KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Method28
Junior
And1: 356

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#21 » by Method28 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:25 am

lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:I imagine KCP is eventually left out of rotation, and perhaps Kuzma gets shopped. They are complete liabilities on both sides of the ball.

What say y'all?

I get crucified by my friends and brothers that are Laker fans when I've always said Kuzma is basically the forward version of Clarkson. If his shot isn't falling and he's not hot offensively, he's unplayable

How is this not true for Lou Williams, who everyone acts like is great?

Lou takes 16 shots to score 20 points. Kuzma had better overall stats as a sophomore! And you guys are ready to write him off? Smh.
Because Lou is a professional scorer of the basketball. Kuzma hasn't proven anything. You need a bucket in the 4th, Lou is one of your best bets in the NBA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
All-Fav Team
PG: Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Ricky Rubio
SG: Marcus Thornton, Tony Allen
SF: Nick Batum, Luol Deng, Danillo Gallinari
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin
C: Demarcus Cousins, DeAndre Jordan
Cheerleader: Ryan Gomes
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,894

Post#22 » by lakerz12 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:25 am

Max Headrom wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
I get crucified by my friends and brothers that are Laker fans when I've always said Kuzma is basically the forward version of Clarkson. If his shot isn't falling and he's not hot offensively, he's unplayable

Lou takes 16 shots to score 20 points. Kuzma had better overall stats as a sophomore! And you guys are ready to write him off? Smh.

Lou since joining the Clippers is a good playmaker and clutch 4th quarter scorer that draws a ton of attention. The fact that you're even trying to compare the two is indicative to how much some Laker fans overrate Kuzma...

Oh I didn't realize you were a Clipper fan until now. Lol. No wonder you're hating on Kuzma.

I never said Kuzma was as good as Lou Williams. I am simply pointing out the ridiculousness in saying Kuzma is "unplayable" if his shot is not falling, and simultaneously saying Lou is a good player.

Look at their stats. Lou Williams last year and first games of this year vs. Kuzma sophomore season. The stats are a little outdated for Lou, I took this screen shot a few days ago.

But why again are you so ready to say Kuz can be unplayable...? It's only his 3rd year.

Also, you must not watch the Lakers games but if you did you'd know Kuzma recently hit multiple clutch shots in the 4th quarter that enabled the Lakers to win.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#23 » by LikeABosh » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:26 am

tsirigoj wrote:Obviously, loved the AD trade but thought it was a huge mistake giving up Ball instead of Kuzma.

Maybe NOLA felt the same way...
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,448

Post#24 » by Slim Charlez » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:31 am

Kcp is ass but I think there's a useful player in kuzma.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,131

Post#25 » by lambchop » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:35 am

Dudes need to stop mentioning lou will and kuz in the same sentence. Lou has been a fringe all star, whereas kuz hasnt done jack squat apart from some floaters, off balance runners and some threes in shootaround
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,764

Post#26 » by Karate Diop » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:37 am

KCP can be a spot minutes guy, Kuzma really shouldn't be playing for a team hoping to contend he's the kinda guy other teams pray for in the playoffs. So easy to gameplan for and exploit when games get tight.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#27 » by Dupp » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:39 am

Kcp is atrocious and that what he is. Kuz could be ok maybe
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#28 » by Max Headrom » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:40 am

lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:

Lou since joining the Clippers is a good playmaker and clutch 4th quarter scorer that draws a ton of attention. The fact that you're even trying to compare the two is indicative to how much some Laker fans overrate Kuzma...

Oh I didn't realize you were a Clipper fan until now. Lol. No wonder you're hating on Kuzma.

I never said Kuzma was as good as Lou Williams. I am simply pointing out the ridiculousness in saying Kuzma is "unplayable" if his shot is not falling, and simultaneously saying Lou is a good player.

Look at their stats. Lou Williams last year and first games of this year vs. Kuzma sophomore season. The stats are a little outdated for Lou, I took this screen shot a few days ago.

But why again are you so ready to say Kuz can be unplayable...? It's only his 3rd year.

Also, you must not watch the Lakers games but if you did you'd know Kuzma recently hit multiple clutch shots in the 4th quarter than enabled the Lakers to win.

And this is why I can never have basketball conversations with a lot of Laker fans. Ya'll think anyone not singing the Laker player praises is "hating" I watch more than just the Clippers because I'm a basketball fan first above all.

