ImageImage

Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,676

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1521 » by msiris » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:10 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:tonignt should be fun.. bucks fans on one side and the brogdon fans and all the other fans on the other side
BS. I am only a Bucks fan. I just think that Brogdon was just as good as Middleton last year. I do not root for other teams.
Ride the tank
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1522 » by 4xBuck » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:21 am

3PT Shooting 2019/20:

Player A: 32%
Player B: 31%

Spoiler:
A: Freak!
B: Brogy!

:lol:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#1523 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 pm

4xBuck wrote:3PT Shooting 2019/20:

Player A: 32%
Player B: 31%

Spoiler:
A: Freak!
B: Brogy!

:lol:

Interesting to look at his stats. The decreased 3pt percentage isn't necessarily due to massively increased volume. Brogdon is at 4.3 attempts per game, versus 3.8 last year with Milwaukee.

Nonetheless, his FT% is an amazing 98% on higher volume there (4.1 Attempts v 2.4 last year)

He's a really, really good player. The issue was and continues to be the durability factor.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1524 » by 4xBuck » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Interesting to look at his stats. The decreased 3pt percentage isn't necessarily due to massively increased volume. Brogdon is at 4.3 attempts per game, versus 3.8 last year with Milwaukee.

Nonetheless, his FT% is an amazing 98% on higher volume there (4.1 Attempts v 2.4 last year)

He's a really, really good player. The issue was and continues to be the durability factor.

Obviously, Brogdon's percentage is going to go up. We'll see where it ends up.

If he's creating his looks, his percentage will be down. Because his setup is slow and release low, he's better with catch and shoot on open looks. Which was great with the Bucks with Giannis and Bledsoe creating open looks. If his looks are tighter because he has the ball more, that's something he's going to have to adjust to.

He's also good at driving to the basket, so you'd think he'd do that more if the defense is tighter. He's probably doing that and then kicking it out to open shooters himself now helping creating those higher assists.

All in all, I liked him like all Buck fans did. I'm over him because I've bought into the thought he's now anti Bucks/Milwaukee. I don't know if Brock's latest comments mean anything, Brock is real quirky that way. Regardless, he's come off as standoffish to me about his time in Milwaukee. I say good riddance.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1525 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:22 pm

Brog is getting the same amount of wide open 3s (3.1/gm) as last year but his % has plummeted from 45% to 24%. Will be interesting to see if that number improves.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#1526 » by crkone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Brogdon's more than doubled his frequency of pull-up 3s taken, 2.4 a game as opposed to 0.9 last season. He's almost equaled half of last years number of pull-up 3 attempts already. He went 27.5%, 48.7%, 26.7%, and now 27.6% on pullup 3s the past 4 seasons so he's pretty much in-line with his career numbers on pull-ups besides that aberration in his sophomore season.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#1527 » by emunney » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:43 pm

crkone wrote:Brogdon's more than doubled his frequency of pull-up 3s taken, 2.4 a game as opposed to 0.9 last season. He's almost equaled half of last years number of pull-up 3 attempts already. He went 27.5%, 48.7%, 26.7%, and now 27.6% on pullup 3s the past 4 seasons so he's pretty much in-line with his career numbers on pull-ups besides that aberration in his sophomore season.

Had a feeling there was a difference in the nature of the shots orthogonal to the 'openness'.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM

Post#1528 » by crkone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:51 pm

emunney wrote:
crkone wrote:Brogdon's more than doubled his frequency of pull-up 3s taken, 2.4 a game as opposed to 0.9 last season. He's almost equaled half of last years number of pull-up 3 attempts already. He went 27.5%, 48.7%, 26.7%, and now 27.6% on pullup 3s the past 4 seasons so he's pretty much in-line with his career numbers on pull-ups besides that aberration in his sophomore season.

Had a feeling there was a difference in the nature of the shots orthogonal to the 'openness'.

His catch and shoot numbers are down too. Only shooting 34.8% from 3 this season. Shot 44.6%, 35.3%, and 47.5% the past 3 seasons, and he is at the lowest attempts per game in his career on catch and shoot shots because he's got the ball in his hands all the time.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM

Post#1529 » by emunney » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Too bad we can't get a crosstab with openness and shot type. Could be the pull ups are open and the catch and shoots are more covered than in the past. Knowing Brogdon, seems like they're probably mostly all open, and the number of catch and shoot attempts is just very low so far.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1530 » by crkone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 pm

emunney wrote:Too bad we can't get a crosstab with openness and shot type. Could be the pull ups are open and the catch and shoots are more covered than in the past. Knowing Brogdon, seems like they're probably mostly all open, and the number of catch and shoot attempts is just very low so far.

Don't worry about tightly covered shots with Brogdon since he has only taken one 3 this season with a defender within 4 feet of him.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#1531 » by skones » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Brogdon is taking threes off the bounce this year. That's the difference and it's a big one. It was also one of my worries with Brogdon in a bigger role.

18-19:
0 Dribble Threes: 24.6% frequency
3 Dribbles or More: 5.4% frequency

19-20:
0 Dribble Threes: 12.8% frequency
3 Dribbles or More: 12.8% frequency
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1532 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:01 pm

How many tightly contested 3's do you typically want your point guard to take?
emunney
RealGM

Post#1533 » by emunney » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:04 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:How many tightly contested 3's do you typically want your point guard to take?

I want my PG to be able to make that shot, the same way we want Middleton to be able to make it. Tightly contested shots win tightly contested games.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#1534 » by tski1972 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:50 pm

any reason to believe this?

Read on Twitter
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#1535 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:57 pm

tski1972 wrote:any reason to believe this?

Read on Twitter

No real reason to believe it, but it comes off as totally plausible. Guys care a lot about that stuff, and sometimes it's hard to blame them. As long as teams hand out huge contracts on the limited knowledge they have of players, you can't blame players for manipulating the data. Especially in Brogdon's case, because he knows it might be the only big free agent contract he ever gets, considering his injury history. I still maintain that the fused bone in his foot is a ticking time bomb.

On that note, let's not forget that the injury history in and of itself is reason enough for caution before returning, regardless of whether the insinuation above has any merit.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#1536 » by skones » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm

I believe that that guy heard what he heard, I don't know if he milked an injury. Plantar fasciitis is a bitch in and of itself. I can't imagine having a legitimate tear in your plantar fascia. With that being said, there was a reason I surmised that Brogdon was the one who wanted out when Gery reported it. He never seemed fully "in," with the other guys, but that may have just be his personality. All business.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#1537 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm

I just don't understand why we need to try and rationalize this stuff to that degree. Fans always seem to get way more emotional over this than players ever do. I highly doubt there was anything nefarious about the nature of Brogdon's injury and subsequent timetable, and the team clearly hasn't skipped a beat this year without him, nor did they particularly miss him when he was out last season. He played in the ECF and was fine, not great and not terrible, just like every other guy on the roster not named George Hill.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1538 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm

That Lamont guy always claims to have insider knowledge but unless I missed it, I don’t believe he’s ever been right. The Woelfel of Bucks fan twitter.
Do it for Chuck
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#1539 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm

We all know Indy has played an easy schedule, and it was almost insanely easy before Brogdon got hurt. But even though the opposition has been bad, it occurred to me that it was also important to consider the opposing pg's and their defense for context on Brogdon's stats. I'm leaving Houston out, since he only played 9 minutes.

Pistons (3 games)
Reggie Jackson
Tim Frazier
Bruce Brown
Derrick Rose
Langston Galloway

Cavs (2 games)
Collin Sexton
Matthew Dellavedova
Jordan Clarkson

OKC
Chris Paul
Dennis Schroder

Magic
Augustine
Fultz
MCW

Bulls
Satoransky
Kris Dunn

Nets
Kyrie
Dinwiddie

Wizards
Isaiah Thomas
Ish Smith

Hornets
Terry Rozier (44 minutes)

Not gonna pretend I know who actually guarded him all game, but it's probably safe to assume he spent most of his time being guarded by one of the above-named players. Overall, that list is absolutely abysmal for defense, even by today's low standards for PG defense. Even CP3 and Dellavedova aren't much good on defense anymore, and most of the others never were.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#1540 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I just don't understand why we need to try and rationalize this stuff to that degree.

perhaps because our fans, opposing fans and national media continue to roast us over this move?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks