Fred VanVleet Could Command $25M-$30M Per Season In Free Agency

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Re: Fred VanVleet Could Command $25M-$30M Per Season In Free Agency 

Post#21 » by 31to6 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:40 pm

hello I am here from the deep past how has it turned out have you made the internet of things yet?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,560

Post#22 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:12 pm

Id offer 3 years, $70 million or 4 years, $80 million.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,679

Post#23 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:33 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Id offer 3 years, $70 million or 4 years, $80 million.

i think those are exactly the offers he will receive. well earned.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#24 » by moocow007 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:38 pm

Dear lord.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,538

Post#25 » by lonzo_pelota » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:20 pm

phenith wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:this is the brinks truck I.T. spoke of having placed upon thee.

Except FVV isn't all offence, his defense is in another stratosphere compared to IT. The bigger concern in my eyes is the way he plays, he bangs around and hits the floor a LOT. Sadly, I can honestly see him missing a lot of games over his career due to injuries (I hope I'm wrong).

almost every player we enjoy watching and is a standout has injury problems (exceptions are guys like giannis,lebron,harden). i remember mike conley being a ironman then gets the new huge deal and is out more than he's on, john wall, steph, kd, kyrie, kawhi, pg13, blake, lowry, ben and joel had injuries prior to their paydays which is good for them and the fans, its almost as if after they get paid they get more gimpy/injury prone. hopefully FVV gets paid and stays healthy for the majority of the contract. and this injury thing gets less and less as the league gets going.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#26 » by jason bourne » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:02 pm

Roco14 wrote:the point guard position is the most stacked position in the league, and gm's are hesitant to hand out big contracts to little guards.

starting PG's better than him currently:

Steph
Westbrook
Lillard
Lowry
Holiday
Simmons
Trae
Ja
CP3
Kyrie
Kemba
Conley

Then you have teams that have their PG of the future like Charlotte with Rozier, Sacramento with Fox, Mil with bledsoe etc. There's only a handful of teams that might be desperate enough to throw him that contract (and can afford it) - Knicks and Bulls come to mind.

This news sounds like hype from his agent. FVV is better than Westbrook, Lowry (too old), CP3 (ditto), Rozier, and Bledsoe. He can play PG or SG even though he's short for an NBA point guard in today's game. While $25 or $30 M per will scare teams away, he could do better in the tier below that.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#27 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:18 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:I don't think he's worth 25 Million, but a lot of players aren't worth their contract.
Would look good and fit the Wolves youth movement.

Not disagreeing with you, though your post made me think. If you compiled production/value vs. salary for the entire league and came up with an average ROI per player, that's your baseline to roughly determine what a player is 'worth' (maybe you eliminate rookie contract and AAA superstar players because they are earnings restricted relative to their value and would skew the average.)

However, almost by definition if you have a roster full of guys with average ROI, you're not going to good enough to win a title. But that's why every championship contender has a window before they have to start paying guys, or let them go to other teams. In that sense a guy like FVV may be worth around $25M-ish, but the Bucks are not going to win a title paying him that.
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#28 » by Roco14 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:49 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Roco14 wrote:the point guard position is the most stacked position in the league, and gm's are hesitant to hand out big contracts to little guards.

starting PG's better than him currently:

Steph
Westbrook
Lillard
Lowry
Holiday
Simmons
Trae
Ja
CP3
Kyrie
Kemba
Conley

Then you have teams that have their PG of the future like Charlotte with Rozier, Sacramento with Fox, Mil with bledsoe etc. There's only a handful of teams that might be desperate enough to throw him that contract (and can afford it) - Knicks and Bulls come to mind.

This news sounds like hype from his agent. FVV is better than Westbrook, Lowry (too old), CP3 (ditto), Rozier, and Bledsoe. He can play PG or SG even though he's short for an NBA point guard in today's game. While $25 or $30 M per will scare teams away, he could do better in the tier below that.

Fred is not better than Westbrook man, and this is coming from a massive Westbrook hater and a raps fan. Lowry this year is still more valuable. You can make the argument he's better than CP3, Rozier, and Bledsoe, but those players are locked into contracts longterm so he's not a realistic option for those teams.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
BIG SCIENCE
Junior
And1: 395

Post#29 » by BIG SCIENCE » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:45 pm

Tampering.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#30 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:08 pm

BIG SCIENCE wrote:Tampering.

I don't think reporters can be fined for tampering.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,948

Post#31 » by Cassius » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:18 pm

I think 5/100 is the kind of contract both sides can be happy with, and it takes FVV far enough into the new CBA that his age 31 season might not mean the end of his ability to sign another five year deal.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion