ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 15: Los Angeles Lakers (12-2) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (5-9) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Re: Game 15: Los Angeles Lakers (12-2) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (5-9) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#221 » by SashAlex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:48 am

thebigbird wrote:
SashAlex wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Two wins

Two wins that could've gotten either way instead of comfortably beating them. Not hating on LBJ. I'm just worried about his mental issues with FTs and crunch time.

He does his ball stopping isolations a lot in close fourth quarters. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'd like to see him change but he's been this way for years so he probably won't.

He's not the same LeBron from even 2, 3 years ago. He must stop doing that. Otherwise I won't build any high hopes for a deep playoff run. The offense should be unpredictable. Do it once, maybe twice, ok. But not for the last 3 minutes without getting buckets.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Game 15: Los Angeles Lakers (12-2) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (5-9) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#222 » by kblo247 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:49 am

Kilroy wrote:The bad coaching decisions from my perspective were sitting AD too long when LeBron was in, and then taking LeBron out with like 6min left to rest him like a minute...

Other than that, the bad decisions were Rondo's and LeBrons.

Vogle rests him with the mandatory TV timeout in the fourth. It is like a minute or two of game time but 5 or more of real time
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#223 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:51 am

kblo247 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:I'm really hating the "prevent offense" of Bron and 4 guys in the corners. This isn't going to close out close playoff games. Why can't we play our offense to the end? Bron isolation is really painful to watch.

The LAkers with Kobe used to do that even with Shaq on the court. spread Shaq/Pau, Horry/Lamar, Fish, and Foz/Ariza/MEtta out and let Kobe run the clock down and get a shot. IT got them 7 finals trips and 5 rings. Bron did it in cleveland and Miami and got 9 finals trips out of it and 3 rings.

So what? Are you saying you want to see what we just saw in close games as the norm? You have other players who can get their own shots. The pick and roll with Davis and motion on the back side with a shooter sliding top to the corner puts so much more pressure on a defense than what we just did.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#224 » by kblo247 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:53 am

Landsberger wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:I'm really hating the "prevent offense" of Bron and 4 guys in the corners. This isn't going to close out close playoff games. Why can't we play our offense to the end? Bron isolation is really painful to watch.

The LAkers with Kobe used to do that even with Shaq on the court. spread Shaq/Pau, Horry/Lamar, Fish, and Foz/Ariza/MEtta out and let Kobe run the clock down and get a shot. IT got them 7 finals trips and 5 rings. Bron did it in cleveland and Miami and got 9 finals trips out of it and 3 rings.

So what? Are you saying you want to see what we just saw in close games as the norm? You have other players who can get their own shots. The pick and roll with Davis and motion on the back side with a shooter sliding top to the corner puts so much more pressure on a defense than what we just did.

So what? So what is it works. **** how it looks, it works. Just because MAgic didn't do it, or the Warriors didn't do it with Steph/KD doesn't change the fact it works It was what made the LAkers successful their whole tenure in Staples under Kobe/Phil. It is what the Bulls did in Chicago with Phil. And it is what Bron has did for every finals trip. You go with what works, not what looks good.

Scoreboard tonight says W too
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#225 » by iamworthy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:54 am

This team is incredibly talented with Lebron and AD running the show. We are going to beat teams on talent alone. Im looking forward to Dec 3 when we play the Nuggets, another western conference expected powerhouse.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#226 » by kblo247 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:55 am

iamworthy wrote:This team is incredibly talented with Lebron and AD running the show. We are going to beat teams on talent alone. Im looking forward to Dec 3 when we play the Nuggets, another western conference expected powerhouse.

I never know how we will start there but Faried isn't there to punk them so it is good.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#227 » by bb22 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:57 am

kblo247 wrote:

Ya. It really IS what wins you close playoff games, and the difference between good reg season teams and championship teams. Bron didn't execute down the stretch tonight, but I still feel safer with the ball in his hands out there than anyone else (maybe AD if he's being ultra aggressive). I think the closing plays when it counts will end up being Bron milking the clock and then running an AD pnr with shooters spread out.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#228 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:58 am

kblo247 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
kblo247 wrote:The LAkers with Kobe used to do that even with Shaq on the court. spread Shaq/Pau, Horry/Lamar, Fish, and Foz/Ariza/MEtta out and let Kobe run the clock down and get a shot. IT got them 7 finals trips and 5 rings. Bron did it in cleveland and Miami and got 9 finals trips out of it and 3 rings.

So what? So what is it works. **** how it looks, it works. Just because MAgic didn't do it, or the Warriors didn't do it with Steph/KD doesn't change the fact it works It was what made the LAkers successful their whole tenure in Staples under Kobe/Phil. It is what the Bulls did in Chicago with Phil. And it is what Bron has did for every finals trip. You go with what works, not what looks good.

