal where we send out Hassan for a PF (Blake? LMA? Gallo? Love?) then sign Faried to play C until Nurkic is back. This team needs to make a gamble.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#6 » by Fitz303 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:00 pm

Don't get your hopes up

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,531

Post#7 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 6, 2019 9:24 pm

Fitz303 wrote:Don't get your hopes up

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Welcome to missing the POs, Olshey! You really know how to keep your star happy :roll:

BTW, Faried apparently agreed to 4.4M to play in China.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256055/Kenneth-Faried-Agrees-To-$44M-Deal-With-Zhejiang
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#8 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Nov 6, 2019 10:09 pm

We miss the PO's if CJ keeps playing like Juan Dixon after a hard night of drinking. A journeyman like Faried isn't making that big a difference.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,452

Post#9 » by Myth » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:03 pm

monopoman wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:One must remember with a league high $150 Million payroll, Portland can't take on any

I'm pretty sure Faried would take the minimum if offered it he apparently turned down a deal to play in Europe or China he desperately wants to stay in the NBA.

I think he signed with China yesterday.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#10 » by d-train » Thu Nov 7, 2019 8:24 pm

skoharry wrote:so by the looks of things, if you take aw if away moses and hoard who seem to be on 2 way contracts....we have room for another player. so if we do have room or could make room to take on another player who is a F/C, who would you give a shot to?
my top 4 options are

Faried doesn't help. He isn't better than Tolliver and we already have Mario and Skal backing up Tolliver. The problem with just adding another backup even though we don't need one is it costs the 15th roster spot we should have open to sign a quality March free agent.

Joakim Noah could be a helpful player but he would want a guaranteed contract. The contract he signed last year with T-Pups was a guaranteed no-trade contract. I don't think Noah's terms are acceptable. I like having an available roster spot in March.

I don't know who D Davis is. Jerebko and Cunningham would be acceptable if they are willing to sign non guaranteed deals. The downside is the luxury tax cost. These guys are solid veteran players but they wouldn't get many minutes even on our decimated roster. I doubt the additional help is worth the luxury taxes. Miles Plumlee and Zeller would be useless.
CaptainFanchini
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#11 » by CaptainFanchini » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:47 pm

In Italy there are rumors about Gallinari moving from OK to the Blazers before the tradeline of february.
Basketball is my religion
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#12 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:18 pm

In Italy there are rumors about Gallinari moving from OK to the Blazers before the tradeline of february.

I hope so. Right now Portland has two clear-cut NBA starters playing. Nurk is a 3rd, and Gallo would be a 4th.

This team needs defense and a PF, but more than anything it needs talent. Gallo would be a huge, huge talent upgrade.
dive135
Junior
And1: 227

Post#13 » by dive135 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:23 pm

While he couldn't play center, I wonder if Carmelo might be an option and if he would consider taking the minimum salary to play again.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#14 » by PDXKnight » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:51 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

I hope so. Right now Portland has two clear-cut NBA starters playing. Nurk is a 3rd, and Gallo would be a 4th.

This team needs defense and a PF, but more than anything it needs talent. Gallo would be a huge, huge talent upgrade.

I’d consider whiteside a starter. I’d let him walk in the off season but statistically he’s there
dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#15 » by dunlop212 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:06 pm

Maybe they will find one in the lottery
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#16 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:24 pm

I’d consider whiteside a starter. I’d let him walk in the off season but statistically he’s there

He is a replacement level starter at best. His lack of urgency is just maddening. He can post 14/14 without breaking a sweat or even jumping half the time. Imagine how good he would be if he had some passion to his game. Ugh.

Whiteside isn't anyone you should be happy to have starting for your team IMO.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#17 » by Blazinaway » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:58 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

He is a replacement level starter at best. His lack of urgency is just maddening. He can post 14/14 without breaking a sweat or even jumping half the time. Imagine how good he would be if he had some passion to his game. Ugh.

Whiteside isn't anyone you should be happy to have starting for your team IMO.

agree and this is his effort level in a contract yr? WTF? No wonder Miami soured on him. I agree wuth Barkleys reaming of Whiteside last night
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#18 » by Sinobas » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:31 am

I think Gasol is just Festus Ezeliing us.
Wickzki
Starter
And1: 291

Post#19 » by Wickzki » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:44 pm

I think Olshey is Festus Ezeling us.
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 875

Post#20 » by red_power » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:25 pm

I think Olshey has finally gone way too far when playing with fire