Paul George On Carmelo Anthony: He 'Has Been A Great Player, He's Going To Be A Great Player'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Paul George On Carmelo Anthony: He 'Has Been A Great Player, He's Going To Be A Great Player' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:36 pm

Paul George and Kawhi Leonard each praised Carmelo Anthony while discussing the media narratives surrounding his return in the lead-up to the Los Angeles Clippers game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night.

"I just hate how [his] first game, Melo came back, the whole media was [focused on] his plus-minus was this and him being on the floor ... I just hate the narratives that's created by him being back. Melo has been a great player, he's going to be a great player, he's playing terrific from start to finish, and shoutout to Portland for opening that door back up for Melo and prolonging his career," said George, who was teammates with Anthony with the Thunder.

Anthony is averaging 17.7 points and 6 rebounds in 6 games with the Blazers.

Leonard echoed George's assessment about narratives surrounding Anthony.

"He is able to get an opportunity and get a chance to go out there and pretty much be himself. I'm just happy for him that he was able to get back in the NBA. It is well deserved. I don't think he was treated the right way, how they left him out there being a future Hall of Famer."

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Re: Paul George On Carmelo Anthony: He 'Has Been A Great Player, He's Going To Be A Great Player' 

Post#2 » by Chris3323 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:56 pm

His heart is back in the game, he should be starting like he is now. Great Player

Return to Wiretap Discussion