WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1321 » by improper » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:47 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Man, wwe creative must love November as their paid vacation time of year. Just do 4 weeks of tv where you have inconsequential matches where the finish is each respective brand’s jobbers run in and brawl as the finish. Rinse and repeat. There’s literally not a single intriguing thing about survivor series other than getting a first hand look at just how much smaller the NXT guys are than the main roster guys.

Most of the main roster guys are former NXT guys.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1322 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:21 pm

improper wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Man, wwe creative must love November as their paid vacation time of year. Just do 4 weeks of tv where you have inconsequential matches where the finish is each respective brand’s jobbers run in and brawl as the finish. Rinse and repeat. There’s literally not a single intriguing thing about survivor series other than getting a first hand look at just how much smaller the NXT guys are than the main roster guys.

Most of the main roster guys are former NXT guys.

Of course. I’m just saying at this particular time, almost all of the top guys are all tiny. Cole and the UE, Gargano, Ciampa, Dunne. Dream is pretty averaged sized but looks big compared to them. Same with Riddle. Once these guys get called up the roster gets a little beefier.

I’m not a Vince type where size is the number one factor but it can make a biggish deal is almost everyone you match up with is bigger than you. I will say, even though they’re smaller the NXT guys have a huge advantage over most of AEW in aesthetic. At least most of the NXT guys look like athletes. So much of AEW look like backyard wrestlers so it’s hard for me to get into it much.
Do it for Chuck
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1323 » by WRau1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:48 am

Highly recommend the Steve Austin Broken Skull Sessions with Undertaker. Great interview.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#1324 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:17 pm

WRau1 wrote:Highly recommend the Steve Austin Broken Skull Sessions with Undertaker. Great interview.

Yes, everyone should watch this.

I learned so much about his psychology at the beginning of his career. Fascinating to hear how much he struggled with slowing his work down and not focusing on having the best match of the card when he knew he could do so much more athletically. It would be interesting to go back and watch some of those early matches with the knowledge that the guy playing the character was so conflicted about his own motivations versus the character's. It's not surprising that he lived the gimmick for half a decade. It sounds like he had no choice.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1325 » by WRau1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Stanford wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Highly recommend the Steve Austin Broken Skull Sessions with Undertaker. Great interview.

Yes, everyone should watch this.

I learned so much about his psychology at the beginning of his career. Fascinating to hear how much he struggled with slowing his work down and not focusing on having the best match of the card when he knew he could do so much more athletically. It would be interesting to go back and watch some of those early matches with the knowledge that the guy playing the character was so conflicted about his own motivations versus the character's. It's not surprising that he lived the gimmick for half a decade. It sounds like he had no choice.

I loved the story about Buzz Sawyer's rottweilers. :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,941

Post#1326 » by iMoreland » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:12 am

Seen a pretty cool theory about who The Fiend has fueded with. Everyone he's had a match with has changed from heel to face or face to heel. Finn turned heel after facing The Fiend. Seth is turning heel after facing The Fiend. Bryan is turning face after facing The Fiend.

In the matches, Bray listened to the "hurt" glove when he fought Finn and Seth. Bray listened to the "heal" glove when he fought Bryan.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1327 » by Stanford » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:30 pm

I miss Meiko Satomura.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Post#1328 » by LLJ » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:52 pm

Stanford wrote:I miss Meiko Satomura.

You can catch her Sendai Girls stuff regularly if you know where to look
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1329 » by Stanford » Sun Dec 1, 2019 12:34 am

LLJ wrote:
Stanford wrote:I miss Meiko Satomura.

You can catch her Sendai Girls stuff regularly if you know where to look

I will continue to miss Meiko Satomura.

No offense to the Sendai Girls.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Post#1330 » by LLJ » Sun Dec 1, 2019 1:10 am

Then you can't say you miss her then if you don't want to seek out her stuff which is EXTREMELY easy to access. ;)

I've watched a ton of her stuff. Fantastic wrestler. But she would probably struggle in a true week to week WWE environment where she has to do other things than just work and have to neuter her stuff to preserve her body (and her peers) because of the brutal WWE schedule. She was used perfectly in the MYC, and imo it is probably best if it stayed that way.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1331 » by Spens1 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:37 am

Sendai Girls will most likely end up on the network i'm guessing if there is no NXT Japan (if there is, then rip Sendai Girls, cause Big Japan + Sendai Girls forms the base of that).
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1332 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:48 pm

iMoreland wrote:Seen a pretty cool theory about who The Fiend has fueded with. Everyone he's had a match with has changed from heel to face or face to heel. Finn turned heel after facing The Fiend. Seth is turning heel after facing The Fiend. Bryan is turning face after facing The Fiend.

In the matches, Bray listened to the "hurt" glove when he fought Finn and Seth. Bray listened to the "heal" glove when he fought Bryan.

I love that -- finally, some good booking!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1333 » by Stanford » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:28 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Seen a pretty cool theory about who The Fiend has fueded with. Everyone he's had a match with has changed from heel to face or face to heel. Finn turned heel after facing The Fiend. Seth is turning heel after facing The Fiend. Bryan is turning face after facing The Fiend.

This would be neat if it was true and we could see the evidence of it. Imagine if he used the different gloves to apply the mandible claw, resulting in the events speculated above. It's certainly cool to think about - but what is the point, and what does it say about The Fiend's motivations?
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1334 » by The_Brecht » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:09 pm

Apparently they're looking at Brock vs Cain 2 or vs Fury at Wrestlemania...
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1335 » by tugs » Sun Dec 8, 2019 11:25 pm

Welp, there goes any chances of a Wyatt Family reunion. Harper has been granted with his release.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1336 » by improper » Mon Dec 9, 2019 2:44 am

tugs wrote:Welp, there goes any chances of a Wyatt Family reunion. Harper has been granted with his release.

Good for him. WWE never gave him a chance to show what he could do. They should have moved him to NXT, because he's awesome at working with smaller guys. He's going to kill it in his next stop, be it AEW or NJPW or wherever.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#1337 » by daoneandonly » Mon Dec 9, 2019 12:20 pm

Stanford wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

This would be neat if it was true and we could see the evidence of it. Imagine if he used the different gloves to apply the mandible claw, resulting in the events speculated above. It's certainly cool to think about - but what is the point, and what does it say about The Fiend's motivations?

Miz could use a return back to a heel, so this would be neat if true.

And here's hoping Harper goes to AEW
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#1338 » by daoneandonly » Mon Dec 9, 2019 3:35 pm

https://prowrestling.net/site/2019/12/09/first-wwe-hall-of-fame-inductees-for-2020/

Don't think Waltman should be inducted with the NWO, screams Triple H doing his buddy a solid
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,749

Post#1339 » by spykelee » Mon Dec 9, 2019 6:52 pm

How many times are these idiots gonna go in? Kevin Nash shouldn't even be in once. A guy like naitch or hogan can have multiples but yea waltman and Nash in there 3 times? Give me a break.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1340 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 9, 2019 8:37 pm

daoneandonly wrote:https://prowrestling.net/site/2019/12/09/first-wwe-hall-of-fame-inductees-for-2020/

Don't think Waltman should be inducted with the NWO, screams Triple H doing his buddy a solid

Waltman being in is a complete joke. I wouldn't even put him as the fourth or even fifth guy I remember most on the nWo.

Return to Pro Wrestling