ImageImageImage

So who said "No!" Jimmy, Elton or Brett

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Re: So who said "No!" Jimmy, Elton or Brett 

Post#21 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:25 am

It’s not Horford vs Jimmy or Jimmy vs Tobias.

The way to look at it is this..

Horford makes Ben and Tobias better players.
- Horford forces smaller defenders on Ben and Tobi and gives us to have atleast 4 spacers at all times on the floor.

Butler makes Ben and Tobias into worse players.
- Butler reduces Ben into the dunker spot and Tobi into a mere floor spacer.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#22 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:58 pm

76ciology wrote:It’s not Horford vs Jimmy or Jimmy vs Tobias.

- Horford forces smaller defenders on Ben and Tobi and gives us to have atleast 4 spacers at all times on the floor.

Ben forced Ben in to the dunker spot by being a non threat anywhere else on the floor. If Ben still doesnt shoot this year Horford does nothing to change that.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#23 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:31 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:

Ben forced Ben in to the dunker spot by being a non threat anywhere else on the floor. If Ben still doesnt shoot this year Horford does nothing to change that.

Even if Ben is as good as a shooter as Steph Curry, Jimmy would still want to run the team’s offense if not, he will sabotage the offense by passing up open 3s.

The way I see it, if you want Jimmy then you have to trade Ben. I dont think both can co-exist.

Between the two, i prefer Jimmy. But considering the team, I prefer Ben.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#24 » by Chris76 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:30 pm

I agree that Horford fits better with Simmons. Teams will have to adjust with adding a 2nd PF to defend Ben. He abuses most defenders smaller than 6' 8".

Sure, Ben has to develop a consistent midrange shot and finish better. He already has a fade away, but he fades too much. If he goes straight up, his efficiency should improve.

Additionally, Horford as a secondary rim protector and rebounder allows Embiid to cover perimeter shooters. Embiid did it well in the playoffs.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,536

Post#25 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:27 pm

Is there an actual basis for this?

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!/?PlayerID=1627732&VsPlayerID=202710&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

https://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#!?PlayerID=1627732&VsPlayerID=202710&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

Cannot fathom how you could have Ben a worse player with Butler unless we are going off what sounds best now that Butler isn't here.
HartfordWhalers

Post#26 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:27 pm

Oh, and Tobias blue himself.
mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Post#27 » by mike76 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:49 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!/?PlayerID=1627732&VsPlayerID=202710&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

https://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#!?PlayerID=1627732&VsPlayerID=202710&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

Cannot fathom how you could have Ben a worse player with Butler unless we are going off what sounds best now that Butler isn't here.

Agreed.

Ben's stats with Jimmy:
17.2 points per36, 8.2 Assists per36, 60.8% TS%, 20.3 USG%, 2.25 AST/TO

Ben's stats without Jimmy:
19.4 points per30, 7.7 assists per36, 56% TS%, 23.2% USG%, 2.18 AST/TO

Sixers with Ben + Jimmy: +5.8 Net Rtg
Sixers with Ben - Jimmy: -0.3 NetRtg

Tobias' stats with Jimmy:
18.4 pts per36, 2.7 asts per36, 58.8% TS%, 18.7% usg%, 2.47 AST/TO

Tobias's stats without Jimmy:
19.6 Pts per36, 3.7 ast per36, 51.8% TS%, 24.7% USG%, 1.39 AST/TO

Sixers with Tobias + Jimmy: +4.3 NetRtg
Sixers with Tobias - JImmy: -7.4 NetRtg

Butler had a VERY positive impact on both Ben and Tobias and allowed them both to be A LOT more efficient (especially Tobias)
mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Post#28 » by mike76 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:57 pm

mike76 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Agreed.

Ben's stats with Jimmy:
17.2 points per36, 8.2 Assists per36, 60.8% TS%, 20.3 USG%, 2.25 AST/TO

Ben's stats without Jimmy:
19.4 points per30, 7.7 assists per36, 56% TS%, 23.2% USG%, 2.18 AST/TO

Sixers with Ben + Jimmy: +5.8 Net Rtg
Sixers with Ben - Jimmy: -0.3 NetRtg

Tobias' stats with Jimmy:
18.4 pts per36, 2.7 asts per36, 58.8% TS%, 18.7% usg%, 2.47 AST/TO

Tobias's stats without Jimmy:
19.6 Pts per36, 3.7 ast per36, 51.8% TS%, 24.7% USG%, 1.39 AST/TO

Sixers with Tobias + Jimmy: +4.3 NetRtg
Sixers with Tobias - JImmy: -7.4 NetRtg

Butler had a VERY positive impact on both Ben and Tobias and allowed them both to be A LOT more efficient (especially Tobias)

Ultimately, having multiple playmakers on the court isn't a bad thing (and can actually prove more beneficial than spacing if the playmakers are actually star caliber players)
HartfordWhalers

Post#29 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:13 pm

Now I feel bad I went for the arrested development reference instead of checking Tobias stats
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#30 » by djsunyc » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:59 am

jimmy:

"Obviously, something happened. We're not going to say what it was. We're not going to go into detail. We can't keep living on that. They can't. But I'm happy, man. It brings me joy, being around this group of guys [in Miami]. I don't regret nothing, you feel me?"
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#31 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:02 am

Yeah, this should be a bigger story in Philly. I wonder what happened and who it happened with.

It seems like it was a major issue between one of or all of Ben/Brett/Elton and Jimmy.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#32 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:19 am

Kobblehead wrote:Yeah, this should be a bigger story in Philly. I wonder what happened and who it happened with.

It seems like it was a major issue between one of or all of Ben/Brett/Elton and Jimmy.

We decided to build around Bum Simmons, and Butler doesn't fit with him, pretty easy to see IMO. What I don't get though is why did they trade for him in the first place? they had to know this would happen... oh wait it's Brett, of course he had no idea.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
76ciology
RealGM

Post#33 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:33 pm

djsunyc wrote:jimmy:

"Obviously, something happened. We're not going to say what it was. We're not going to go into detail. We can't keep living on that. They can't. But I'm happy, man. It brings me joy, being around this group of guys [in Miami]. I don't regret nothing, you feel me?"

Sound like Jimmy want to stay but FO have different plans.

I think there’s nothing in between Biid Ben and Butler. But FO decided what’s best for Ben and the team.

On the other hand, I feel Biid feels his sentiment on Jimmy was not respected by the FO. You know how primadona franchise players are nowadays.

And Ben kind of feels sort of guilty.

If you ask me, I thought the FO did the right thing letting Jimmy go. The only way to win with Ben and Biid is with this kind of style and roster.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#34 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:56 pm

76ciology wrote:
djsunyc wrote:jimmy:

Sound like Jimmy want to stay but FO have different plans.

I think there’s nothing in between Biid Ben and Butler. But FO decided what’s best for Ben and the team.

On the other hand, I feel Biid feels his sentiment on Jimmy was not respected by the FO. You know how primadona franchise players are nowadays.

And Ben kind of feels sort of guilty.

If you ask me, I thought the FO did the right thing letting Jimmy go. The only way to win with Ben and Biid is with this kind of style and roster.

Well, right now it doesn't really look like this way is better than when we had Jimmy, in fact, you could say with Jimmy we were the closest to win a championship. Against Celtics 2018, we got destroyed completely, whereas in 2019 it was really close. I'm not seeing any indication that we are even at 2019 level right now, even if it is still early and this team could "click" somehow.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#35 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Anyone who thinks we are better off without Jimmy is blind.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#36 » by eagereyez » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM

Re: So who said 

Post#37 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:26 pm

eagereyez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using RealGM mobile app

Believing there is a single player in the league who value championship over money is pretty much like someone who believe WWE is real sport.

Like i said, the players are overpaid so much that the value of how much they’re paid now has so disproportioned the value of a championship.

Even Butler is playing for his paycheck. You really think he cares about the championship? For what? For a one day celebration showering people with champagne?
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#38 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Jimmy Butler isn't wrong about Towns or Simmons.

However, he's also a hypocrite.

How much does HE want a championship?

Despite all the gripes with the guys in Minnesota, he wanted a 5 year max to remain there.

Also, he left a contending team to sign a max with a low-tier playoff team with no chance at competing for a title during the remainder years of his prime.

Jimmy works hard, but he's just as much about the money and just as much about not caring about a championship as the guys he has problems with.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#39 » by eagereyez » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Butler is a hypocrite, but one thing he has going for him is his work ethic. If he claims that someone on the team doesn't care about improving and the Sixers have a star player who hasn't improved in 3 years... well, let's just say where there's smoke there's fire.

Hopefully his comments light a fire under Simmons' ass like they did for KAT and Wiggins.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#40 » by BigSleep333 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:12 pm

its pretty obvious his problems were with ben. hes all about that luxury stuff, dating kendall jenner and so on. ben is the problem, jimmy said it, and brett sided with ben. end of story.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers