Mark Cuban Says Load Management Is 'The Best Thing To Ever Happen To The League'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Mark Cuban Says Load Management Is 'The Best Thing To Ever Happen To The League' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 am

Mark Cuban agreed with the data behind load management, though added that teams need to be savvier of when they rest players. 

"The problem isn't load management ... I think teams have to be smarter about when to load manage. I'm all for load management. Worse than missing a player in a [regular-season] game is missing him in the playoffs," said Cuban.

The issue of load management recently arose with Kawhi Leonard recently sitting out a nationally-televised Clippers game.

The Mavs also rested Kristaps Porzingis last weekend. 

Cuban added that load management is a byproduct of increased investments in biometrics.

"It's all data-driven ... We spend so much money, not just on analytics for predictive reasons, but also for biometrics so we know how smart we can be. The dumb thing would be to ignore the science."

Via ESPN

Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Re: Mark Cuban Says Load Management Is 'The Best Thing To Ever Happen To The League' 

Post#2 » by Chris3323 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Cuban got 1 lucky ring. Stop. you wont win again.

Luca is great, but Cuban will mess that up somehow
boston_fan_ct
Sophomore
And1: 23

Re: Mark Cuban Says Load Management Is 'The Best Thing To Ever Happen To The League' 

Post#3 » by boston_fan_ct » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:30 pm

load management? another reason why i would not purchase tickets to watch a game live. I say if you don't play the stars, then discount the price 75 percent.
TheSpruceLuce
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#4 » by TheSpruceLuce » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:45 pm

To call their win "lucky" is straight up dumb. Well schemed and masterful defensive performance while getting everything out of jason terry you could, your comment is straight up dumb.
boston_fan_ct
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#5 » by boston_fan_ct » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:52 pm

why aren't people mad as hell when they pay 200 dollars for lousy seats and then find out that the Star doesn't even play? am I the only one the thinks that this is BS? man it makes me mad that this jerk thinks that load mgmt. is great. for who?
DoctorDunc
Junior
And1: 45

Post#6 » by DoctorDunc » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Yes, Cuban likes it because he and other owners sell a premium ticket to 10 games a year that should not even be played or should be priced at a discount. It’s consumer fraud.
TheSpruceLuce
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#7 » by TheSpruceLuce » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:37 pm

boston_fan_ct wrote:why aren't people mad as hell when they pay 200 dollars for lousy seats and then find out that the Star doesn't even play? am I the only one the thinks that this is BS? man it makes me mad that this jerk thinks that load mgmt. is great. for who?

I got tickets to what I assumed was Vince's last game in Toronto last year, the cost was more than what it would be as a result, ticket prices will always reflect the market demand, asking for rebates isn't outrageous but if the guy's hurt then do you get money back?
Potsnu
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Potsnu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:39 pm

It's pretty simple. NBA players are getting paid more as a direct result of the TV deals that the NBA signed.

If star players are resting on Nationally televised games and it hurts the broadcaster's TV ratings, they should not be getting paid the same. Period.

They can rest, but they should dock their pay for every game they miss. It's simple business. Why are they getting paid exactly the same for sitting out games? Makes zero sense.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#9 » by jason bourne » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Is Mark Cuban saying Kawhi Leonard is the best thing to ever happen to the league? Load management is for injuries, not resting players. Is he saying Luka or Porzingis get chronic knee pain and become limited? It's really a stupid comment and karma should be dealt to the Mavericks for it.

Fans should demand that star players play when healthy. Otherwise, start tuning out. Quit buying season tickets and buy ticket blocks. Stop watching so much NBA. I've already tuned out MLB because they do not listen to what fans want and starting pitchers are pulled after six or seven innings.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage

Return to Wiretap Discussion