The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#1441 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1442 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Just tell him to shoot elbow jumpers like tim duncan used to do. Tell him it's just like passing the ball to the corners of the square in the backboard.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 829

Post#1443 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:13 pm

I think it's time to get Simmons out of the PG role and into another one, and get Trey Burke and Raul Neto a whole lot more playing time at PG.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#1444 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:I think it's time to get Simmons out of the PG role and into another one

The only role Ben is good for is a smallball C role.

With Joel Embiid and Al Horford already on the roster, we have no significant C role for him to play. He doesn't fit anywhere.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 829

Post#1445 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:I think it's time to get Simmons out of the PG role and into another one

With how much Embiid appears to be laboring, that might be quite the spot for Simmons. Get him 25 minutes a game there and more when Embiid doesn't play.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#1446 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Those who say Ben can’t force a PG defend him at the post should watch the Cavs game.

I think Ben posted Garland, Sexton and Brandon Knight this game.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#1447 » by Eyeamok » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

With how much Embiid appears to be laboring, that might be quite the spot for Simmons. Get him 25 minutes a game there and more when Embiid doesn't play.

Ben played a lot of center with the 2nd unit yesterday. And looked good.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#1448 » by bball4life » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:13 pm

Would it kill him or Brett Brown to ask of him to take one single face up jump shot a game? Just one? Doesn't need to be a 3, just a jump shot that isn't initiated by a bad post up move that turns into an awful fadeaway? Just one of those a game would probably make me feel like this isn't ground hog day. I haven't watched every single minute of each game but I'm pretty sure he hasn't taken one of these yet THIS SEASON.

A second Christmas present would be if he actually tried to go through the defender at the rim instead of constantly avoiding contact at all costs. Again, I don't care if he shoots 50% on his FTs. Just stop with the unnatural act finger rolls and jump hooks to make sure no one touches you.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,803

Post#1449 » by Mik317 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Embiid has begun to the subtweet attempt at making Ben shoot.

going to be interesting to see how this plays out
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#1450 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Mik317 wrote:Embiid has begun to the subtweet attempt at making Ben shoot.

I'm fine with applying a little pressure. Sometimes it takes getting pushed off the diving board to break the fear.

Ben's had it EASY as far as local media turning their heads away from such a sensitive storyline and it's been fine as long we've been winning. We're now underperforming and he's averaging career lows in nearly every statistical category. The man just got maxed and its totally incumbent on him to back up his own statements about his willingness to shoot this season.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1451 » by Ayman78 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Would you folks be open to trading Ben Simmons for Zach Lavine? If so what would you ask for in addition to Lavine?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,116

Post#1452 » by eyeatoma » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Subtweet? What do you mean, do you have a link?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#1453 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Ayman78 wrote:Would you folks be open to trading Ben Simmons for Zach Lavine? If so what would you ask for in addition to Lavine?

The rational ones wouldn't consider it. But there's quite a few that would.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,259

Post#1454 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Seems like he's a little more than subtweeting now

Center Joel Embiid was recently asked if the team encourages Simmons to shoot the ball more, and his answer was pretty crystal clear.

“Yeah of course, everybody does. We have been encouraging him since he has been here, but you u know, that is him. He is comfortable playing certain ways. For us to win we are going to need him to shoot, but you know I am fine with him playing his game, not forcing anything. But hopefully, at some point. I am sure he is going to pick it up,” Embiid said. “But he is fine, he is doing a great job of being a point guard, not forcing anything. So I am fine letting him grow into himself and not force anything. I mean, I know a lot of people want him to shoot, shoot, shoot, but if he is not comfortable, he shouldn’t do it. We have a lot of scorers on the team, so we are going to figure it out.”

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/embiid-ben-simmons-needs-shoot-sixers-win

I feel like this could blow up if they wash out in the playoffs and Simmons is gun shy, could be one of those "it's either him or me" moments.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,815

Post#1455 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:59 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Seems like he's a little more than subtweeting now

Center Joel Embiid was recently asked if the team encourages Simmons to shoot the ball more, and his answer was pretty crystal clear.

“Yeah of course, everybody does. We have been encouraging him since he has been here, but you u know, that is him. He is comfortable playing certain ways. For us to win we are going to need him to shoot, but you know I am fine with him playing his game, not forcing anything. But hopefully, at some point. I am sure he is going to pick it up,” Embiid said. “But he is fine, he is doing a great job of being a point guard, not forcing anything. So I am fine letting him grow into himself and not force anything. I mean, I know a lot of people want him to shoot, shoot, shoot, but if he is not comfortable, he shouldn’t do it. We have a lot of scorers on the team, so we are going to figure it out.”

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/embiid-ben-simmons-needs-shoot-sixers-win

I feel like this could blow up if they wash out in the playoffs and Simmons is gun shy, could be one of those "it's either him or me" moments.

Good on Embiid. Enough with the babying of this max contract player. Put up or GTFO.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1456 » by Ayman78 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:00 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Ayman78 wrote:Would you folks be open to trading Ben Simmons for Zach Lavine? If so what would you ask for in addition to Lavine?

The only rational for 76ers is that they need a player who can be a legit number 2 scorer to play off Joel Embied. The better options for the 76ers for Simmons would be either D'Angelo Russell or Bradley Beal would likely to be a straight up player for player swope. Whereas the Bulls would likely have to include additional assets to make up a rational trade offer. Plus if you look at the numbers Lavine, Beal and Russell have similar offensive stat lines.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1457 » by Kobblehead » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:15 pm

Good for Embiid. Ben Simmons needs to piss or get off the pot in terms of his tenure in Philadelphia.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#1458 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Ayman78 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

The only rational for 76ers is that they need a player who can be a legit number 2 scorer to play off Joel Embied. The better options for the 76ers for Simmons would be either D'Angelo Russell or Bradley Beal would likely to be a straight up player for player swope. Whereas the Bulls would likely have to include additional assets to make up a rational trade offer. Plus if you look at the numbers Lavine, Beal and Russell have similar offensive stat lines.

Trading Simmons for any of those guys lowers the ceiling of the team. Beal probably makes you immediately a little better, Russell about the same (just different), and LaVine makes you worse. Ben's just gotta shoot the damn ball. Only way he gets moved is if a legit star wants out.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1459 » by Kobblehead » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:32 pm

Of course we'd be open to trading our 3rd best C for someone that can optimize the other talent we have in place and raise our team ceiling instead of staying on our current trajectory of gradually marching to a 2nd round exit by way of not being able to score in the halfcourt!
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,677

Post#1460 » by stormi » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Good god no.

But this board is filled with ShOoTiG memeheads. Zach is a good scorer, but his iq is suspect and he's a chucker. The only moves I'm interested in is a Tobias Harris trade on December 15th for Beal (most desirable) or McCollum (less desirable, but still a deal I do rather quickly)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers