ImageImageImage

Celtics Re-sign Brad Wanamaker to 1 yr Deal (2019)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bostonic33
Sophomore
And1: 262

Re: Celtics Re-sign Brad Wanamaker to 1 yr Deal 

Post#81 » by Bostonic33 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:33 pm

31to6 wrote:
Bostonic33 wrote:
Parasite wrote:Wanamaker is a fine player. Not sure why some people pull their hair out over him. I mean, he’s no rotational player on a championship squad, but he can give you adequate minutes in the RS.

Respectfully disagree. Philly would literally kill to have Wanamaker on their roster right now. He is cheap, can defend, make shots and run the team for a bit.

I’m respectfully not sure you’re familiar with the definition of literal?

And I'm respectfully not sure you're familiar with the definition of inconsequential?
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,940

Post#82 » by Parliament10 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Bostonic33 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Bostonic33 wrote:
Respectfully disagree. Philly would literally kill to have Wanamaker on their roster right now. He is cheap, can defend, make shots and run the team for a bit.

And I'm respectfully not sure you're familiar with the definition of inconsequential?

I'm sure we all Know how to Be Respectful.
Right?

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#83 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:48 pm

31to6 wrote:
Bostonic33 wrote:
Parasite wrote:Wanamaker is a fine player. Not sure why some people pull their hair out over him. I mean, he’s no rotational player on a championship squad, but he can give you adequate minutes in the RS.

Perhaps you're not familiar with Philadelphia. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,231

Post#84 » by Parasite » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:54 pm

Bostonic33 wrote:

I said championship squad.
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#85 » by Kids Are Alright » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Turgon wrote:Wanamaker will always be a Larkin wannabe.

Brad’s nothing like Shane.
Wanamaker is a tough defender, can match up
with bigger guys, is a paint scorer, isn’t nearly the assist player that Larkin was.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#86 » by GregB » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Kids Are Alright wrote:
Turgon wrote:Wanamaker will always be a Larkin wannabe.

Brad’s nothing like Shane.
Wanamaker is a tough defender, can match up
with bigger guys, is a paint scorer, isn’t nearly the assist player that Larkin was.

Wanamaker is ok. He was stinking up the joint for a stretch last night. Bad turnovers and tunnel vision. But he’s not so bad. Been a decent bench player and adds some consistency that Carson Edwards doesn’t right now.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#87 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:36 am

Read on Twitter
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#88 » by GoGreen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:07 am

Been critical of Wana but he's been decent of late. Props to 'em.
timpiker
Senior
And1: 428

Post#89 » by timpiker » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:06 pm

I was wrong. I thought this guy should have been cut but his play, especially recently, wow. He might be the best bench point gaurd we've had in awhile.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,322

Post#90 » by Gant » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Read on Twitter
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#91 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Gant wrote:
Read on Twitter

Inject this directly into my veins.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#92 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Wanamaker's as good as Malcolm Brogdon could only hope to be. Pacers are paying $20M a year more for a Wana knockoff.
ozgod
Junior
And1: 300

Post#93 » by ozgod » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:34 am

I think tonight was Wanamaker's best game as a Celtic. The first half anyway. I think as he's realized that he's now a part of the rotation as the backup point guard to Smart and Kemba and is going to get some minutes each game he has grown in confidence and makes better decisions. Still a long way to go but tonight was promising.
Be nice to me, I am new :D
Any weird typos are probably because I suck at typing on an iPhone :oops:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#94 » by djFan71 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:52 am

ozgod wrote:I think tonight was Wanamaker's best game as a Celtic. The first half anyway. I think as he's realized that he's now a part of the rotation as the backup point guard to Smart and Kemba and is going to get some minutes each game he has grown in confidence and makes better decisions. Still a long way to go but tonight was promising.

Agreed. A slight decrease in turnovers/usage/ball pounding and he's perfect. But super helpful as is. It's nice to have his size/D coming off the bench when Smart has to start.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#95 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:04 am

Wanamaker is currently a member of the elite 50-40-90 club (51.7/40.0/93.1). 3rd in free throw attempts per 36 minutes on the team behind Kanter and Kemba.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#96 » by sam_I_am » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:13 pm

ozgod wrote:I think tonight was Wanamaker's best game as a Celtic. The first half anyway. I think as he's realized that he's now a part of the rotation as the backup point guard to Smart and Kemba and is going to get some minutes each game he has grown in confidence and makes better decisions. Still a long way to go but tonight was promising.

There are times when Wannamaker will frustrate us because his talent level was fringe NBA until this season. It’s unfair to judge him too harshly when a guy like Beverly strips him of the ball or if on a drive into paint he can’t finish and looks bad.

He is our 3rd string PG on a minimum deal and he is absolutely outplaying expectations. He is a true PG, has shown veteran leadership but most importantly he has the “grit and balls” make up this team needs.

I am so sick of the haters. As much as I would love to see Waters and Edwards play more and develop, they aren’t ready and they aren’t nearly as big and tough as Brad. Brad has forced his way into the rotation and team is much better off because of it.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,941

Post#97 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:18 pm

sam_I_am wrote:

There are times when Wannamaker will frustrate us because his talent level was fringe NBA until this season. It’s unfair to judge him too harshly when a guy like Beverly strips him of the ball or if on a drive into paint he can’t finish and looks bad.

He is our 3rd string PG on a minimum deal and he is absolutely outplaying expectations. He is a true PG, has shown veteran leadership but most importantly he has the “grit and balls” make up this team needs.

I am so sick of the haters. As much as I would love to see Waters and Edwards play more and develop, they aren’t ready and they aren’t nearly as big and tough as Brad. Brad has forced his way into the rotation and team is much better off because of it.

And his defense is really good.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Brad Wanamaker Thread 

Post#98 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:58 am

Wanamaker is shooting 59/40/90 in the seeding games, leads the team in +/- per game, and is 2nd in assist-to-turnover ratio and true shooting % among rotation players behind Timelord. Ease up on the hate. Sorry guys, we'll be seeing more of him in the playoffs. ;)

The two Brads with a message:
Spoiler:

Team for the most part has done a good job putting the ball in Smart or Hayward's hands when either/both are playing with Wanamaker as he is best utilized as a spot-up shooter or a driver off kickouts on the weakside.
MambaForever
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#99 » by MambaForever » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:18 am

He’s just a solid contributor whenever his names called. Extremely efficient, Danny’s done a great job of scouting the euro leagues. I’d really like to see Danny take a shot on Anthony Randolph in a similar way.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#100 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Wanamaker is what he is. Good enough to be on a roster for sure. Solid enough as a 9th/10th man, Any higher a role and it's pushing it. But that's fine value for a vet min deal. It's as much as you realistically hope for.

Return to Boston Celtics