LeBron James Has No Plans To Strategically Sit Games This Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James Has No Plans To Strategically Sit Games This Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:45 pm

LeBron James has no plans to sit out games for load management this season.

"If I'm hurt, I don't play. If not, I'm playing," James said after Friday's win by the Los Angeles Lakers over the Miami Heat. "That's what has always been my motto."

The topic of load management has been rampant across the NBA due to Kawhi Leonard sitting out back-to-back games so far this season.

"LeBron's healthy, LeBron'll play. That's all I'll talk about," James said. "I don't talk about nobody else but me."

The Lakers have internally discussed how to find time to rest James.

"Talk to my coaches," James said. "You know how many times me and T-Lue [Tyronn Lue] got into it in Cleveland when he wanted to sit me and I wanted to play.

"I'm healthy, I play. I probably got a good 45 years to not play basketball."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Re: LeBron James Has No Plans To Strategically Sit Games This Season 

Post#2 » by kenwood3333 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:29 pm

The question should be how LeBorn plan to be strategically unhealthy this season
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#3 » by jason bourne » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:44 pm

I think LeBron is calling out the Clippers and Kawhi Leonard because of their load management strategy. They sat Kawhi out against the top rated Bucks in the East and lost the game. Then they played him against the Trail Blazers who are still trying to get their team going and won that game in crunch time. LeBron also made a jab about Kawhi's manhood imho. Kawhi doesn't have chronic knee tendinitis. Several veteran players have it and play through the pain. Not Kawhi and the Clippers. I think fans want to see Clippers owner Steve Ballmer get his comeuppance as he's usually shown laughing when his Clippers are in control and likely to win the game.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,283

Post#4 » by Lunartic » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:52 pm

Sure Bron --when the season is coming to an end and you suddenly have a "minor sprain" I'll make sure to revisit these statements
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#5 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:36 pm

Lunartic wrote:Sure Bron --when the season is coming to an end and you suddenly have a "minor sprain" I'll make sure to revisit these statements

Please tell me how many games LeBron has sat out when the season is coming to an end. I'll be waiting. One of the few players that has played closed to all games in every other season. An irrational comment.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Lunartic » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:57 pm

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
Lunartic wrote:Sure Bron --when the season is coming to an end and you suddenly have a "minor sprain" I'll make sure to revisit these statements

Please tell me how many games LeBron has sat out when the season is coming to an end. I'll be waiting. One of the few players that has played closed to all games in every other season. An irrational comment.

Thanks for waiting buddy

https://www.nba.com/article/2018/04/11/lebron-james-plays-all-82-games-first-time-career

https://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/10/report-lebron-james-sit-out-cleveland-cavaliers-season-finale

The four-time MVP had never played every game in a regular season as he typically sits out games at the end of the year to rest for the playoffs.

He's sat out over 10+ games for rest at the end of seasons, that's not counting him going on a 2week vacation in the middle of the season and other "rest" days.

Such an "irrational comment" right bucko?
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#7 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:21 pm

So though, lebron. Wow.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#8 » by cheese318 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:00 pm

Sometimes meaningless games at the end of the season get off days. But if he plays 70-80 games that’s a win in today’s NBA
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#9 » by cheese318 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:03 pm

Lunartic wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:

Thanks for waiting buddy

https://www.nba.com/article/2018/04/11/lebron-james-plays-all-82-games-first-time-career

https://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/10/report-lebron-james-sit-out-cleveland-cavaliers-season-finale

The four-time MVP had never played every game in a regular season as he typically sits out games at the end of the year to rest for the playoffs.

He's sat out over 10+ games for rest at the end of seasons, that's not counting him going on a 2week vacation in the middle of the season and other "rest" days.

I think you are dumb. Counting 10+ games over a seventeen year career acting like he loafs at the end of the season is a joke. Just admit you are reaching and move on
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Lunartic » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:53 pm

cheese318 wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:

Thanks for waiting buddy

I think you are dumb. Counting 10+ games over a seventeen year career acting like he loafs at the end of the season is a joke. Just admit you are reaching and move on

Read my original post.

I was poking fun at LeBron pretending like he's never missed a game for rest.

The subsequent poster got upset and claimed Bron never would do such a thing.

I provided evidence to support my claim.

I'm not "reaching" anything, I'm making a coherent and accurate post. I suggest you "move on" if this is your contribution.
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#11 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:07 am

Lunartic wrote:
cheese318 wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
Thanks for waiting buddy

Read my original post.

I was poking fun at LeBron pretending like he's never missed a game for rest.

The subsequent poster got upset and claimed Bron never would do such a thing.

I provided evidence to support my claim.

I'm not "reaching" anything, I'm making a coherent and accurate post. I suggest you "move on" if this is your contribution.

I didn't say he would never do anything like that. Learn to read and comprehend. My point was the same cheese318 made. You are reaching and the data highlighted simply shows how miniscule the games missed by LeBron for "Load Management/Rest" are compared to someone like Kawhi. However, you decided to double down on it. Maybe you should take your advice and move on if this is your only contribution.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."

Return to Wiretap Discussion