I actually know a lot about players that in NBA outside of the Clippers. And on the flip side, it's obvious you don't watch Lou since he's been with the Clippers to even mention Kuz in the same sentence as him.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,117

Post#29 » by brutalitops » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:45 am

Kuzma will be fine, Adjusting to a new role, coming back from injury

KCP has had warning signs for about a year now
Don Ford
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#30 » by Don Ford » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:46 am

Max Headrom wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Kuzma is in his 3rd year in the league. He averaged 16 pts on 45%/37%/71% his first year and 19 pts on 46%/30%/75% his second year. On the other hand, Lou Williams averaged 2 pts his first year and 4 pts his second year. The point is that you're assuming that Kuzma is a finished product after two years in the league, just like people were last year with Ingram and the year before with DLO and we see how that turned out.

And , yes, Lou is a better player at this point than Kuzma but you making it sound like the comparison is ridiculous shows how much you underrate Kuzma. These were their numbers last year.

Lou - 20 PPG / 43% FG / 36% 3pt / 88% FT
Kuz - 19 PPG / 46% FG / 30% 3pt / 75% FT
Mart1546
Junior
And1: 137

Post#31 » by Mart1546 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:48 am

I get mad anytime I see a KCP shot attempt, he really isn't necessary on this roster, but apparently the GM loves him. I'm hoping he has some trade value by February or the Lakers actually buy him out and get another decent scorer. Kuzma on the other hand, he'll be fine, but I really think Lakers need a better third option than him.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#32 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:57 am

KCP has never been good.

I don't know why the hell the Lakers resigned him. Stupid move.

Kuz isn't bad he was just severely overrated by Lakers fans. He can still be a good role player.

But people were trying to say he was gonna be a potential all star. He was never that good.
TheDoors24
Rookie
And1: 1,050

Post#33 » by TheDoors24 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:02 am

Wow. So you’re making your educated assessment by only a few games back from injury in the case of Kuz.

Well guess your opinion is law OP.

Honestly guys it’s like 3 games back from injury! Plus calling a 27th pick in the draft that averaged 19 last year “just not that good” it’s pretty crazy considering a player like that is found money.
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,097

Post#34 » by Lilseb93 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:03 am

I'm curious how the Lakers will look in April. Whether it be a midseason trade, potential injuries, and overall tired legs from LeBron and AD. They need more from these guys. A 7-1 start is great, but these things will catch up to them.
Heat Culture :hug:
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,412

Post#35 » by infinite11285 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:04 am

The Popeyes chicken sandwich has more value than KCP right now. He's been absolutely awful. He can't shoot or defend.

Kuzma has the same, "he's young/coming back from injury" baked-in excuse, in what seems like every season. Will he ever be healthy long enough to turn the corner?
TheDoors24
Rookie

Post#36 » by TheDoors24 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:08 am

As for kcp yes he’s shot terrible but he has a high plus in the line ups he’s been and his defense has been good not counting him guarding kawai which no fault of kcp.

So while I do wish he shoot better I think people are underrating his defense in this lakers team. He’s playing hard.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,894

Post#37 » by lakerz12 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:08 am

Method28 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Because Lou is a professional scorer of the basketball. Kuzma hasn't proven anything. You need a bucket in the 4th, Lou is one of your best bets in the NBA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

"Professional scorer of the basketball" is shooting 40% from the floor this year. :lol:

Lou is held to a lower standard because he comes off the bench. If he were a starter, people would call him a chucker. And he'd get smoked by the opposing starters as a below average defender.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#38 » by yoyoboy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:10 am

TheDoors24 wrote:Wow. So you’re making your educated assessment by only a few games back from injury in the case of Kuz.

Honestly guys it’s like 3 games back from injury! Plus calling a 27th pick in the draft that averaged 19 last year “just not that good” it’s pretty crazy considering a player like that is found money.

You'd be surprised how many players could average 19 ppg on below league average efficiency if they were given the opportunity. Kuzma isn't exactly providing anything else on the court either.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#39 » by PKABOOICU » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:14 am

Kuzma wont improve much because he's already 24 and he has a very narrow window to expand his game...maybe a year or 2.
KCP is horrendous. I heard a rumor of KCP for Redick. Hope it happens.
TheDoors24
Rookie

Post#40 » by TheDoors24 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:17 am

yoyoboy wrote:
TheDoors24 wrote:Wow. So you’re making your educated assessment by only a few games back from injury in the case of Kuz.

You'd be surprised how many players could average 19 ppg on below league average efficiency if they were given the opportunity. Kuzma isn't exactly providing anything else on the court either.

The point is that kuz isn’t some 2nd round pick. Also, just came back from injury so we should save the hot takes until later don’t you think?

Return to The General Board