Doc Rivers Says Kawhi Leonard, Paul George 'Have Yet To Have A Practice Together'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Doc Rivers Says Kawhi Leonard, Paul George 'Have Yet To Have A Practice Together' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:11 pm

Doc Rivers commented on the unique nature of the Los Angeles Clippers season following their 150-125 win over the Washington Wizards, saying that Kawhi Leonard and Paul George have yet to practice together on the same team.

"I don't know how many years I've coached, 20 maybe, but I've never had it where my best two players going into Game 21 have yet to have a practice together on the floor -- not one. They've had one practice where they're opposing [each other in practice], but they have yet to be in the same lineup and have a practice," said Rivers, whose Clippers improved to 15-6 on the season.

Leonard finished the game with 34 points, while George added 31.

Leonard said that the Clippers can still improve their offense despite scoring 150 points.

"We're still up-and-down, sometimes our offense is stagnant ... or doing early quick shots without moving the ball. But we can be special."

binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Re: Doc Rivers Says Kawhi Leonard, Paul George 'Have Yet To Have A Practice Together' 

Post#2 » by binjumper » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:08 pm

Sure doc, I believe you.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Re: Doc Rivers Says Kawhi Leonard, Paul George 'Have Yet To Have A Practice Together' 

Post#3 » by levon » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:06 pm

Dude is clearly lying.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#4 » by dougthonus » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:55 pm

If that's a meaningful thing then why did you have them opposing each other instead of on the same team when they've practiced on the same day? If it's not a meaningful thing then why did you mention it?
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#5 » by TheNewEra » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:05 am

levon wrote:Dude is clearly lying.

Not likely the clippers have been on a every other day schedule since the return of PG. Doc was never big on forcing practice and with only one day off in between games I can see the team not getting a chance to really go at it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion