Josh Shaw Suspended Indefinitely For Gambling On NFL

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Josh Shaw Suspended Indefinitely For Gambling On NFL 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 pm

Josh Shaw has been suspended indefinitely for betting on NFL games on multiple occasions during the 2019 season.

Shaw has not played a down this season for the Arizona Cardinals. He was put on injured reserve on Aug. 25 with a shoulder injury.

The NFL\'s investigation did not uncover any evidence that Shaw used inside information or that any game was compromised. 

Via Josh Weinfuss/ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Josh Shaw Suspended Indefinitely For Gambling On NFL 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 pm

If he didn't use insider info, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with gambling on the NFL, especially when you are on IR and can't even play. That's really stupid. Get with the times, NFL. Everybody gambles now.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,939

Post#3 » by mastermixer » Sun Dec 1, 2019 3:34 am

Barcs wrote:If he didn't use insider info, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with gambling on the NFL, especially when you are on IR and can't even play. That's really stupid. Get with the times, NFL. Everybody gambles now.

C’mon man. I’m not a big “slippery slope” guy, but is it so much to ask that you don’t gamble on the sport you play. They have to have a 0 tolerance policy, or everyone would just say they didn’t use any insider info as a defense.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:58 pm

mastermixer wrote:
Barcs wrote:If he didn't use insider info, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with gambling on the NFL, especially when you are on IR and can't even play. That's really stupid. Get with the times, NFL. Everybody gambles now.

C’mon man. I’m not a big “slippery slope” guy, but is it so much to ask that you don’t gamble on the sport you play. They have to have a 0 tolerance policy, or everyone would just say they didn’t use any insider info as a defense.

Yeah, I just don't agree with it if the player is on IR. It's not like he can influence the outcome and they already determined he didn't use insider info. I understand not being allowed to bet on or against your own team, but no reason players can bet on other games.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion