Kawhi Leonard 'Shocked' NBA Revealed Details Of Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kawhi Leonard 'Shocked' NBA Revealed Details Of Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:19 pm

Kawhi Leonard found it "shocking" the NBA detailed his injury when announcing a fine against the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Clippers were fined $50,000 due to statements from the team and Doc Rivers that "were inconsistent" with Leonard's health.

The NBA also said "Leonard is suffering from an ongoing injury to the patella tendon in his left knee and has been placed by the team at this time on an injury protocol for back-to-back games."

Leonard has twice sat out the first night of back-to-back games this season.

"I mean it was shocking, but it doesn't matter to me," Leonard said when asked what he thought about the NBA revealing details about his injury. "I'm not a guy that reads the media anyway. We're going to manage it the best way we can to keep me healthy and that's the most important thing, me being healthy moving forward."

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Re: Kawhi Leonard 'Shocked' NBA Revealed Details Of Injury 

Post#2 » by Elnegron » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:36 pm

[list=][/list] this sounds like NBA fake news. Adam silver and the NBA got caught on a lie and wanting to find an excuse for sitting kawhi to keep playoffs ratings hot and clippers keep exposing them
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:10 pm

Elnegron wrote:[list=][/list] this sounds like NBA fake news. Adam silver and the NBA got caught on a lie and wanting to find an excuse for sitting kawhi to keep playoffs ratings hot and clippers keep exposing them

Kawhi just confirmed that the NBA revealed his injury, so that’s the opposite of fake news.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#4 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:26 pm

Elnegron wrote:[list=][/list] this sounds like NBA fake news. Adam silver and the NBA got caught on a lie and wanting to find an excuse for sitting kawhi to keep playoffs ratings hot and clippers keep exposing them

Seems pretty clear that Kawhi and the Clippers got caught in a lie. Kawhi has "an ongoing injury to the patella tendon in his left knee" but he also "feels great" and has "never felt better". Well which is it? Is he injured or not because to say he "never felt better" logically means either he's healed or he's been injured his whole life and this is the healthy he's ever been...but still a little injured. Ooooookay, I don't believe the Clips or Kawhi for a sec. Kawhi thinks roughly 70 games is all he should have to play, the season is just too long for his tastes and he's enough of a superstar that the Clips indulge it.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:45 pm

The_Hater wrote:

Kawhi just confirmed that the NBA revealed his injury, so that’s the opposite of fake news.

It's more shock of the action they took, rather than the actual injury.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#6 » by delsol650 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:51 pm

Clippers STH should also practice Load Management in paying and showing up for those seats :lol:
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#7 » by alienpick » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:53 pm

why is Kawhi shocked? Injuries get reported all the time. We know Steph has a broken hand, we know KD tore his achilles, its no big secret. Unless it's a fake injury, or a lifetime injury that would effect your next contract because you want to lie and not tell the people who might pay you about it...
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#8 » by TimRobbins » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:59 pm

alienpick wrote:why is Kawhi shocked? Injuries get reported all the time. We know Steph has a broken hand, we know KD tore his achilles, its no big secret. Unless it's a fake injury, or a lifetime injury that would effect your next contract because you want to lie and not tell the people who might pay you about it...

Yeah, not sure about the "shocked" part. There is no privacy regarding medical issues for NBA players. Maybe that should change, but right now, the entire medical file is basically public.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,038

Post#9 » by ItsDanger » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:34 pm

This is consistent with what I've seen from him. He's got tendonosis which won't get better unless he takes minimum 2 yrs off. If he keeps playing, it's likely to get worse.

Well, he wanted the LA limelight. You got it Kawhi.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#10 » by Oncloud9 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:52 pm

Anyone now surprised that Masai didn't make the PG13 trade to try and keep Kawhi. The PG13/future draft picks trade to placate Kawhi will go down in history with the KG/Pierce trade to Brooklyn as one of the worst in history. The AD for Ball, Ingram, Hart and draft picks will also be a contender for worst ever.

IMO Brooklyn is closer to a chip than either the Clips or Lakers and I have no faith that Kyrie can lead any team anywhere.
Ayuandmi
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#11 » by Ayuandmi » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:34 pm

Oncloud9 wrote:Anyone now surprised that Masai didn't make the PG13 trade to try and keep Kawhi. The PG13/future draft picks trade to placate Kawhi will go down in history with the KG/Pierce trade to Brooklyn as one of the worst in history. The AD for Ball, Ingram, Hart and draft picks will also be a contender for worst ever.

IMO Brooklyn is closer to a chip than either the Clips or Lakers and I have no faith that Kyrie can lead any team anywhere.

Reason for the worst trade in history? Would you say the same if one of them wins it all this year?
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#12 » by artsncrafts » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:09 pm

RealGM headlines are very similar to those clickbait popup ads. :lol:
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect
And1: 943

Post#13 » by Blaze4G » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:51 pm

Oncloud9 wrote:Anyone now surprised that Masai didn't make the PG13 trade to try and keep Kawhi. The PG13/future draft picks trade to placate Kawhi will go down in history with the KG/Pierce trade to Brooklyn as one of the worst in history. The AD for Ball, Ingram, Hart and draft picks will also be a contender for worst ever.

I guess if this makes you sleep better at night that Kawhi left the raptors then go right ahead. Finding comfort in delusion.
NY 567 wrote: that won't change the fact that Tatum is mediocre as hell and that Ainge is dumb enough to give average starters with no upside like Tatum and Brown max contracts. That's worse than Isiah Thomas level dumb
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#14 » by nedleeds » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:41 pm

NBA with the solid HIPAA compliance.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,558

Post#15 » by Harry Garris » Fri Nov 8, 2019 11:10 pm

History has shown that trading some good but not great role players for a superstar is worth it every time. The reason the KG/Pierce trade didn't work is because those guys were both ancient and way past their prime. That's not the case with Paul George or Anthony Davis.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#16 » by inquisitive » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:22 am

I an understand why...he lives under a rock until game time
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#17 » by lakerz12 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:02 am

Shocked that people would actually know something true regarding your injury?

Sick of this guy and how entitled he thinks he is to total privacy.

Newsflash: when you are a professional athlete and you play for a professional team, your injuries are supposed to be disclosed. That's part of the deal.

If you don't want anyone to know anything then retire.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,407

Post#18 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:02 am

That's LA for you, buddy. Enjoy.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,821

Post#19 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:11 am

lakerz12 wrote:Shocked that people would actually know something true regarding your injury?

Sick of this guy and how entitled he thinks he is to total privacy.

Newsflash: when you are a professional athlete and you play for a professional team, your injuries are supposed to be disclosed. That's part of the deal.

If you don't want anyone to know anything then retire.

It's not at all part of the deal. Saying so makes you sound like a moron entitled to a stupid childish opinion. What do you think earns you in particular the right to know about a stranger's medical? You've literally done nothing and should just shut it.

Watch the personal attacks.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#20 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:19 am

Not saying any of the above is wrong... but ya'll need to take what Kawhi says with a little more salt. His command of English is good enough to communicate, but maybe not much more. What I mean to say is, he probably chose the wrong word when he said "shocked." For many of us, surprised and shocked have very different meanings, but for some people the nuances might be more subtle or even nonexistent.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion