[Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dho4ever
Rookie
And1: 760

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#181 » by dho4ever » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:04 pm

wait. Unlikely to return this year... so 2019? That sounds reasonable.

A broken hand takes about 3 weeks to heal. That + rehab to get the hand healthy enough where he can shoot again. So maybe he's out a month. Comes back in January. Yeah he's unlikely to return this year. I don't understand the outrage.

EDIT: Oh the image which didn't load at the time said "He's out for the season." That sounds a bit strange.
Jayt99
Rookie
And1: 1,552

Post#182 » by Jayt99 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:05 pm

Curry apologist out in full force today :lol:
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#183 » by Yogatti » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:07 pm

nikster wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
nikster wrote:Okay so he played for stacked teams his whole career, then finally has a choice in free agency and once again creates a stacked team....

They weren’t stacked when Lebron swept them in the playoffs

Okay lol, 58 win team addresses its biggest weaknesses by getting Gasol and Green and on top of that adding a superstar.

earlier your talking up Russell Draymond and a bunch of scrubs as if thats a good supporting cast

Raptors weren’t stacked. What’s stacked was the 4 All-stars 76ers Kawhi beat in the playoffs
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#184 » by ahmetmekin » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:12 pm

Jayt99 wrote:Curry apologist out in full force today :lol:

Apology for what? He was the main piece of a ream with 5 times b2b final appearances, 3 championships, 67-73-67 win seasons. It is rather haters are in full force because he won and accomplished a lot in the last 5 years.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#185 » by gmoney411 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:16 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Lets look at Klay compared to other #2 options from past NBA championships

Klay
Kyrie
38 year old Duncan
Wade 2x
Jason Terry
Gasol 2x
KG
Shaq
Tony Parker
Hard to tell for Detroit
Kobe 3x

Those are all the champions prior to the KD/GS run from this century. You have Jason Terry below him, probably whatever #2 you want from Detroit. Then a close decision between Tony Parker, Klay and 38 year old Duncan. Then you got about 10 championships with clearly better #2 options. Again GS won their 1st championship the first year Klay was an all star and Draymond's 1st year as a starter.

Im not saying Curry was surrounded by trash, that GS team was a very well built team. But this idea that this would've been the 1st year Curry wouldnt have been surrounded by all stars and the 1st year he would have to carry a team is complete garbage. What about the 2 playoff years with Mark Jackson as the coach and David Lee as his #2?

It seems we have much different definitions of "carry."

Whats your definition of carry.

I think when a lot of people say carry they mean almost no matter who else is on the team, that one player can get you to the playoffs and probably as a high seed. LeBron took some straight scrub teams to the playoffs. Harden has lead some teams of scrubs to the playoffs as well. For me the whole Curry can't carry a team is built on the idea that he can't go out there and play 37-38 minutes a game with lower level talented players and get you to the playoffs. I tend to agree with that thinking. But guys like Harden and LeBron can't senselessly fit into almost any roster in the league history without hurting the team.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#186 » by nikster » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:17 pm

Jayt99 wrote:Curry apologist out in full force today :lol:

What are they apologizing for? 2.5 bad regular season games?
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#187 » by nikster » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:18 pm

Yogatti wrote:
nikster wrote:
Yogatti wrote:

Okay lol, 58 win team addresses its biggest weaknesses by getting Gasol and Green and on top of that adding a superstar.

earlier your talking up Russell Draymond and a bunch of scrubs as if thats a good supporting cast

Raptors weren’t stacked. What’s stacked was the 4 All-stars 76ers Kawhi beat in the playoffs

Sure not stacked, just a better supporting cast than any other star had in those playoffs outside of maybe Embiid
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#188 » by mtcan » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:29 pm

I hope they get the 13th pick in the lottery if this is true.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#189 » by whatisacenter » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:32 pm

Jayt99 wrote:Curry haters out in full force today :lol:

more accurate.

:lol: some of you were so hard to see Curry struggle this season with this years roster and reading all of you cry about being denied is hysterical.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,269

Post#190 » by CS707 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:35 pm

mtcan wrote:I hope they get the 13th pick in the lottery if this is true.

We’ll take it.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#191 » by jimmy keys » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:36 pm

Yogatti wrote:
nikster wrote:
Yogatti wrote:

A championship team isn't stacked? :lol: ok bud. There were 4 title contenders last year (Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Golden State & Toronto) and all of them were stacked.

1 Superstar (Kawhi) + 2 All-stars (Lowry & Siakam) + 5 great role players (Gasol, Ibaka, FVV, Green & OG) = stacked

1 Superstar (Kawhi) + 1 All-NBA (George) + 4 great role players (Lou Will, Beverly, Harrell & Shamet) = also stacked
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#192 » by stoo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:38 pm

this was expected a few months ago, right after they faked klay's injury and then signed him to a max
NotSinceWilt
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#193 » by Yogatti » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:39 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
nikster wrote:Okay lol, 58 win team addresses its biggest weaknesses by getting Gasol and Green and on top of that adding a superstar.

A championship team isn't stacked? :lol: ok bud. There were 4 title contenders last year (Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Golden State & Toronto) and all of them were stacked.

