Knicks Could Chase Masai Ujiri This Offseason If Struggles Continue

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Knicks Could Chase Masai Ujiri This Offseason If Struggles Continue 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 2, 2019 11:25 pm

The New York Knicks will make an effort to go after Masai Ujiri should they continue to struggle this season, according to Steve Popper of Newsday.

Popper added that there is "fear" within the Raptors organization that Ujiri will leave for the Knicks.

One reason why Ujiri would move to the Knicks is to have a bigger platform for his Giants of Africa foundation in New York City.

Via Steve Popper/Newsday

bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Re: Knicks Could Chase Masai Ujiri This Offseason If Struggles Continue 

Post#2 » by bootsythornton » Mon Dec 2, 2019 11:39 pm

bigger platform? Toronto is the most multicultural city in N/A with ownership that is friendly to GOA and helped Masai build what he's done. He isn't leaving, the question is, does he become President of MLSE...
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,258

Post#3 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Dec 3, 2019 12:11 am

Masai Ujiri could go to New York any time he wants and ask ANY amount of money from them. So I don't think any amount of chasing will make much of a difference.

This headline might as well be: "Anyone would probably want the most coveted Basketball Operations Executive in the NBA, and I write for the Knicks, who are very bad, so I bet they want him. Also New York is a really big market so maybe that is helpful!"

Masai to the Knicks has been a story for 5 years. I guess Steve Popper of news day didn't have any ideas for articles this week.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#4 » by BasketballJunky » Tue Dec 3, 2019 12:35 am

jamaalstar21 wrote:Masai Ujiri could go to New York any time he wants and ask ANY amount of money from them. So I don't think any amount of chasing will make much of a difference.

This headline might as well be: "Anyone would probably want the most coveted Basketball Operations Executive in the NBA, and I write for the Knicks, who are very bad, so I bet they want him. Also New York is a really big market so maybe that is helpful!"

Masai to the Knicks has been a story for 5 years. I guess Steve Popper of news day didn't have any ideas for articles this week.

Well Said
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#5 » by Revived » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:03 am

Doesn’t this come out every season?
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#6 » by Cookin Baskets » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:22 am

If Ujiri is smart, he will stay with the Raptors.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#7 » by GoGreen » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:33 am

More NY media hype to sell papers. No ones going to the damn Knicks.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#8 » by MegaK » Tue Dec 3, 2019 12:56 pm

sportsyard wrote:bigger platform? Toronto is the most multicultural city in N/A with ownership that is friendly to GOA and helped Masai build what he's done. He isn't leaving, the question is, does he become President of MLSE...

Haha nice try bro. New York is the most multicultural city in the world bro. It's not even close bro.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Post#9 » by TheCage4 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:25 pm

Well with their most recent loss, a 44 point blowout, the struggles are only going to continue, if not get worse.

Fiz is running 11-12 man rotations, and none of them are working. He has 3 PF’s on the floor at the same time and wonders why they have no offense and no perimeter defense.

This team has no PG capable of running a team, and a center in Robinson who will has to potential to foul out before the half.

I thought the Isaiah Thomas Knicks were bad, but I’d venture to say this is the worst incarnation in recent memory.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#10 » by MegaK » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:42 pm

TheCage4 wrote:Well with their most recent loss, a 44 point blowout, the struggles are only going to continue, if not get worse.

Fiz is running 11-12 man rotations, and none of them are working. He has 3 PF’s on the floor at the same time and wonders why they have no offense and no perimeter defense.

This team has no PG capable of running a team, and a center in Robinson who will has to potential to foul out before the half.

I thought the Isaiah Thomas Knicks were bad, but I’d venture to say this is the worst incarnation in recent memory.

Dis is why we need someone like Ujiri bro. Ujiri would essentially have a blank slate to work with as no one on the roster is untouchable bro. If he could build a contender for the Knicks he will forever be in remembered in New York for the right reasons bro. He good bro.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#11 » by Oncloud9 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:23 pm

Wasn't Phil Jackson supposed to be great saviour .... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The networks are losing billions while Dolan laughs all the way to the bank. The Networks and media need a proven builder .... Dolan doesn't need him. Maybe the networks should push for Hinkle .... he did such a smash up job in Philly.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#12 » by Oncloud9 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:36 pm

MegaK wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:Well with their most recent loss, a 44 point blowout, the struggles are only going to continue, if not get worse.

Dis is why we need someone like Ujiri bro. Ujiri would essentially have a blank slate to work with as no one on the roster is untouchable bro. If he could build a contender for the Knicks he will forever be in remembered in New York for the right reasons bro. He good bro.

You just stated why Ujiri would pass on the Knicks .... he doesn't care about being a big fish in a very little pond. His mission and vision are greater than a US based NBA team. Building a dynasty team in Toronto and beating the US based teams at their own game is far more compelling narrative that can change the NBA and its network broadcasting than rescuing NY from its self inflicted wounds.

You like Ujiri .... cheer for the team he built.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#13 » by arasu » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:24 pm

The Knicks are selling more hopium, instead of embracing the process. It's been 2 decades of "win now" pressure that has led to the continuous cellar dwelling and one minor also-ran run. Dolan needs to let the current rebuild actually start rebuilding, with no long term contracts to veteran free agents, no no-trade clauses to non-MVPs like Carmelo, and no revolving door for coaches and executives. Knicks fans and the media will whine and cry as they do. It's time to tune out the noise and buckle down for serious business. The many executives and coaches they've had over those two decades weren't and aren't the problem, but rather this stupid win-now mentality that forces stupid decisions. Dolan is the one constant there, with his stamp of approval affecting every decision by every executive and coach under him. Everyone pointing the finger anywhere else is completely and utterly clueless. Ujiri wouldn't touch this mess, so just stop with the false hope.
Chaos_vx
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#14 » by Chaos_vx » Wed Dec 4, 2019 8:11 pm

MegaK wrote:
sportsyard wrote:bigger platform? Toronto is the most multicultural city in N/A with ownership that is friendly to GOA and helped Masai build what he's done. He isn't leaving, the question is, does he become President of MLSE...

Haha nice try bro. New York is the most multicultural city in the world bro. It's not even close bro.

Lol I knew Knicks fans were deluded but this LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: . Do yourself a favor and do a google search. You right though in one way, its not even close... Toronto is far more multicultural then any other city in NA not mention the world. Stats don't lie.

Return to Wiretap Discussion