Rookie Discussion [19/20] [part I]

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who are your top 3 bets for ROTY if Zion sits out season? (RESET)

Brandon Clarke
7%
PJ Washington
3%
Kendrick Nunn
17%
Ja Morant
40%
Darius Garland
1%
Coby White
3%
Rui Hachimura
3%
RJ Barrett
10%
De’Andre Hunter
2%
Tyler Herro
15%

Total votes: 405

Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,624

Re: Rookie Discussion [19/20] [part I] 

Post#1041 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Nov 9, 2019 2:29 am

My guess at rookie teams:

1st:
Ja
RJ
Herro
Rui
Clark

2nd:
Zion
Garland
Hunter
White
Washington
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#1042 » by VCfor3 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:47 am

Roger Murdock wrote:My guess at rookie teams:

1st:
Ja
RJ
Herro
Rui
Clark

2nd:
Zion
Garland
Hunter
White
Washington

I could see Washington or Zion edging Clarke out, but I'd be overjoyed even with a 2nd team bid for him.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#1043 » by Wilber85 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:38 am

Zion hasnt even played a game!!!!!
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#1044 » by MemphisX » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:52 pm

Zion is going to win rookie of the year if he comes back when expected and stays healthy.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
FelixD
Sophomore
And1: 328

Post#1045 » by FelixD » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 am

honestly im not impressed by anyone on this draft besides Morant
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1046 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm

So, KD has given his “Slim Reaper” title to Nic Claxton including his own customized KD12s and DeAndre Jordan has said Claxton has “Bosh-like potential.” in training camp.

Now, Dinwiddie and Kyrie add on with these comments after Claxton made his NBA debut.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
igorbianch
Analyst
And1: 4,321

Post#1047 » by igorbianch » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Paradise wrote:So, KD has given his “Slim Reaper” title to Nic Claxton including his own customized KD12s and DeAndre Jordan has said Claxton has “Bosh-like potential.” in training camp.

Now, Dinwiddie and Kyrie add on with these comments after Claxton made his NBA debut.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Dwinddie with a low key shot at Kyrie. :lol:
N
:lol:
Mrcrockpots
Junior
And1: 172

Post#1048 » by Mrcrockpots » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#1049 » by Roy The Natural » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Paradise wrote:So, KD has given his “Slim Reaper” title to Nic Claxton including his own customized KD12s and DeAndre Jordan has said Claxton has “Bosh-like potential.” in training camp.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Since you watched the game for Portland vs Brooklyn. Nassir Little also made his debut. He made a couple of small mistakes on the defensive end, but overall looked really good. He blocked a jumpshot. Had 2 ferocious dunks.

His stat line ended up being 8 points, 3 rebounds (1 oreb), 1 stl, 1 blk in 18 minutes. As a Brooklyn fan I'd be interested to see what you thought about his play.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,813

Post#1050 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1051 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 am

Roy The Natural wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Since you watched the game for Portland vs Brooklyn. Nassir Little also made his debut. He made a couple of small mistakes on the defensive end, but overall looked really good. He blocked a jumpshot. Had 2 ferocious dunks.

His stat line ended up being 8 points, 3 rebounds (1 oreb), 1 stl, 1 blk in 18 minutes. As a Brooklyn fan I'd be interested to see what you thought about his play.

Little was our consensus pick behind Rui during last season before making the playoffs was realistic. Watching him in Portland looked exactly like what we all thought when we fell to you guys. A steal pick.

Not sure why he isn’t replacing Harkless already. He’s going to grow in the Blazers system culture.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#1052 » by Buzzard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:36 am

I still got my homer Hunter pick in as a sleeper. He had a nice game last night in Portland. Defensively and offensively.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#1053 » by VCfor3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Buzzard wrote:I still got my homer Hunter pick in as a sleeper. He had a nice game last night in Portland. Defensively and offensively.

It'll be hard for him to win I think purely because he isn't flashy, but that doesn't mean he was the wrong pick for you guys at #4 if he plays well.

Cam seems to be having his ups and downs, but I still think that was a decent gamble given where you selected him. Hopefully he gets things figured out.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1054 » by Buzzard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:17 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I still got my homer Hunter pick in as a sleeper. He had a nice game last night in Portland. Defensively and offensively.

It'll be hard for him to win I think purely because he isn't flashy, but that doesn't mean he was the wrong pick for you guys at #4 if he plays well.

Cam seems to be having his ups and downs, but I still think that was a decent gamble given where you selected him. Hopefully he gets things figured out.

Hunter is not flashy but damn him and Reddish are long when watching them on the defensive end. I hope they develop and eventually give the Hawks a top perimeter D in the future.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#1055 » by Wilber85 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Cam Johnson finally getting some minutes, and confidence.

Only rookies I am impressed with so far. Morant, RJ, and Brandon Clarke (I talked bad about him , but hes making me eat my words)

Other than that, I cant be too upset about the Cam Johnson pick. He is something the suns needed. Smart Player, who can shoot.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1056 » by Buzzard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Wilber85 wrote:Cam Johnson finally getting some minutes, and confidence.

Only rookies I am impressed with so far. Morant, RJ, and Brandon Clarke (I talked bad about him , but hes making me eat my words)

Other than that, I cant be too upset about the Cam Johnson pick. He is something the suns needed. Smart Player, who can shoot.

I am impressed with those three along with PJ and Rui. I am also impressed with Hunter and Reddish on the defensive end of the floor. They are both struggling offensively and its way to early to make any judgements.

They said this was a deep class and so far it certainly looks that way.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#1057 » by Roy The Natural » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:31 am

Buzzard wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

Hunter is not flashy but damn him and Reddish are long when watching them on the defensive end. I hope they develop and eventually give the Hawks a top perimeter D in the future.

I know everyone is young, but Reddish was getting destroyed by Simons in the Portland/Atlanta game. Hunter did well though.
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#1058 » by Dacost » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:45 am

Looks like the Grizz are not even gonna play Morant he took a night off on Saturday and only play about 20 minutes today.

Rookie load management might make this ROY closer than expected.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#1059 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:31 am

This class so far kind of looking how I thought it was going to look. I think Brandon Clarke ends up the best from this class not named Zion.

Ja: I still think he ends up being mostly flash than substance.
RJ: Seen his last 4 games and thought he has looked horrible. That jumper/FT is just so bad.
Hunter: Has looked okay I guess. But ya I think many were right when they say they dont see star potential. On ball offense looks so far behind.
Garland/Culver: Just dont see it with either one
Hayes: Looks just like a Mitchell Robinson/Robert Williams freak athlete that makes some highlights and advanced stats love them, but dont get lots of minutes because when you watch them its clear they look lost out there. Big difference is Williams was late 1st round and Robinson was 2nd round, Hayes was 8th overall.
Rui: Has looked good. Maybe he can carve out a Tobias Harris kind of career if he can get that 3pt shot?
Cam: Not much needs to be said here.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think all this draft is going to be all busts. And Im sure there will be a couple late bloomers that will surprise people. I also get its only been 6-10 games and way too early to write off people's careers. This was my thought pre draft, Ive been very vocal that I thought this draft was very weak, so far a few weeks into the season, dont see anything that makes me want to change my mind.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#1060 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I know everyone is young, but Reddish was getting destroyed by Simons in the Portland/Atlanta game. Hunter did well though.

There was one play, in particular, that he turned Reddish into a parking cone. He didn't go by him like he wasn't there, he went by him like he never existed.

But, in fairness, Simons was givin' it to everybody that game. Talented kid and we (the Hawks) defended him poorly.

Overall though, Reddish has been pretty good defensively.
king01 :king:

Return to The General Board