[Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#201 » by Krazykiwi » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:40 pm

Guys, calm down . Curry eventually has to play and will get exposed as everyone will finally get to see he’s nothing more than just an all star level player. I mean he can’t be “hurt” for the rest of his career right ?He’s been extremely lucky his entire career, He owed it big time to KD for hiding behind KD and building his legacy. He’s not a a true all time great. I would say he’s a good sidekick , but definitely not a true all time great that are counted on to led a team .
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#202 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:42 pm

Krazykiwi wrote:Guys, calm down . Curry eventually has to play and will get exposed as everyone will finally get to see he’s nothing more than just an all star level player. I mean he can’t be “hurt” for the rest of his career right ?He’s been extremely lucky his entire career, He owed it big time to KD for hiding behind KD and building his legacy. He’s not a a true all time great. I would say he’s a good sidekick , but definitely not a true all time great that are counted on to led a team .

I was counting down the minutes until you entered the thread lol

"Just" an All-Star who won consecutive MVPs, including the only every unanimous MVP. No biggie.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#203 » by Spintown » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:43 pm

Krazykiwi wrote:Guys, calm down . Curry eventually has to play and will get exposed as everyone will finally get to see he’s nothing more than just an all star level player. I mean he can’t be “hurt” for the rest of his career right ?He’s been extremely lucky his entire career, He owed it big time to KD for hiding behind KD and building his legacy. He’s not a a true all time great. I would say he’s a good sidekick , but definitely not a true all time great that are counted on to led a team .

Once Klay comes back, Steph will magically be OK and ready to play. And then all the Curry fanboys will come back from the woodshed :lol:
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,766

Post#204 » by Adam Stern » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:50 pm

This is why I respect Dame.
This is why I respect Harden.
This is why I respect Giannis.
This is why I respect Westbrook.

They show up. They compete. They try to help their teams win even in difficult circumstances.
And most notably they appreciate the fans who pay to see them play.

That's what I expected of Steph this season.
It's a little disappointing to see he may be choosing a different route.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,764

Post#205 » by nikster » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:55 pm

How many side kicks have won a chanpiomship as the number one option? Or lead a team to consecutive finals appearances?

there's only a handful of players in the league that have done that
Krazykiwi
Senior

Post#206 » by Krazykiwi » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:58 pm

Spintown wrote:

Once Klay comes back, Steph will magically be OK and ready to play. And then all the Curry fanboys will come back from the woodshed :lol:

Doesn’t matter anymore . Curry is just not a great player that can led a team to anything. Everything I said about Curry before turned out to be true . I even predicted Curry would “suffer” an injury within a month into the season.

Once again , there will be no arguments if you Curry fanboys would just let Curry be himself, which is just an all star level player occasionally capable of putting up MVP like numbers . But instead you guys have to hype him up to be something like top 10 all time great, and the best offensive player ever ? this is when people get irritated and become unbearable at times .
Spintown
Starter

Post#207 » by Spintown » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:00 am

nikster wrote:

How many side kicks have won a chanpiomship as the number one option? Or lead a team to consecutive finals appearances?

Andre Iguodala
Soca
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#208 » by Soca » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:02 am

Krazykiwi wrote:
Spintown wrote:

Doesn’t matter anymore . Curry is just not a great player that can led a team to anything. Everything I said about Curry before turned out to be true . I even predicted Curry would “suffer” an injury within a month into the season.

Once again , there will be no arguments if you Curry fanboys would just let Curry be himself, which is just an all star level player occasionally capable of putting up MVP like numbers . But instead you guys have to hype him up to be something like top 10 all time great, and the best offensive player ever ? this is when people get irritated and become unbearable at times .

You don't have to be a Curry fanboy to know that's completely false.
Soca
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#209 » by Soca » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:03 am

Spintown wrote:
nikster wrote:

Andre Iguodala

Troll.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 744

Post#210 » by NY2k1 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:06 am

Krazykiwi wrote:
Spintown wrote:

Not even a Curry fanboy, but lol at this post...

I guess all the accolades he achieved before KD joined and before they became a dynasty didn't happen.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#211 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:09 am

Man being golden state ticket holder must suck right now
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#212 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:10 am

Read on Twitter
Krazykiwi
Senior

Post#213 » by Krazykiwi » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:10 am

nikster wrote:

He had a great two year run as the best player on the team , but that Warriors team was super super deep, it had many very good players on that team . Curry was at the best possible situation for someone of his caliber . KLay Green, Iggy, Barnes , Bogut, Livingston, all good pieces back then . Curry just happened to be a little better player than them so It gave the illusion of him leading the team to two finals and one title . Then The softcake cup KD, who is a true all time great came joining the team , Curry can now riding on his past reputation and hide behind the most stacked team to continue to build his legacy.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,552

Post#214 » by Johnny Fontane » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:16 am

Haven't read any of the thread but must be a hell of a hardship to be getting paid 40+ million & have the convenient excuse that "There's nothing to play for this season", thus taking the year off. Pussy
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#215 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:18 am

KT and Curry both out. Golden State might just net a nice pick next year (if they own a first rounder).
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,482

Post#216 » by Jazz9 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:23 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Read on Twitter

"he wouldn't play again this season because there's no competitive reason"

That's dumb on so many levels
"I can't win a title so why bother?" :-?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,891
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#217 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:24 am

Oh wow, so much shock, much surprise, cannot believe.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Spintown
Starter

Post#218 » by Spintown » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:31 am

Jazz9 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Read on Twitter

"he wouldn't play again this season because there's no competitive reason"

That's dumb on so many levels
"I can't win a title so why bother?" :-?

Just another example of where the NBA is headed: Championship Contender or Tank.

There is no in between. If you see the Past champions they had a slow and painful death, Like the Celtics, Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Pistons.

Everybody wanted a piece of them with all their top players.

Now with Golden State its like why even try, cause just making the playoffs isnt good enough.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#219 » by Just_Bullz » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:32 am

Soft as tissue.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,261

Post#220 » by picc » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:17 am

How convenient.