Image ImageImage Image

Small Forward Help?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Small Forward Help? 

Post#1 » by holv03 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:15 pm

The Bulls have had a lot of issues with injuries at the wing position. Otto Porter Jr is out for a while because of an injury and so is Hutch. Bulls keep putting out three guard line ups and playing Dunn at the 3 because of all the injuries. It kind of bothers me that John Paxson or Gar Forman haven't tried to add any small forwards.

Joe Johnson is a free agent who could provide some depth at that position for us. He will also provide some veteran leadership for this team. He recently signed with Detroit but was waived because they wanted to develop young talent. I believe he could also help with Hutchinson and a few of the other guys. He is also a solid defender.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Re: Small Forward Help? 

Post#2 » by mtron32 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:45 pm

holv03 wrote:The Bulls have had a lot of issues with injuries at the wing position. Otto Porter Jr is out for a while because of an injury and so is Hutch. Bulls keep putting out three guard line ups and playing Dunn at the 3 because of all the injuries. It kind of bothers me that John Paxson or Gar Forman haven't tried to add any small forwards.

Joe Johnson is a free agent who could provide some depth at that position for us. He will also provide some veteran leadership for this team. He recently signed with Detroit but was waived because they wanted to develop young talent. I believe he could also help with Hutchinson and a few of the other guys. He is also a solid defender.

Joe Johnson will give the Bulls nothing, we would all roast them for bringing him in here.
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by mtron32 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:48 pm

Danilo Gallinari would be interesting
holv03
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by holv03 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:57 pm

mtron32 wrote:Danilo Gallinari would be interesting

What will it take to bring in Gallinari over to the Bulls?
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by mtron32 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:15 pm

holv03 wrote:

Maybe send off OPJ to OKC with a 2nd round pick, we needs a solid guy that can stay on the floor.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#6 » by jacoby1us » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:33 pm

mtron32 wrote:
holv03 wrote:

Maybe send off OPJ to OKC with a 2nd round pick, we needs a solid guy that can stay on the floor.

Gallinari does not have a great bill of health himself. If I am the Bulls I seek a move to acquire Aaron Gordon from the Magic or Covington from the T-Wolves.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by mtron32 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:48 pm

jacoby1us wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
holv03 wrote:

Gallinari does not have a great bill of health himself. If I am the Bulls I seek a move to acquire Aaron Gordon from the Magic or Covington from the T-Wolves.

I'd prefer Covington, that'd be a pretty good fit, Gordon is a PF that cant shoot the three. Neither of them is a starter though so we still need that piece.
holv03
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by holv03 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:06 pm

I would love to get Michael Porter Jr here but I know that won't happen since the Nuggets are high on him.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#9 » by jacoby1us » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:35 pm

MPJ would definitely be great, young with so much upside. Definitely another steal from the Nuggets front office. Low risk, HIGH REWARD!
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#10 » by Dan Z » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:58 pm

mtron32 wrote:
jacoby1us wrote:
mtron32 wrote:

I'd prefer Covington, that'd be a pretty good fit, Gordon is a PF that cant shoot the three. Neither of them is a starter though so we still need that piece.

Gordon will also cost more in a trade. Are the Wolves looking to trade Covington?

I could see OKC moving Gallinari because he's not a future piece.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#11 » by ChettheJet » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:08 pm

From this list, there's no real help out there to be found

https://www.nba.com/freeagents/2019/tracker

and resorting to the G League is admitting defeat.

Forget the damn doghouse and put Valentine out there and see what he brings
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#12 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:20 pm

holv03 wrote:I would love to get Michael Porter Jr here but I know that won't happen since the Nuggets are high on him.

Not unless we could get him for free. The Nuggets aren't that high on him. He can't even crack the garbage time rotation on that team. Malone has not been giving any meaningful minutes at all. He has a sub .500 TS%. He is shooting like .200 from 3 pt. He is lost on D. And he remains a MAJOR MAJOR injury risk. I would not waste a single asset of value on him.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#13 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:42 pm

mtron32 wrote:
holv03 wrote:The Bulls have had a lot of issues with injuries at the wing position. Otto Porter Jr is out for a while because of an injury and so is Hutch. Bulls keep putting out three guard line ups and playing Dunn at the 3 because of all the injuries. It kind of bothers me that John Paxson or Gar Forman haven't tried to add any small forwards.

Joe Johnson will give the Bulls nothing, we would all roast them for bringing him in here.

Not to mention he's 40 years old and has not played a minute of meaningful ball in over a year and a half.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#14 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:06 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
mtron32 wrote:

Not to mention he's 40 years old and has not played a minute of meaningful ball in over a year and a half.

And the pistons cut him.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#15 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:07 pm

mtron32 wrote:
jacoby1us wrote:
mtron32 wrote:

He is but I think only in a Russell trade.
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by mtron32 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:28 am

You know what's funny though, we had Melo for a hot second and scoffed at him, at least I did. We could've actually used his veteran presence and skillset, especially if he was willing to ride that bench when OPJ came back, plus he's vet min. What a difference a few months make.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#17 » by Dan Z » Wed Dec 4, 2019 4:58 am

mtron32 wrote:You know what's funny though, we had Melo for a hot second and scoffed at him, at least I did. We could've actually used his veteran presence and skillset, especially if he was willing to ride that bench when OPJ came back, plus he's vet min. What a difference a few months make.

Also if Carmelo was on the Bulls instead of the Blazers it's possible that we win those two games against them. That's 2 wins right away.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,332

Post#18 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Dec 4, 2019 5:34 am

The same Michael Porter JR that people wanted over Luka?
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#19 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:07 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
holv03 wrote:I would love to get Michael Porter Jr here but I know that won't happen since the Nuggets are high on him.

Not unless we could get him for free. The Nuggets aren't that high on him. He can't even crack the garbage time rotation on that team. Malone has not been giving any meaningful minutes at all. He has a sub .500 TS%. He is shooting like .200 from 3 pt. He is lost on D. And he remains a MAJOR MAJOR injury risk. I would not waste a single asset of value on him.

I agree..has hasnt shown nothing special soo far, even shooting is bad.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#20 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:09 am

Joe Johnson hahaha, wth people!
Just play Dunn there or give Val few games, until Otto or Hutch return! We cant pull any good trade atm for SF anyway..

Return to Chicago Bulls