[Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Re: [Bucher] Steph Curry unlikely to return this year 

Post#241 » by Wilber85 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:56 am

WarriorGM wrote:
alebaba wrote:If hes healthy he should play, this season pretty much expose his defense...He's not that much better than Lillard.

LOL! I'm trying to keep a straight face reading this. I can't! LOL!

he is a good team defender. I always thought his defense was overrated! I am just glad the warriors are going to be bottom tier! About time. KD ruined them
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#242 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:00 am

I'm sorry but Steph is not even on the same got damn stratosphere as some of the all time greats. This season would have been a perfect barometer for his legacy. To find out how good can Steph be when he's the sole offensive threat.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#243 » by WarriorGM » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:01 am

Other Warriors fans want the team to tank and go after a high draft pick. I don't. I want them to try to keep it close because if they can once Curry comes back he is capable of getting them into the playoffs.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,904

Post#244 » by G R E Y » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:02 am

I haven't gone through the whole thread, so apologies if this has been addressed already, but when this happened, Del said Steph was still committed to Team USA for the Olympics this summer. Potentially not playing this season doesn't in any way affect his eligibility for the Olympics, right? It's just if he's chosen and feels well enough to play, yes? Thanks.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#245 » by WarriorGM » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:07 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:I'm sorry but Steph is not even on the same got damn stratosphere as some of the all time greats. This season would have been a perfect barometer for his legacy. To find out how good can Steph be when he's the sole offensive threat.

It's well-known that Curry is not in the same stratosphere as other greats because he is an alien. He's from beyond the stratosphere. He ****s the sky. It's one of his nicknames.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#246 » by Imon » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:10 am

GREY 1769 wrote:I haven't gone through the whole thread, so apologies if this has been addressed already, but when this happened, Del said Steph was still committed to Team USA for the Olympics this summer. Potentially not playing this season doesn't in any way affect his eligibility for the Olympics, right? It's just if he's chosen and feels well enough to play, yes? Thanks.

Given Team USA's poor performance in the FIBA world cup it would be pretty hilarious for them not invite Steph to the team.
Team USA has gotten too complacent - the rest of the world has gotten better and the US just stays the same (or gets worse).
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,904

Post#247 » by G R E Y » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:38 am

Imon wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:I haven't gone through the whole thread, so apologies if this has been addressed already, but when this happened, Del said Steph was still committed to Team USA for the Olympics this summer. Potentially not playing this season doesn't in any way affect his eligibility for the Olympics, right? It's just if he's chosen and feels well enough to play, yes? Thanks.

Given Team USA's poor performance in the FIBA world cup it would be pretty hilarious for them not invite Steph to the team.
Team USA has gotten too complacent - the rest of the world has gotten better and the US just stays the same (or gets worse).

I think you have it backwards. There were something like three players from the original list of around 30 invited who bothered to stick with their commitment. It wasn't Team USA but the players who got complacent. But it was complicated by the change in FIBA schedule, and teams playing in various international locations for pre-season. Still, many backed out from just... not feeling like keeping their word. It was unprecedented and disappointing. Steph was one of the players who reiterated his Olympics commitment, though now that he may miss the whole NBA season, I wondered if anyone heard of his Olympics status.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#248 » by drosereturn » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:39 am

Lame excuse since Curry cannot 1vs5.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#249 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:02 am

Were really supposed to believe Ric Bucher? Are you people insane?

Steph will be back this season.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,577

Post#250 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:47 am

It's like people completely forgot that Curry won a championship and a suspension away from repeating, off a 73 win season no less, before Durant. But yeah Curry can't carry a team.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Post#251 » by xdrta+ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:51 am

Bucher already walking back his dumb*ss story. He just keeps making stuff up. Like he has a "source."

Read on Twitter
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#252 » by Baski » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:51 am

Well if you were wondering whether Durant was hurting Curry's legacy by "holding him back from winning MVP and going crazy on the league", here's your answer folks

Pathetic
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#253 » by Edrees » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:30 am

The High Cyde wrote:If you are healthy, the franchise star, and are being paid 30 freaking million dollars a year, freaking go out and play. The fans pay for tickets to SEE YOU PLAY in your new arena, it doesn't matter if you lose. We are fans, and we want to see the stars play. It doesn't matter with tanking cause you'll lose games anyway. Basically throwing away a healthy prime season just cause the title is unattainable, what a waste.

