KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 635

KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#1 » by tsirigoj » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:20 am

I imagine KCP is eventually left out of rotation, and perhaps Kuzma gets shopped. They are complete liabilities on both sides of the ball.

What say y'all?
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#2 » by thebigbird » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:22 am

Send KCP back to jail.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#3 » by Max Headrom » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:22 am

tsirigoj wrote:I imagine KCP is eventually left out of rotation, and perhaps Kuzma gets shopped. They are complete liabilities on both sides of the ball.

What say y'all?

I get crucified by my friends and brothers that are Laker fans when I've always said Kuzma is basically the forward version of Clarkson. If his shot isn't falling and he's not hot offensively, he's unplayable
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#4 » by Goudelock » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:23 am

Kuzma is coming back from an injury that sidelined him for the entire preseason. He's rusty and will improve.

But KCP.............yeesh.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#5 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:26 am

I feel like there will be a package trade coming to the Lakers in the coming months if some of those guys aren't performing where they need to be. If Kuzma isn't able to hit 3's at a fairly high rate there is absolutely no reason to hold onto him if you are the Lakers.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,538

Post#6 » by lonzo_pelota » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:26 am

kuz has had a highlight reel pass and a knocked down a 3 so far this game his turnovers were mental mistakes, dont put him and kcp in the same breath
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#7 » by IgorK » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:26 am

KCP is notorious for slow starts with us.

Kuz.. boy I sure hope it's the 'coming back from injury' issue. I never cared for his game - as someone above said, he's just another Clarkson in my view (empty stat stuffer, not winner)
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,894

Post#8 » by lakerz12 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:27 am

PockyCandy wrote:Kuzma is coming back from an injury that sidelined him for the entire preseason. He's rusty and will improve.

But KCP.............yeesh.

And sidelined him for the first 4 games. He's still on a minutes restriction.

Way too early to draw conclusions about Kuzma.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#9 » by chitownsalesmen » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:29 am

IgorK wrote:KCP is notorious for slow starts with us.

Kuz.. boy I sure hope it's the 'coming back from injury' issue. I never cared for his game - as someone above said, he's just another Clarkson in my view (empty stat stuffer, not winner)

Yeah I never understood the idea that Kuzma was some how more valuable then Ingram or Ball. Ingram especially just has soooo much higher potential.
tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 635

Post#10 » by tsirigoj » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:29 am

Obviously, loved the AD trade but thought it was a huge mistake giving up Ball instead of Kuzma.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,739

Post#11 » by life_saver » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:29 am

Kuzma isn't even that good of a shooter...he shot like 30% from 3 last season and a career 33% shooter from 3 so far...
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#12 » by Barnzy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:39 am

tsirigoj wrote:Obviously, loved the AD trade but thought it was a huge mistake giving up Ball instead of Kuzma.

Ball is horrible too.

The only decent player in that trade was Ingram (from the Lakers side)
Dajadeed
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,643

Post#13 » by Dajadeed » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:41 am

KCP is horrible.

Kuzma needs some time to get in shape and knock the rust off. Give him 3-5 more games and he’s good.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#14 » by nzahir » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:44 am

No reasonable LAL thought Kuz>BI

But NOLA wasn't dumb and wanted BI

I really feel like the Kuzma stuff was a smokescreen by LAL to keep his ego boosted and make it seem like LAL wouldn't move him. His talk and personality is too much for his game.

He can score the ball decent off ball though and attacking basket. Only guy besides AD and Lebron who can get his own shot.

I would send him, THT, future 2nd for a guy like Derrick White in 2 seconds.

Much easier to get these bench scorer guys. Fit also isn't perfect.

LAL needs more shooting
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Max Headrom » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:48 am

Dajadeed wrote:KCP is horrible.

Kuzma needs some time to get in shape and knock the rust off. Give him 3-5 more games and he’s good.

That's the thing though, even when healthy he was just putting up numbers on bad Laker teams with average efficiency. He's a 6th man and when he's on, you play him. When he isn't, you have to bench him. He doesn't rebound well, defend or pass well. Similar to (again) Clarkson or other 6th man that you ride when they're on fire and limit their minutes when they're not. Players like that become liabilities quickly when they aren't scoring at a decent to good clip.
illuminati666
Analyst
And1: 4,561

Post#16 » by illuminati666 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:50 am

KCP has had a poor start, but if his shot starts falling he can be a very strong role player for this team.

Kuzma is coming off and injury and may just be shaking off of the rust, he's a good player to have offensively, runs the break, decent enough shooter... but he def needs to step up on the other side of the floor if he doesn't want to be traded.
Also about the BI comparisons, completely healthy anyone would've taken BI..but the blood clot was scary and at the time Kuz def had more value...plus he's only making like 2 mil and is still young.
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#17 » by IgorK » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:52 am

Max Headrom wrote:

That's the thing though, even when healthy he was just putting up numbers on bad Laker teams with average efficiency. He's a 6th man and when he's on, you play him. When he isn't, you have to bench him. He doesn't rebound well, defend or pass well. Similar to (again) Clarkson or other 6th man that you ride when they're on fire and limit their minutes when they're not. Players like that become liabilities quickly when they aren't scoring at a decent to good clip.

I largely agree with this. But I will say this - LBJ seemed to love Kuzma this summer, and when one of the greatest players in this game sees something in a player (work ethic, improvement, whatever) then I'll give it a shot. He's also in his 3rd season and he's cheap af - I doubt the Lakers can get a player like him at that price.

Let's see what Kuzma does prior to the trade deadline.

Also -

KCP got hot at the end of the season. If he does it this year heading into playoffs, it won't matter what Kuz does. 8-)
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Max Headrom » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:59 am

IgorK wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

I largely agree with this. But I will say this - LBJ seemed to love Kuzma this summer, and when one of the greatest players in this game sees something in a player (work ethic, improvement, whatever) then I'll give it a shot. He's also in his 3rd season and he's cheap af - I doubt the Lakers can get a player like him at that price.

Let's see what Kuzma does prior to the trade deadline.

Also -

KCP got hot at the end of the season. If he does it this year heading into playoffs, it won't matter what Kuz does. 8-)

No diss at all to Kuz but, I actually think for what he does you could possibly find someone for cheap that's in the G-League. Now, the issue of course is yes, you can't trade him with his number being so low salary wise but they could definitely use a consistent knock down shooter with the make up of the team. LeBron has only succeeded with being surrounded by all the players on the court being good to great shooters for the most part.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,894

Post#19 » by lakerz12 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:14 am

Max Headrom wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:I imagine KCP is eventually left out of rotation, and perhaps Kuzma gets shopped. They are complete liabilities on both sides of the ball.

What say y'all?

I get crucified by my friends and brothers that are Laker fans when I've always said Kuzma is basically the forward version of Clarkson. If his shot isn't falling and he's not hot offensively, he's unplayable

How is this not true for Lou Williams, who everyone acts like is great?

Lou takes 16 shots to score 20 points. Kuzma had better overall stats as a sophomore! And you guys are ready to write him off? Smh.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by Max Headrom » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:17 am

lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

What say y'all?

How is this not true for Lou Williams, who everyone acts like is great?

Lou takes 16 shots to score 20 points. Kuzma had better overall stats as a sophomore! And you guys are ready to write him off? Smh.

Lou since joining the Clippers is a good playmaker and clutch 4th quarter scorer that draws a ton of attention. The fact that you're even trying to compare the two is indicative to how much some Laker fans overrate Kuzma...

Return to The General Board