Should the NBA eliminate back-to-back games entirely from the schedule even if it means beginning season in September?

Dan33185
Senior
And1: 940

Re: Should the NBA eliminate back-to-back games entirely from the schedule even if it means beginning season in Septembe 

Post#3 » by Dan33185 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:05 pm

At what point did players become so soft? It's getting ridiculous.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Should the NBA eliminate back-to-back games entirely from the schedule even if it means beginning season in Septembe 

Post#4 » by Barcs » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:50 pm

I really don't understand why this is an issue today, when they have had back to back games for several decades and it didn't pose a problem.

The truth is, it's not a problem for anybody except corporate executives trying to milk it for ratings. It's never been about health or the game itself. It's pure greed and it's ruining many sports.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,190

Post#5 » by kenwood3333 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:47 pm

Just reduce the number of games from 80+ to around 60, problem solved.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#6 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 am

Barcs wrote:I really don't understand why this is an issue today, when they have had back to back games for several decades and it didn't pose a problem.

The truth is, it's not a problem for anybody except corporate executives trying to milk it for ratings. It's never been about health or the game itself. It's pure greed and it's ruining many sports.

The problem is spelt "M-I-L-L-E-N-N-I-A-L"

Thank you Baby Boomers for creating and parenting such a self-absorbed, thin-skinned and non-nonsensical generation. All those participation trophies and hurt feelings from not keeping score sure fixed all the world's problems, case in point, the Millennial generation
Bball_Truth
Junior
And1: 112

Post#8 » by Bball_Truth » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Eliminate back to back for road teams; not for teams playing both games at home.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,062

Post#9 » by Lockdown504090 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Starting the season in septmember means even less time to recover from the previous season. Less time for training camp to get in shape. not being in shape =more fatigue early season. Fatigue leads to injuries. its either less game and less money, or stop training so hard from 4 years old.
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Post#10 » by Vibranium » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:26 am

Hield of Dreams wrote:
Barcs wrote:I really don't understand why this is an issue today, when they have had back to back games for several decades and it didn't pose a problem.

Thank you Baby Boomers for creating and parenting such a self-absorbed, thin-skinned and non-nonsensical generation. All those participation trophies and hurt feelings from not keeping score sure fixed all the world's problems, case in point, the Millennial generation

Ok boomer
Read on Twitter
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#11 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:39 am

VYoungJrIII wrote:
Hield of Dreams wrote:

Ok boomer
Well, considering both my parents are boomers. I wouldn't categorize myself as a boomer. I also blame the boomers for creating and parenting millenials into the thin skinned sensitive sallies that they generally are.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#12 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Don't need to start the games in September; then you're taking away an extra month of preparation time for players / teams.

Just shorten the schedule by ~10 games, and make up for it by adding a play-in tournament for the post-season. Those games will get a ton more viewers than regular season games too.

Nobody likes back-to-backs; we're tired of the injuries and stars sitting out because of it.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
3ptLion
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#13 » by 3ptLion » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am

Facts!

Lockdown504090 wrote:Starting the season in septmember means even less time to recover from the previous season. Less time for training camp to get in shape. not being in shape =more fatigue early season. Fatigue leads to injuries. its either less game and less money, or stop training so hard from 4 years old.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#15 » by Biff Cooper » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:21 pm

I voted no. I'm fine with back to backs if no travel between games (i.e. - two home games, two road games in same arena or two road games in arenas within 30 miles of each other). Have never liked back to backs with a lot of travel between games.

I also don't think eliminating b-2-b will prevent teams from resting players. They have proven that giving some key players a little rest helps the team play better in the playoffs. Back to backs seems more like a convenient place to give rest than anything else. If NBA wants to force teams to play their top players every game, they need to try something else (shortening schedule to make games worth more, reducing the number of playoff spots to make games worth more, or fining teams who rest players). To me, reducing the playoff field seems to make the most sense, but that may give more teams reason to tank and not help that problem.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#16 » by Diggr14 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:02 am

What type of Nancy nonsense is this.

Im sure some of these guys have played 4-6 games a day before probably many times over in their lives. They are in condition and can handle a simple back-to-back with 18-24 hours between games. To imply they cant is ridiculous.

The NBA season is long enough. If anything it should be condensed by a month to 45 days. If they cant play due to injury this is why your squad has 16 guys. If they are just being pussies and want to sit out for "load management" well.. that's on them to explain to their fans and ultimately take the long term repricussions of the load management farce. Eventually fans will get fed up with showing up if their favorite players are gonna sit out because they simply want a day off- because that is exactly what it is.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.

Return to Polls Discussion