Glad we're on the same page about Kawhi's final season with the Spurs.

If this is true I don't agree with it, but we all know who has set the precedent of hiding behind an injury to sit out a season you don't want to be a part of. At least the Warriors actually are on the same page with him because they want a high draft pick. Won't be surprised to see stars start doing this.
justme400e
Junior
And1: 116

Post#254 » by justme400e » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:31 am

LMFAO where were the torches and pitchforks when Philly purposely tanked at least three years running not too long ago?
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,270

Post#255 » by tribulations » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:15 pm

Where
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Spintown wrote:Lol at this generation of players, If you aint playing for the championship then tapout and sit.

LOL at this generation of posters, making statements and judgments about others they don't actually know and when they don't know the full details of a situation.
Wheres the lie though? Clearly a legacy protection move.

Sent from my SM-G977B using RealGM mobile app
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#256 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:51 pm

Change it to - Steph Curry realises his team is **** so will sit this season out.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#257 » by Jay 20 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 12:52 pm

Spintown wrote:
Jay 20 wrote:
Spintown wrote:
He was getting exposed night in and night out, he couldn't carry the Load without his Allstar Buddies. The broken Hand is a fake injury and their medical Director is one of the biggest frauds in Sports

I guess night in and night out could be used to describe two games technically. Are we really using two bad games to judge how his season would have went for the entire year?

I been saying since last season that he would be exposed without Klay (forget about Durant). I didnt even need to see the games of this season to know that.

I posted this before last years finals before klay went down

Spintown wrote:
SpreeS wrote:
I know you are joking. It can be real...

Klay as 2nd option in Finals per 14G

18pts 42.3 FG% 35.0 3% 3.7 REB 1.7 AST 1.6 TOV -22 +\-

It could be one of the worst second options in Finals history.

The almost equal long range threat that he possess gives curry so much room to operate. Klay is one of the most under appreciated players in the league and if golden state loses him Curry will be exposed.

all while I had to Fight off "Warrior" Fans (Curry Fanboys) from labeling Klay as another Joe Harris.

February 2019

cpower wrote:around 80% at least, if you switch two players, Harris will just be fine in warriors system.

clyde21 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Lol. You gotta be kidding right? Harris is not even close. Kyle Korver is Harris goals. Klay is in another class.

is he?

Klay: 16.8 PER
Harris: 13.8 PER

Harris: 64.5 TS%
Klay: 57.0 TS%

Harris: 1.1 VORP
Klay: 0.5 VORP

Harris: .116 WS/48
Klay: .107 WS/48

Harris: +0.9 On/Off
Klay: -5.6 On/Off

Harris: .70 RPM
Klay: -.48 RPM

Klay only has him beat in PER...and Joe Dolla Sign doesn't get the benefit of playing next to Steph and KD.

like seriously, it's absolutely dumbfounding how overrated Klay has become.

^ignorantly just posts stats and believes it to be the end-all-be-all truth with no Avail.

Spintown wrote:
cpower wrote:warrior fans hacking every single stat website to bring down Klay's numbers. 8-)

Exhibit A.

Bandwagoners dont appreciate players. :lol:

It is still premature to think he wouldn't have had a great year. The first two games of the season, one of which were against the Clippers with a brand new roster were bad. But Green, Curry and Looney were all that was left right? Evans? And Looney hasn't even played. Can't he be allowed a small adjustment period?

I still feel averaging 27-30 ppg and hitting the same percentage of his threes he always does was realistic. Win wise they may have pushed for a playoff spot although that's more debatable because there were clear holes in their roster before he went down.
JeepCSC
Starter
And1: 1,491

Post#258 » by JeepCSC » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:04 pm

Are players now sitting because there is no competitive advantage to playing at all this season?
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Post#259 » by Peregrine01 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:11 pm

Crazy how everyone jumps to conclusions even after Bucher himself has walked back his comments.
JeepCSC
Starter
And1: 1,491

Post#260 » by JeepCSC » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:40 pm

He didn’t didnt actually walk anything back as far as I can tell (in regards to the tweets I’ve seen here at least). He said Curry broke his hand last week and is unlikely to return this season. He then said that Curry’s not returning would be due to competitive reasons. That’s not backtracking, that’s doubling down.

Return to The General Board