TGIF: Boy Meets NBA - 11 games, LakersSoul & djsunyc co-prod.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Which games will you follow?

Pistons V Pacers
1%
Kings V Hawks
2%
Raptors V Pelicans
8%
Knicks V Mavs
9%
76ers V Nuggets
21%
Bucks V Jazz
21%
Nets V Blazers
2%
Heats V Lakers
35%

Total votes: 163

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Re: TGIF: Boy Meets NBA - 11 games, LakersSoul & djsunyc co-prod. 

Post#661 » by therealbig3 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:26 pm

Lakers are scary good right now. And they haven’t even reached their final form.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#662 » by LakersSoul » Sat Nov 9, 2019 1:32 pm

Rondo comes back against Toronto too.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
SwatLakeCity527
Rookie
And1: 1,328

Post#663 » by SwatLakeCity527 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:19 pm

Best night of games so far this season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using RealGM mobile app
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,673

Post#664 » by jehosafats » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:31 pm

LAL are not only good, they're hard to beat.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#665 » by tkb » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:31 pm

Went to see Lakers-Heat at Staples last night, and so happy about what the Lakers are doing these days. Great defense, and the LeBron/AD fit is just flawless
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#666 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#667 » by NPZ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:39 pm

Buckets22 wrote:
The Laker Kid wrote:Did KCPrison really airballed a layup?? :banghead:

Well, it was a contested layup and he wanted to pull an Iceman Gerving by rolling it up hiiiigh above the outstretched arm of the shot blocker into the rim but pushed it too hard so it missed the basket.
Still it looked bad but it wasn't a open layup or smt

Do you think the Pistons would like to have KCP back?
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#668 » by NPZ » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:51 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Eh, I've been critical of him, but that's kinda sad that KCP got booed. It's not like he's trying to miss shots. I think players should only get booed for lack of effort and KCP definitely gives that.

You're a Cavs fan, tho. Easy to say from the outside. To me, this feels like having Kwame on the team for multiple seasons. After that long, it just starts to piss you off that you're forced to endure guys like them. Kwame was a joke, and KCP does hustle, but that's all he can do. And it's the LEAST he can do. I remember Kwame finally having a game that was so mindnumbing (vs PHX shortly before he was traded) that he got booed the-F-out-of. The intent was so hostile that if Staples had handed out free stuff that night, those fans would've thrown it onto the court. Kobe gave an eyerolling assessment that the fans were idiots in the same season he was all pissy about the hacks surrounding him on the roster. He was suddenly sticking up for a teammate that he demanded a trade to get away from before the season, but I digress. That was Kobe...

KCP hasn't met that fate yet. We are stuck w/ him contractually in a way we weren't with Kwame in 2008 (he was an expiring as you know). KCP forehead-slappably has a no-trade clause. I don't even know why keeping KCP in the millions is the Lakers' problem. The prevailing notion is that it's at Klutch and Brawn's requests, but I don't know why either of them give a crap. He could find employment on another team in the NBA. Plenty of bad players out there, plenty of dumb FOs. Lakers have made it their cross to bear for some unconfirmed reason. Til Klutch admits it's a demand to keep Brawn happy, we can only assume what the answer really is. Brawn does like having his broz around as YOU know all that well.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
nbhadja
Sixth Man
And1: 1,148

Post#669 » by nbhadja » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:28 pm

NPZ wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Eh, I've been critical of him, but that's kinda sad that KCP got booed. It's not like he's trying to miss shots. I think players should only get booed for lack of effort and KCP definitely gives that.

You're a Cavs fan, tho. Easy to say from the outside. To me, this feels like having Kwame on the team for multiple seasons. After that long, it just starts to piss you off that you're forced to endure guys like them. Kwame was a joke, and KCP does hustle, but that's all he can do. And it's the LEAST he can do. I remember Kwame finally having a game that was so mindnumbing (vs PHX shortly before he was traded) that he got booed the-F-out-of. The intent was so hostile that if Staples had handed out free stuff that night, those fans would've thrown it onto the court. Kobe gave an eyerolling assessment that the fans were idiots in the same season he was all pissy about the hacks surrounding him on the roster. He was suddenly sticking up for a teammate that he demanded a trade to get away from before the season, but I digress. That was Kobe...

KCP hasn't met that fate yet. We are stuck w/ him contractually in a way we weren't with Kwame in 2008 (he was an expiring as you know). KCP forehead-slappably has a no-trade clause. I don't even know why keeping KCP in the millions is the Lakers' problem. The prevailing notion is that it's at Klutch and Brawn's requests, but I don't know why either of them give a crap. He could find employment on another team in the NBA. Plenty of bad players out there, plenty of dumb FOs. Lakers have made it their cross to bear for some unconfirmed reason. Til Klutch admits it's a demand to keep Brawn happy, we can only assume what the answer really is. Brawn does like having his broz around as YOU know all that well.

La should have called Lebron's bluff on KCP and dared him to walk over letting KCP go. No way he would have. I don't know why Lebron wants his "boys" paid so badly. If anything it hurts Lebron's own title chances by overpaying players on his own team just because they are clutch clients like KCP and Tristan Thompson. This is Lebron's weakness as a player along with his desire to play for handpicked yes men coaches that usually suck. La picked a good coach in Vogel. If it were up to Lebron he would have selected Kidd, who sucks. Kidd should have not even been the assistant and I wonder if Lebron played a role in that. If he could just learn to let GM's do their job. Lebron is GOAT, but LeGM sucks! La could have signed an actually decent and helpful player for that money unlike trash KCP. KCP sucks and he is not even at a position of need for La.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,249

Post#670 » by mademan » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:37 pm

LA looks legit on defense. Buy out season gonna be big for them; they really need some depth. I like Howard and Caruso off the bench, but KCP is bleh and I really dont believe in Kuzma

Return to The General Board