Scoreboard tonight says W too

LeBron isn't going to close out the top teams in the West anymore in pure isolation. This offense leaves no chance at an offensive rebound, tip or even good defensive transition if he misses. With this talent we could be much better. In the end I couldn't really care less what any team did anywhere else... just couldn't. It has no relevance what so ever.

We won late in several playoff games in our last championship run with shots by Fisher and Metta.... not Kobe btw.... If Fisher hadn't had a huge final 2 minutes in Boston we might not have won that series. Kobe was trash offensively in game 7 and Metta closed it for us.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#229 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:00 am

Solid win. Lets keep progressing and learning about our rotations
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#230 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:07 am

kblo247 wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:I have to say, some horrific coaching decisions down the stretch. Every time ad was going to the line w under 30 seconds left u sub in Dwight for potential offensive rebound and to play defense. Also, if we are up 3 and they have the ball with 8 seconds to go, you foul them! Send them to the line. It’s better than letting them make an easy 2, let alone what if they got open for a 3??? I thought Vogel was good but it could be sheer talent of our two main guys and overall Good fit of roster covering his stupidity

Dwight missed free throws. And Kuzma had just as easily protected the rim as Dwight and Javale out there. In fact Kuzma forced that damn should have been a turnover with the pass to himself on the switch with PAul that the refs blew.

And you don't foul with CP3 dribbling the ball, he will go up with you and get the benefit of that whistle majority of the time. IT is better to do what they did over and over, concede the 2 than try to grab Chris Paul to stop a 3

You sub offense and defense. Dwight goes out for offense. He is in there for d and rebounding
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#231 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:30 am

iamworthy wrote:This team is incredibly talented with Lebron and AD running the show. We are going to beat teams on talent alone. Im looking forward to Dec 3 when we play the Nuggets, another western conference expected powerhouse.

Giving up 123 to OKC isn’t good enough D to beat Denver. Better get that back down below 100 before bad habits start to persist. Bradley is sorely missed.

I’d rather see Caruso start than KCP. I’d bet he’d do even better.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#232 » by TKainZero » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:31 am

Rondo with a dumb dumb move.
Lakers survive

W’s is all that matters. Survive
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#233 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:34 am

Our only enemy to defeat is injury.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#234 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:46 am

Beethoven wrote:Our only enemy to defeat is injury.

I think the next couple weeks will be a real test. I think things are going really well so far. But there def are some flaws, and we'll play some teams that can make you pay big time. Our defense will be our savior....but we gotta keep that intensity. Already 15 games in, your starting to see it wane. I'm hoping we turn in back on....but if we don't, we'll see a few L's coming up.
General Manager

Post#235 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:30 am

Dr Aki wrote:
Showtime:Part2 wrote:I have to say, some horrific coaching decisions down the stretch. Every time ad was going to the line w under 30 seconds left u sub in Dwight for potential offensive rebound and to play defense. Also, if we are up 3 and they have the ball with 8 seconds to go, you foul them! Send them to the line. It’s better than letting them make an easy 2, let alone what if they got open for a 3??? I thought Vogel was good but it could be sheer talent of our two main guys and overall Good fit of roster covering his stupidity

i thought it was obvious they were giving up the drive to prevent open 3s

also, fouling extends the game, lakers forced precious seconds off the clock on those drives

There were 8 seconds left. I will concede I forgot thunder had no timeouts left, so seconds off the clock prob better. But then u still run risk of them somehow getting open for a 3. Just have to eliminate that risk
Warspite:

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#236 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:56 am

This is why defense needs to be consistent. Giving up 123 points spells multiple losses against the teams coming up.

Never thought I’d say it but I miss Bradley.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#237 » by TylersLakers » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:11 am

I'm not worried about the defense in the slightest. At this stage of the season, it's just about stacking W's. W's mean the same in November as they do in March.

Keep on getting W's. I trust this coaching staff to figure out the minor things. We don't have Luke and his frat boy friends anymore.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#238 » by BEazy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 am

I honestly think Vogel is doing a good job. I mean, we could've had the troll doll Tyronn Lue as our coach. So I think we should be happy with what we have.

I also think we need some more scoring off the bench. That's going to be key in the playoffs.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#239 » by Spanish_Laker » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Good win, there will be games like today where the other team is very hot and drops 120+ on you. It is important to have great offensive firepower to counter that, and we have it. Keep stacking Ws fellas.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
General Manager

Post#240 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:15 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I honestly think Vogel is doing a good job. I mean, we could've had the troll doll Tyronn Lue as our coach. So I think we should be happy with what we have.

I also think we need some more scoring off the bench. That's going to be key in the playoffs.

There is no question he is miles ahead of Luke and Tyrone poo
Warspite:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers