2020 Draft Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,769

2020 Draft Thread 

Post#1 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:57 pm

GSW has their 2020 first round pick (top 20 protected). This is our tanktastic draft watch thread. Yay!
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#2 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#3 » by Phase 3 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Thoughts on Jaden McDaniels?

He’s a 6’9” small forward....very smooth offensive game....the one downside I see is he looks pretty thin. Might get pushed around because of that. The talent looks pretty nice though.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#4 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm all in on Wiseman no matter what. He would keep our window of winning wide open for the long term.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#5 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:57 pm

Wiseman, Anthony, Edwards seem like the top 3 high-upside guys.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#6 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I'm all in on Wiseman no matter what. He would keep our window of winning wide open for the long term.

I don’t think AD or Embiid even looked as good as this kid in college. To say I’m a fan is an understatement. :nod:

Just been ruled inelligible though, has to sit out.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#7 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:24 pm

It just dawned on me (with this being the first time i'd had the chance to ask) with 3 of my favorite draft board posters being Warrior fans, seeing the roster as is with Klay probably out for the season, Steph maybe needing to be all things considered (maybe the consensus is different here) and this being the first in a while where you guys could actually be in the running for the top pick. Which of the top guys would you draft considering this particular draft is more guard heavy than anything else.

I know two of the posters I referenced earlier (Clyde and Duke) aren't that big on Wiseman so who would be the pick with a roster that's already pretty damn solid at the guard position?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I'm all in on Wiseman no matter what. He would keep our window of winning wide open for the long term.

I don’t think AD or Embiid even looked as good as this kid in college. To say I’m a fan is an understatement. :nod:

AD for sure looked better. I don't think I've seen someone control a game and standout so much without a ton of offense the way I saw AD control that national title game. JoJo eventually looked like the consensus number guy barring injury but if we're talking 3 games into JoJo's frosh season then yeah you can make the case that Wiseman has looked better but I don't know if that is saying much.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Post#9 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:34 pm

such a terrible year for us to be bad, not a lot of top tier talent, and the top tier talent is not at positions we need.

don't want Wiseman, Cole or Edwards, and definitely not LaMelo.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,071

Post#10 » by The-Power » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Marcus wrote:I know two of the posters I referenced earlier (Clyde and Duke) aren't that big on Wiseman so who would be the pick with a roster that's already pretty damn solid at the guard position?

I'm firmly on BPA for a variety of reasons. One being that we cannot count on a Rookie to win a title next year anyway. So I'll take the best prospect and hope to strike gold so we can have a smooth transition. What we can get from the young guy next year, or even the year after, should not determine whether we can contend or not.

I'm also among those who believe that Klay can play SF and Curry is an easy fit with another ball handler as well (as long as that player can also play off the ball effectively). So I wouldn't rule any of my top prospects out. Wiseman would be the best fit, I suppose, and that can make a difference when two players are ranked the same on our draft board – but it shouldn't matter in any other situation.

If we fall out of the top 3, I'd be happy to add Isaiah Joe. In the top 3 I currently have Cole Anthony, James Wiseman and Anthony Edwards and I wouldn't change that for the Warriors. The top 3 could obviously change, though. I'll closely follow Théo Maledon and R.J. Hampton – both could possibly make a leap. Tyrese Haliburton as well but I doubt he can leap into the top-tier with his flaws (I really like him, though).

On a side note, I'd also happily take Romeo Weems, Josh Green and Aaron Wiggins as wings on the team – just not with a top pick. Same for Isaac Okoro. I think they could really help us if we draft towards the end of the lottery but the talent discrepancy is just too large to draft them with a high lottery pick for reasons of fit.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:17 pm

are you guys onboard with keeping D'Angelo?
Watch More Basketball

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#12 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Completely on board with BPA. Whoever has the best chance at All-NBA.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#13 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Marcus wrote:are you guys onboard with keeping D'Angelo?

I'm on board with giving him a year and seeing how he looks. Right now I anticpiate wanting to trade him. But I"m willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#14 » by xdrta+ » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 pm

floppymoose wrote:

I'm on board with giving him a year and seeing how he looks. Right now I anticpiate wanting to trade him. But I"m willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong.

I'd like to see him play with Steph and Klay for a while, whether this year or next.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 pm

Marcus wrote:
Coxy wrote:

AD for sure looked better. I don't think I've seen someone control a game and standout so much without a ton of offense the way I saw AD control that national title game. JoJo eventually looked like the consensus number guy barring injury but if we're talking 3 games into JoJo's frosh season then yeah you can make the case that Wiseman has looked better but I don't know if that is saying much.

I think I should clarify my thoughts here. In terms of just an athletic specimen, with size, shape, bounce, length, style, touch, hand eye co-ord, stroke, motor, just the tools and the phsical gifts he has at this point, are as good as I've seen in a long long time in a big man. He hasn't had the exposure to show anywhere near the in-game smarts and abilities to be as good as Joel and AD, that's for sure, I'm just talking about the tools at this stage.

For every AD, there is also a Javale, so yes I see your point.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 am

clyde21 wrote:such a terrible year for us to be bad, not a lot of top tier talent, and the top tier talent is not at positions we need.

Why would you not want any of these guys? What do you see in Wiseman that the rest of the world is missing in terms of potential?
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#17 » by Bayside » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:18 am

Its really about accumulating assets. This team is bare despite being at hard cap. We have a few good to great players in their 30's that aren't playing to give us this opportunity. A brand new arena with team that would lose to cohen area teams isn't what the owner had in mind, I HOPE. The next year will tell what this group is. We need the best pick we can get, with best player available. In trades they need to trade for best player not the other way around as many have said. There is nothing but holes on the starters and bench. This team wont do much even with the guys back and healthy. There are no big guys, no defensive stalwarts, No 3's. And honestly who knows about the bench. they are all over the show with the opportunities given to them right now. Any given game. We need defense bad. WCS that guy is scared of contact and once pushed out he isnt coming in for another shot. Looney is a good back up. With durant the 5 was the filler. Right now, mmmm. If no 5's and then 3's are on the block. And its a 4. you do package green up with DLO and go for it.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 am

xdrta+ wrote:
floppymoose wrote:

I'd like to see him play with Steph and Klay for a while, whether this year or next.

yeah always felt like that trio could be really good if given some time to gel.
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM

Post#19 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:25 am

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:such a terrible year for us to be bad, not a lot of top tier talent, and the top tier talent is not at positions we need.

Why would you not want any of these guys? What do you see in Wiseman that the rest of the world is missing in terms of potential?

i mean, he's a top10 guy, but he's not really a special big, not elite defensively and isn't gonna create on his own much...why do we want a big that we need to run plays specifically for to get him involved? what does that do for our offense? '

he's Deandre Ayton with less athleticism...sorry, I'd rather have the wing or combo forward.

as for Cole...well, pretty obvious why I don't want him considering we already have Steph at PG, Anthony Edwards is kind of a bigger CJ, best position for him is the 2 and again, we have Klay there.

id rather trade down and grab extra picks than take any of those 3 guys.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#20 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:26 am

he needs to be the F off this team as soon as the clock hits 12 midnight December 15th

Return to Golden State Warriors