Is Andrew Wiggins not so trash anymore

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Re: Is Andrew Wiggins not so trash anymore 

Post#21 » by leolozon » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:02 am

juju14 wrote:
leolozon wrote:
life_saver wrote:how is 55% EFG% below average efficiency lol? That's much higher than league average efficiency...infact that's a pretty good efficiency.

Talking about TS%. FTs are used possessions.

Who cares he shot 50% and brought them back.

Good for him. I was just pointing out a fact.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#22 » by youngcrev » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:08 am

Domejandro wrote:Look at this shot-chart, absolutely beautiful.
Read on Twitter

Does that shot chart say he jumped from base line out of bounds beyond the 3 point line and dunked it? Impressive
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,474

Post#23 » by DaPessimist » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:08 am

Thibs was never the right fit for this team.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#24 » by drosereturn » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:42 am

I think Wiggins will be a star soon.
He was a jumper away from perennial allstar with his god given talent.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#25 » by THE J0KER » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:43 am

What makes him trash player was poor efficiency and bad defense, and all that for max money.

1/10 of the season is a small sample but he suddenly grows from 18ppg 49%TS% player to 24ppg 54%TS% with better defense, which is a giant improvement if continues.
Mart1546
Junior
And1: 137

Post#26 » by Mart1546 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:45 am

I honestly had no hope for Wiggins, but this season he has proved me wrong. However it doesn't matter unless he and KAT can make it into the playoffs, everyone is dogging for a playoff spot.
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,172

Post#27 » by Steven1562 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:46 am

He finally stopped taking those horrendous Kobe long 2's. Andrew's game should be open 3 or slash/transition.
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#28 » by Jakay » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:48 am

Young player improves.

Outcome:

He gets worse. Haters are right.

He continues to get better. Defenders vindicated.

I wonder if ESPN would pay me.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,117

Post#29 » by brutalitops » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:50 am

THE J0KER wrote:What makes him trash player was poor efficiency and bad defense, and all that for max money.

1/10 of the season is a small sample but he suddenly grows from 18ppg 49%TS% player to 24ppg 54%TS% with better defense, which is a giant improvement if continues.

his defense hasnt been an issue for about a year now. He's not going to be Paul George but we gotta stop thinking he's a bad defender.

Also the fact Ryan benches him for taking horrific shots when Thibs would just let it run is the biggest posititve. Wiggins has been huge in Clutch games for us. Was a beast defensively against Brooklyn in OT and tonight just looked Sharp in the 4th/OT against the warriors.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,117

Post#30 » by brutalitops » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:51 am

Steven1562 wrote:He finally stopped taking those horrendous Kobe long 2's. Andrew's game should be open 3 or slash/transition.

Still is inconsistent at that 3 but hes lost the tunnel vision which was the most fustraiting thing about him. Passing out of double teams means he'll create easlier looks for himself next time down. I dont think he's improved his shooting at all, He's just playing a **** smarter and has a proper coach
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#31 » by Mister Ze » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:52 am

I always believed in him
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#32 » by LakerLegend » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:17 am

He's really putting it together.
Air Apparent
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Post#33 » by Air Apparent » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:22 am

all my sleeper fantasy picks are paying off thus far, wiggins, drose, ingram etc.
basketball is a team sport
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#34 » by perempe20 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:29 am

awesome drives. (Domejandro is right.)
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#35 » by Roddy » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:52 am

Wait, a 24 years old kid is still improving ?

wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#36 » by wolves_89 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:36 am

The thing I like about Wiggins success is that it looks reasonably sustainable. First, with the Wolves new offensive scheme the lane has been a lot more open for him than it ever was under Thibs, so his ability to drive is looking pretty good so far this season (he only needs to beat one guy to get to the basket instead of having to fight through 2-3 defenders every time). Second, cutting down the extremely inefficient long 2s was always going to give a major boost to his TS% and it has, I only hope he goes a step further and cuts another 5-10% off his shot attempts between 10ft-3pt line. Third, his passing looks significantly improved and if his teammates could hit wide open shots at even an average rate he would probably be averaging 2-3 more assists a game. Finally, his defense has been decent to the point where I don't consider him a liability on that end. Basically, he's had a good start to the season even though his shooting hasn't been particularly great which gives me a lot of optimism that his success isn't going to rely on hot stretches like it has in past seasons.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,035

Post#37 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:47 am

He still needs to improve as a finisher. that will be the last step in the andrew wiggins hate stopping. He has 4 dunks, is only shooting 50 % on layups and only has 18 layups for the season compared to 16 3 pointers. That doesnt look great for a guy that is one of the best athletes in the nba
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Post#38 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:57 am

wolves_89 wrote:The thing I like about Wiggins success is that it looks reasonably sustainable. First, with the Wolves new offensive scheme the lane has been a lot more open for him than it ever was under Thibs, so his ability to drive is looking pretty good so far this season (he only needs to beat one guy to get to the basket instead of having to fight through 2-3 defenders every time). Second, cutting down the extremely inefficient long 2s was always going to give a major boost to his TS% and it has, I only hope he goes a step further and cuts another 5-10% off his shot attempts between 10ft-3pt line. Third, his passing looks significantly improved and if his teammates could hit wide open shots at even an average rate he would probably be averaging 2-3 more assists a game. Finally, his defense has been decent to the point where I don't consider him a liability on that end. Basically, he's had a good start to the season even though his shooting hasn't been particularly great which gives me a lot of optimism that his success isn't going to rely on hot stretches like it has in past seasons.

The first point is a major one not often brought up, and it directly correlates to the second and even the third.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
manlisten
Junior
And1: 311

Post#39 » by manlisten » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:20 am

leolozon wrote:
LeMasta wrote:
leolozon wrote:Would I be an a**hole if I pointed out that even while scoring 40 pts, he still had below average efficiency?

I’m more impress by the 7 assists considering he too often had tunnel vision.

he shot 17/33 which isn't bad at all especially after playing 45 minutes

No, not bad, but if you include the 4/8 from the FT line, it’s below average.

Wiggins always had some good games from time to time, but he never sustained it. I’ll have too see more good games before I change my opinion.

It's funny how people value stats. A player can shoot over 50% from the field but leave 4 points at the free throw line and some consider it inefficient. Whereas another player could shoot just under 40% on the same attempts and leave 40-60 points from the field but shoot 100% for an extra 4 points at the line and it's considered more efficient.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#40 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:25 am

It's looking more and more like Thibs just had no ***ing idea what to do with Wiggins and so he buried him in favor of his favorite son, General Soreness, who repaid him by ending his coaching career. Karma.

But he's gonna have to do more than beat the Warriors B-team (starring The Guy They Had to Trade Kevin Durant For) in one game to show he's all the way back.

Frankly I blame those goddamn braids from last year.
"The last domino falls here!"

Return to The General Board