1 Superstar (Kawhi) + 2 All-stars (Lowry & Siakam) + 5 great role players (Gasol, Ibaka, FVV, Green & OG) = stacked

1 Superstar (Kawhi) + 1 All-NBA (George) + 4 great role players (Lou Will, Beverly, Harrell & Shamet) = also stacked

What a joke your post is. OG didn’t even play in the playoffs. Siakam wasn’t an all-star last season
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#194 » by Pharmcat » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:42 pm

knicks512 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
knicks512 wrote:
I read some of the garbage about Steph on this board and truly wonder if people knew the NBA existed before KD joined the Warriors.

It's that stupid.

GSW couldnt beat a healthy Cavs team in finals without Durant

And Lebron couldn't beat the Mavs with prime Wade and Bosh. What's your point? Does that diminish his other accomplishments?

lebron is irrelevant....KD was mentioned in the above post and I was merely pointing out that the GSW could not beat a healthy cavs team without KD.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#195 » by Warriorfan » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:45 pm

Sounds like a good plan to retool for contention if players come back to form after injury and 1 or 2,one from a DLo deal, good lottery picks.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,351

Post#196 » by Pablo Escobar » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:50 pm

He was super passive in the few games that he did play. Just running around setting screens for scrubs.
Plata o Plomo?
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#197 » by Spintown » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:01 pm

Jay 20 wrote:
Spintown wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:LOL at this generation of posters, making statements and judgments about others they don't actually know and when they don't know the full details of a situation.

He was getting exposed night in and night out, he couldn't carry the Load without his Allstar Buddies. The broken Hand is a fake injury and their medical Director is one of the biggest frauds in Sports

I guess night in and night out could be used to describe two games technically. Are we really using two bad games to judge how his season would have went for the entire year?

I been saying since last season that he would be exposed without Klay (forget about Durant). I didnt even need to see the games of this season to know that.

I posted this before last years finals before klay went down

Spintown wrote:
SpreeS wrote:
Spintown wrote:I think he needs to prove he can win without Klay for me to put him in any top__.

I know you are joking. It can be real...

Klay as 2nd option in Finals per 14G

18pts 42.3 FG% 35.0 3% 3.7 REB 1.7 AST 1.6 TOV -22 +\-

It could be one of the worst second options in Finals history.

The almost equal long range threat that he possess gives curry so much room to operate. Klay is one of the most under appreciated players in the league and if golden state loses him Curry will be exposed.

all while I had to Fight off "Warrior" Fans (Curry Fanboys) from labeling Klay as another Joe Harris.

February 2019

cpower wrote:around 80% at least, if you switch two players, Harris will just be fine in warriors system.

clyde21 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Lol. You gotta be kidding right? Harris is not even close. Kyle Korver is Harris goals. Klay is in another class.

is he?

Klay: 16.8 PER
Harris: 13.8 PER

Harris: 64.5 TS%
Klay: 57.0 TS%

Harris: 1.1 VORP
Klay: 0.5 VORP

Harris: .116 WS/48
Klay: .107 WS/48

Harris: +0.9 On/Off
Klay: -5.6 On/Off

Harris: .70 RPM
Klay: -.48 RPM

Klay only has him beat in PER...and Joe Dolla Sign doesn't get the benefit of playing next to Steph and KD.

like seriously, it's absolutely dumbfounding how overrated Klay has become.

^ignorantly just posts stats and believes it to be the end-all-be-all truth with no Avail.

Spintown wrote:
cpower wrote:
Spintown wrote:Lol “warrior fans” feeling the need to bash Klay to prop up their boy Curry.

warrior fans hacking every single stat website to bring down Klay's numbers. 8-)

Exhibit A.

Bandwagoners dont appreciate players. :lol:
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,913

Post#198 » by mudsak » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:02 pm

Read on Twitter

WEEEAAAAK! Most of these players are so soft. Need more Jimmy Buckets in the league... guys who aren't little b!tches.

I get it, I imagine the owners of the Warriors want to sit him for the year and he's probably on board with the plan as well. I just think it's beyond weak. "No competitive reason"... so weak. What?... you don't get a guaranteed trip to the Finals so there's no reason to play?
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,391

Post#199 » by Hornet Mania » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:09 pm

If the original reports of this being a 2 month injury are accurate then this is really disappointing and obviously a tank move. I'm not going to jump on Curry/GSW yet though, Bucher is not exactly reliable. But sitting a guy for the entire season (minus a couple games played) for a 2 month injury would be an incredibly obvious attempt to stack up those Ls for lotto odds.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#200 » by mtcan » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:32 pm

mudsak wrote:
Read on Twitter

WEEEAAAAK! Most of these players are so soft. Need more Jimmy Buckets in the league... guys who aren't little b!tches.

I get it, I imagine the owners of the Warriors want to sit him for the year and he's probably on board with the plan as well. I just think it's beyond weak. "No competitive reason"... so weak. What?... you don't get a guaranteed trip to the Finals so there's no reason to play?

Millenial athletes...whine and cry when you realize that you can't win because you have less than 4 all-stars. Boo **** hoo.

So all of the sudden you won't even play because you know you can't win? What is wrong with this? What kind of example does this set for other players? For kids that idolize these guys?

Return to The General Board