ImageImageImageImageImage

Willie Cauley Stein

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Willie Cauley Stein 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:57 am

Hey Golden State fellas, Sac fan coming in peace.

Checking in to see your opinions on WCS after the first few games?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Re: Willie Cauley Stein 

Post#2 » by azwfan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:05 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Hey Golden State fellas, Sac fan coming in peace.

He sucks is available in trade talks.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#3 » by Coxy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:06 am

He sucks.

Seems like a lazy dude.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#4 » by Samurai » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:25 am

He is getting off to a very slow start (practicing my diplomatic skills!). Granted he did not get the benefit of a pre-season to get in game shape and learn the system, but he also is not showing any progress in the games he has been in so far. I would expect his first game to suck big-time and then subsequent games show signs of consistently sucking less; such a pattern would give me some confidence that in another week or two he would be mediocre. Unfortunately his suck factor seems to be frustratingly consistent so far.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#5 » by killmongrel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:42 am

So far? He's great for tanking.

Thank god we gave Looney the MLE. How is Harrison Barnes?
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#6 » by Bayside » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:17 am

He has a player option next year? If he continues his current trajectory he will be part of the DLO trade or something else.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#7 » by killmongrel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:19 am

Bayside wrote:He has a player option next year? If he continues his current trajectory he will be part of the DLO trade or something else.

If he continues to play like this, I expect Kerr to tell him straight up to opt out or he's stuck behind Bowman at the 5 spot for the following season.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#8 » by Mylie10 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:49 am

He feelin fine maan
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:28 am

killmongrel wrote:

Man WCS was a guy I wanted so badly to succeed. I was actually happy he went to GS, I figured if anyone could make him give a damn it was you guys. Dude just lacks any effort, physicality or IQ.

I'm super happy with Barnes. Hes been consistent as hell for us. Rebounds, shoots 3s, can post up, makes the right play, gets to the line. As bad as the rest of our team has been, I'm glad hes been the steady hand. Hes a little overpaid, but worth it to finally have a 3/4 like him.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#10 » by killmongrel » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:56 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Man WCS was a guy I wanted so badly to succeed. I was actually happy he went to GS, I figured if anyone could make him give a damn it was you guys. Dude just lacks any effort, physicality or IQ.

I'm super happy with Barnes. Hes been consistent as hell for us. Rebounds, shoots 3s, can post up, makes the right play, gets to the line. As bad as the rest of our team has been, I'm glad hes been the steady hand. Hes a little overpaid, but worth it to finally have a 3/4 like him.

It's still early in the season and WCS can improve. But if he doesn't get his **** together, I can see Spellman starting, or even our rookie Smailagic getting the start to shame him into focus. There is no reason WCS should be playing badly even on a tanking team if his end goal is to prove himself and possibly play for the team when we do contend next year.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#11 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:33 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

I don't follow the Kings enough, but I had the feeling that Barnes trade kind of slowed down last season momentum for SacTo. The team looked like a contender for the playoff and Barnes should have been the final piece to achieve it, but the team actually got worse.
I stopped being a fan of Barnes a long time ago and he has never done anything to change my mind.
He's one of the main reasons GSW lost to the Cavs in 2016, I'll never forgive him for that.
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#12 » by BG » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:30 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
killmongrel wrote: So far? He's great for tanking.

He's one of the main reasons GSW lost to the Cavs in 2016, I'll never forgive him for that.

IRC he had a stretch in the finals where he shot 1-32 or someting like that :nonono:
Warriors!!!
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#13 » by svart » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:44 pm

I watched last night's game.

I liked him since he was drafted, and was really glad when we signed him, thought the dubs organization will make something out of him.
But damn, this man is lazy. He doesn't even try under the rim sometimes, his body language is awful. I was wondering if it has something to do with the team being so bad and him feeling demotivated, or if this is his normal motor and attitude.

So disappointed. Not sure he has what it takes to turn it around, i think he might me a lost cause already.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#14 » by Jester_ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:32 pm

Terrible at basketball and an idiot
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#15 » by Warriorfan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:55 pm

WCS will get his 12 and 8 five him time. I'm sure he will be traded at the deadline.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#16 » by Money_ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:21 pm

He had a bad game last night. Was expecting he and Dlo to develop a pick and roll chemistry but they haven't gone to that with those two that much. Or at least, it hasn't been successful. He is not very aggressive on the boards or boxing out. He could be a real leader in that regard for the youth, but that might be asking too much from him. If I don't see any improvement over the next month, I will be in agreement with those above.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:46 pm

Ummm, he set a ton of the screens Russell used to get his points.

I rewatched the game last night after reading all of the Willie comments, and while he wasn't great but any stretch, he did have some good moments on the defensive end. He was also heavily involved in setting the I initial screen DLo was using.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,697

Post#18 » by whatisacenter » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:22 pm

it looks like his conditioning is lacking. I saw him asking out of the game just a few minutes into the first quarter. I'm hoping that his camp injury prevented him from getting ready for the season and this is not what the team will get from him on a consistent basis.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#19 » by Money_ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:23 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Ummm, he set a ton of the screens Russell used to get his points.

I rewatched the game last night after reading all of the Willie comments, and while he wasn't great but any stretch, he did have some good moments on the defensive end. He was also heavily involved in setting the I initial screen DLo was using.

You are right about that, but DLo didn't dish to Willie that much at all. Maybe because of the way Minny was defending it...
other than the initial screen, not much developed after.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#20 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:33 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
killmongrel wrote: So far? He's great for tanking.

I don't follow the Kings enough, but I had the feeling that Barnes trade kind of slowed down last season momentum for SacTo. The team looked like a contender for the playoff and Barnes should have been the final piece to achieve it, but the team actually got worse.
I stopped being a fan of Barnes a long time ago and he has never done anything to change my mind.

Ya I mean, he certainly didn't help us last year. But a lot of that was a young team that failed to incorporate a new player into his role, the other part was downright regression from everyone and not being able to hold leads.

So far this year, hes been our more consistent player. Hes definitely grown a lot since he left GS. I also dont think his time in dallas was a fair showing of his abilities, hes definitely not cut out to he a teams 1st or 2nd offensive option.

Return to Golden State Warriors