ImageImageImageImageImage

pg - knicks suck....but you knew that

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Re: pg - knicks suck....but you knew that 

Post#301 » by whocares1 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:27 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Reign23 wrote:smith should clearly be out of the rotation with payton back.

Yeah. He's lost his spot for now.

Doesn’t matter. Replacing a guard that can’t shoot with another guard that can’t shoot who was already replacing a guard that can’t shoot will not change the outcome and opposing teams will still play the same way.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#302 » by drekwins » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:31 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
drekwins wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:This isn’t a part of any process.

They built this team to compete and win and make a push for the playoffs.

We are 4-17.

This FO is so terrible at their jobs that they can’t build a middling 30 win team with a crap ton of cap space and a roster full of prospects.

Start with this FO if you want to turn this franchise around. Stop looking for a savior in FA or the draft. Bad management will **** it up even if they get lucky.

Imagine if we didn’t trade KP and targeted Brogdon and Morris... we’d still have Barrett as well. We’d most likely be a playoff team on the rise with the ability to play big and small with Morris versatility.

Brogdon fan club member? Love that guy. Boring but effective

Boring but effective is exactly the type of guys I love... they're cheaper, often more efficient and possess less toxic traits. Gimme 50, 40, 90 with 8-9 assists all day, every day.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,870

Post#303 » by GONYK » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:33 pm

louisorr wrote:if I'm Fizdale, I tell Randle and DSJ to each shoot 20 times next game or they get benched for a week. What do we have to lose. We need to empower our best athletes. Stop having them look over their shoulders.If they fail ask the same of someone else. Lets find damn alpha /closer

Giving your least efficient player the most shots with no accountability?

How is that different from what we already do?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#304 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:34 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Doesn’t matter. Replacing a guard that can’t shoot with another guard that can’t shoot who was already replacing a guard that can’t shoot will not change the outcome and opposing teams will still play the same way.

Nah B. We're streaking starting now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#305 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:36 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

At least Frank is improving.

#Development
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#306 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:41 pm

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,448

Post#307 » by Context » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:41 pm

F N 11 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Context wrote:time to bring this out:

Im crying :lol:

Only way to get to that tank level is to have THJr on the team.

I think Randle and this team as a whole make THjr look like an all star :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#308 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#309 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:44 pm

I still believe in Julius but this is hilarious

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,857

Post#310 » by KnicksGod » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:45 pm

drekwins wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Imagine if we didn’t trade KP and targeted Brogdon and Morris... we’d still have Barrett as well. We’d most likely be a playoff team on the rise with the ability to play big and small with Morris versatility.

Boring but effective is exactly the type of guys I love... they're cheaper, often more efficient and possess less toxic traits. Gimme 50, 40, 90 with 8-9 assists all day, every day.

Bucks don't exactly seem to miss Brogdon, on the other hand.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#311 » by moocow007 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:46 pm

robillionaire wrote:I agree pills shouldn’t get to pick the new coach but guess what even if Dolan fires pills and replaces them Dolan is the one who will be choosing the new pills who will be choosing the new coach. It’s completely and utterly hopeless until someone chops the head off the serpent

Dolan should have a fan lottery. The winner gets to pick Mills replacement. It can't be any worse than what Dolan would pick by himself? I mean how bad could Spike Lee be compared to Mills?

But seriously, the Knicks need not look any further than their divisional rivals (ahem, loosely of course) and hire Mike Zarren from the Celtics and make him the President of Basketball Ops.

Zarren is considered one of the sharpest analytical minds in the sport and key behind helping Danny Ainge build that Boston Celtics team. Zarren is one of the hottest commodities in the front office circle and is reportedly only looking to leave Boston for a significant bump in title and market. President of Basketball Operations would be a pretty significant bump (along with the dollars) and he'd be in the biggest market on the planet.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#312 » by KnicksGod » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:46 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thanks for showing us all the people who hate the Knicks and spend as much time hating the Knicks as they do loving their own team.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#313 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:47 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
drekwins wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Bucks don't exactly seem to miss Brogdon, on the other hand.

What does that have to do with how effective Brogdon is?

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#314 » by dakomish23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:48 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thanks for showing us all the people who hate the Knicks and spend as much time hating the Knicks as they do loving their own team.

I have no idea what you're trying to say :lol:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#315 » by Shaffty » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:03 pm

Sark wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:I don't remember the story but did we choose Fizdale over Budenholzer
No bud was pretty deadset on coaching Giannis.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-head-coach-position-is-mike-budenholzers-top-choice/273481998

"New York's his top choice," a source told The Post's Marc Berman. "If they offered him the job, he'd say yes. He wants to live in New York."

:roll:

ah your right writers NEVER make up anonymous sources to get those sweet sweet knick fan clicks
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#316 » by Capn'O » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:08 pm

moocow007 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:I agree pills shouldn’t get to pick the new coach but guess what even if Dolan fires pills and replaces them Dolan is the one who will be choosing the new pills who will be choosing the new coach. It’s completely and utterly hopeless until someone chops the head off the serpent

Dolan should have a fan lottery. The winner gets to pick Mills replacement. It can't be any worse than what Dolan would pick by himself? I mean how bad could Spike Lee be compared to Mills?

But seriously, the Knicks need not look any further than their divisional rivals (ahem, loosely of course) and hire Mike Zarren from the Celtics and make him the President of Basketball Ops.

Zarren is considered one of the sharpest analytical minds in the sport and key behind helping Danny Ainge build that Boston Celtics team. Zarren is one of the hottest commodities in the front office circle and is reportedly only looking to leave Boston for a significant bump in title and market. President of Basketball Operations would be a pretty significant bump (along with the dollars) and he'd be in the biggest market on the planet.

In.

Believable get, unlike Ujiri. I'd look to pounce on Morey too. Politics though yadda yadda.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jscratch1200
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#317 » by Jscratch1200 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:14 pm

KnicksGod wrote:All I know to be true really is that Knicks fans sticking around this long and experiencing so little positive out of the whole thing for so many years ... let's be honest, just a ton of suffering ... it says something about humankind lol.
I went to the Giants vs. Packers game with my coworkers from Wisconsin this past weekend (free tickets). I knew there wasn't a chance in hell the Giants would win, so I sarcastically cheered for them the whole game and just went more to hang out.

There was this one Giants fan that was real into the game; cheering for the team even when the game was all but finished. He was yelling at other fans for not being as passionate and allowing the away team to take over the stadium. All I could think was "wow, this guy is pitiful. Why does he even care anymore?". Then I realized, I probably looked like him all these years as a Knicks fan. I'm disgusted with myself lol.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#318 » by KnicksGod » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:21 pm

Jscratch1200 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:All I know to be true really is that Knicks fans sticking around this long and experiencing so little positive out of the whole thing for so many years ... let's be honest, just a ton of suffering ... it says something about humankind lol.
I went to the Giants vs. Packers game with my coworkers from Wisconsin this past weekend (free tickets). I knew there wasn't a chance in hell the Giants would win, so I sarcastically cheered for them the whole game and just went more to hang out.

There was this one Giants fan that was real into the game; cheering for the team even when the game was all but finished. He was yelling at other fans for not being as passionate and allowing the away team to take over the stadium. All I could think was "wow, this guy is pitiful. Why does he even care anymore?". Then I realized, I probably looked like him all these years as a Knicks fan. I'm disgusted with myself lol.

Yes but it's true character to stick with something when nobody else does. That's who you want on your side.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,973

Post#319 » by Reign23 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:41 pm

I swear if frank doesn't get 30 mpg anymore, i'll freak out.
formerly known as knickst4pe
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#320 » by BallSacBounce » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:55 pm

Capn'O wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Nah B. We're streaking starting now.

The road to glory starts right here, right now.

But really, the ship be sinking.

Return to New York Knicks