KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Re: KCP & Kuz Just Aren't That Good 

Post#41 » by Dr Aki » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:25 am

the lakers just held the heat to 35% shooting (17% from 3pt) and this all y'all can talk about?
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#42 » by homecourtloss » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:35 am

lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:I imagine KCP is eventually left out of rotation, and perhaps Kuzma gets shopped. They are complete liabilities on both sides of the ball.

What say y'all?

I get crucified by my friends and brothers that are Laker fans when I've always said Kuzma is basically the forward version of Clarkson. If his shot isn't falling and he's not hot offensively, he's unplayable

How is this not true for Lou Williams, who everyone acts like is great?

Lou takes 16 shots to score 20 points. Kuzma had better overall stats as a sophomore! And you guys are ready to write him off? Smh.

Lou Williams is an offense creator for himself and others via the pick and roll/pop. Take a look at his ORPM, ORAPM, OPIPM Numbers. He, too, sucks defensively. Kuzma shows offensive flair, a feel for scoring, but then doesn’t score effectively, can’t shoot open shots anymore, and doesn’t create for anyone else, hike also sucking on defense, AND can’t rebound worth a damn.

KCP is only good for the occasional hot stretch, usually against scrubs and/or in garbage time.

But LeBron, AD, and Dwight have been so good, the utter **** of the rest of their rotation sans D. Green has been masked. They’ve been asked to simply make open three pointers and can’t even do that.

Despite all, that Lakers are going to be sporting a near +12 SRS.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#43 » by nzahir » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:40 am

PKABOOICU wrote:Kuzma wont improve much because he's already 24 and he has a very narrow window to expand his game...maybe a year or 2.
KCP is horrendous. I heard a rumor of KCP for Redick. Hope it happens.

KCP would never agree unless he got paid another 5-10M under the table tbh
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#44 » by mademan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:41 am

KCP sucks. If they could flip Kuz for a very mediocre pg, they'd be so much better. Like a Monte Morris off the bench would make them a lot better than Kuz does
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,544

Post#45 » by Capn'O » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:43 am

But wither THT???
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#46 » by nicnac215 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:52 am

mademan wrote:KCP sucks. If they could flip Kuz for a very mediocre pg, they'd be so much better. Like a Monte Morris off the bench would make them a lot better than Kuz does

DJ Augustine for Kuz after the Magic trade AG for DLo. Kuz wouldnt be a happy camper
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,885

Post#47 » by tmorgan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:58 am

KCP was never a really good player for the Pistons, but he was solid. From what I've seen of him in LA, he's regressed pretty badly. Poor shot selection, mediocre shot, average handle, good on ball defense but lacks defensive awareness at times... just not a good player, and not one that a contending team should be giving minutes to.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Post#48 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:59 am

homecourtloss wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
I get crucified by my friends and brothers that are Laker fans when I've always said Kuzma is basically the forward version of Clarkson. If his shot isn't falling and he's not hot offensively, he's unplayable

How is this not true for Lou Williams, who everyone acts like is great?

Lou takes 16 shots to score 20 points. Kuzma had better overall stats as a sophomore! And you guys are ready to write him off? Smh.

Lou Williams is an offense creator for himself and others via the pick and roll/pop. Take a look at his ORPM, ORAPM, OPIPM Numbers. He, too, sucks defensively. Kuzma shows offensive flair, a feel for scoring, but then doesn’t score effectively, can’t shoot open shots anymore, and doesn’t create for anyone else, hike also sucking on defense, AND can’t rebound worth a damn.

KCP is only good for the occasional hot stretch, usually against scrubs and/or in garbage time.

But LeBron, AD, and Dwight have been so good, the utter **** of the rest of their rotation sans D. Green has been masked. They’ve been asked to simply make open three pointers and can’t even do that.

Despite all, that Lakers are going to be sporting a near +12 SRS.

Been saying it for awhile, Lebron AND AD is ridiculous and I don’t think people fully appreciated what that could be if healthy.

All the Lakers need to do is get to the playoffs with those two healthy and good luck knocking them out.

But as you say the roster is so dependent on them, making that happen will be a challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#49 » by LALifer49 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:00 am

Maybe we should trade Kuzma so that you guys can all say how good he is. It’s always the same story with lakers youth, and then ppl say lakers fans have a persecution complex. When dlo was a laker threads about that pg whose name I don’t even remember (Cameron Payne maybe?) being better than him. With Ingram threads about Jaylen brown being better after 1st game of season. Randle/dlo/Ingram all suck right? Kuzma has been injured for months, and is on a team that is grooving with literally 3 players he’s played with before (rondo is out) maybe give him more than 4 minutes restricted games?

Oh and I keep reading how bad Avery Bradley is from people who must not be watching the games and going off last year. Well he’s playing great d shooting about 51/35 scoring double digits, so put some respek on his name!
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,044

Post#50 » by Lalouie » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:22 am

tsirigoj wrote:I imagine KCP is eventually left out of rotation, and perhaps Kuzma gets shopped. They are complete liabilities on both sides of the ball.

What say y'all?

i thought lebron makes everyone better???

on a side, his past mates were a shade over their career percentages with him than without. in which case i'm not quite sure what "he makes the players around him better" means unless +1 or 2% is something great. and yes,,,even ad(davis bosh and love had worse %s)
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#51 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:26 am

the sad thing is, playing next to Lebron they SHOULD look and play better, but they don't. they are both liabilities and for sure will get moved. Pelinker is yayhoo, but even he can see the inferiority of the product they are trotting out
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#52 » by TMU » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:26 am

KCP being trash is like bears **** in woods. The guy has been the most overrated role player over the past few years.

I think Kuzma still has a few years to prove himself. Too early to tell imo.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#53 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:43 am

A guy coming off injury not playing well is a hot take.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#54 » by TheBallsDeeper » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:47 am

Is this news to anyone?
MyBoyBlu
Junior
And1: 283

Post#55 » by MyBoyBlu » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:13 am

It's been 3 games you clown
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#56 » by Richard Miller » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:24 am

Pistons really dodged a bullet when he turn down the 80 mil.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#57 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:31 am

Should have kept Ingram.
"The last domino falls here!"
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#58 » by KingFox » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:47 am

infinite11285 wrote:The Popeyes chicken sandwich has more value than KCP. He's absolutely awful. He can't shoot or defend.

Kuzma has the same, "he's young/coming back from injury" baked-in excuse, in what seems like every season. Will he ever be healthy long enough to turn the corner?
:lol: :lol:
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#59 » by JellosJigglin » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:15 am

Kuzma got injured playing with Team USA. Feels like that was ages ago and he just started playing like a week ago :lol: His timing is obviously not up to game speed yet. Lebron assisted to him more than any other Laker last year and the 2nd highest wasn't even close. He's a great off ball cutter when healthy, but cutting is about precision and timing. Didn't get a preseason or training camp so I'll give him another 3 or 4 weeks.

KCP is trash no argument there.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#60 » by robbie84 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:36 am

Kuzma's always been hot trash. He just got minutes on an awful team. He's an okay offensive role player who can't defend a chair.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.

Return to The General Board