Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#341 » by BullyKing » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:54 am

Kobblehead wrote:
BullyKing wrote:No one's mad at you. As I've previously said, we just don't view the NBA in the same singular way that you do. I view the point of a basketball game to score more points than your opponent does. I also believe that preventing your opponent from putting the ball through the basket ultimately impacts the game the same amount as putting the ball through the basket yourself. If Thybulle blocks a shot, recovers the ball, and kicks it up court for a transition dunk, you would label that "zero production."

That's not to say he isn't a niche player but that wasn't your argument. Your argument was that he was one of the least productive rotation players in the NBA.

Just because I pointed out the fact that Thybulle is unproductive does not mean that I said he was ineffective. My use of production is directly tied to scoring production. Not whether or not he makes a positive impact when he's on the court.

And the only reason I pointed out how unproductive he is on a per minute basis is to counter someone saying that Shamet was only marginally more effective than him offensively.

That's fine but my post to you was essentially saying that you believe that scoring = production and now you've confirmed that you're actually using them as synonyms. So it seems like we're not actually disagreeing?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#342 » by Kobblehead » Wed Dec 4, 2019 1:00 am

Yeah, production i.e. scoring production. Not effectiveness.

T.J. McConnell provided effective minutes when he was on the court, too. But he was also a production zero.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,535

Post#343 » by 76ciology » Wed Dec 4, 2019 2:26 am

He is everything Thabo Sefalosha wanted to be.

Scratch that..

He is Ben Simmons with 3pt shooting and less TO prone point guard skillset
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
A_Toney
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#344 » by A_Toney » Wed Dec 4, 2019 2:29 am

Absolutely love this kid! Brett needs to let him work through mistakes and give him 25 minutes per night. Get him ready for the playoffs, he’s a player and I sense his teammates respect his game.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#345 » by Negrodamus » Wed Dec 4, 2019 1:40 pm

76ciology wrote:He is everything Thabo Sefalosha wanted to be.

Scratch that..

Wat
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#346 » by Embiid P » Thu Dec 5, 2019 7:57 pm

76ciology wrote:He is everything Thabo Sefalosha wanted to be.

Scratch that..

Ummm...he's been good but let's not get carried away. He's a potentially lock-down defender and developing spot up shooter, but he's nowhere near Simmons's level in terms of ball-handling, passing, court vision and rebounding. Most of Simmons's turnovers stem from his unwillingness to shoot. If anything, Thybulle has the potential to be a slightly shorter version of RoCo. If he does, that's a win in my book.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#347 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 6, 2019 4:08 pm

31 minutes played and 5 points scored.

This is what I'm talking about when I call him a production zero.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#348 » by Eyeamok » Mon Dec 9, 2019 7:46 am

32 minutes 20 points. He is coming along.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Kova
Veteran
And1: 711

Post#349 » by Kova » Mon Dec 9, 2019 10:49 am

I love this kid. His attitude is great. He is a definition of a 3&D player.

His form looks great. Like, when I see Mike Scott shoot I can immediately tell if it's anywhere close to getting in once the ball leaves his hand. When Tisse shoots the ball, everything looks like it's going in.

He is a tremendous fit for this team, and he'll only get better. What a steal at 20th pick!
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#350 » by Eyeamok » Mon Dec 9, 2019 12:55 pm

Im happy for this guy and our team.. I hope he continues to grow.

It maybe to early to toot my own horn, but does anyone recall when he was picked how most of the posters here were heads over heels with the pick and the trade with Boston? Most knew we had fleeced Boston again in a trade for a UW player. I was one of them....Good times.

:lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#351 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Dec 9, 2019 2:32 pm

> 2 threes, 2 steals, 1 block per 36 minutes, > 300 minutes played

2019/20 - Matisse Thybulle

2018/19 - Robert Covington

2016/17 - Robert Covington

And that's it.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#352 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 9, 2019 5:29 pm

i find thybulle to be a better defensive player than Roco. Mainly because i value individual defense more than most guys.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ukphillyfan76
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#353 » by Ukphillyfan76 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 6:17 pm

Agreed - what a steal, needs more playing time to develop offensively. When’s JRich back?
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#354 » by phillynative » Mon Dec 9, 2019 7:57 pm

Hes more athletic than covington just smaller. He is great on guards because of his quickness and size while cov was more of a wing defender.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#355 » by Kobblehead » Mon Dec 9, 2019 10:21 pm

That performance the other night was crazy. If he can provide half of that on a regular basis, he'll be a good pick. We can't have zero production from him, though. He's gotta be able to consistently produce double digit scoring on nights where he's playing 20+ mpg.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#356 » by stormi » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:31 am

76ciology wrote:i find thybulle to be a better defensive player than Roco. Mainly because i value individual defense more than most guys.

I don't think so. Not yet. His man defense isn't special yet. He gets beat off the dribble pretty often. His offball defense and instincts though are otherworldly.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#357 » by FlyingArrow » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:22 am

Kobblehead wrote:That performance the other night was crazy. If he can provide half of that on a regular basis, he'll be a good pick. We can't have zero production from him, though. He's gotta be able to consistently produce double digit scoring on nights where he's playing 20+ mpg.

Nah. All that matters is efficiency and gravity if his defense is strong enough. If he hits the open 3 at 35% and forces people to guard him that's enough, even if he averages 3 points per game. Anything else is a bonus.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,724

Post#358 » by the_process » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:44 am

Kobblehead wrote:That performance the other night was crazy. If he can provide half of that on a regular basis, he'll be a good pick. We can't have zero production from him, though. He's gotta be able to consistently produce double digit scoring on nights where he's playing 20+ mpg.

Bruce Bowen with the ability to attack a close out is a good idea of where Matisse should be headed. Annual all-NBA defender great on and off ball averaging about 2 stocks, 30 mins per, 6 shot attempts with 3 threes, 42% from the field and 40% from three. If Matisse becomes that guy, then it's a massive win.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#359 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:13 am

stormi wrote:
76ciology wrote:i find thybulle to be a better defensive player than Roco. Mainly because i value individual defense more than most guys.

I don't think so. Not yet. His man defense isn't special yet. He gets beat off the dribble pretty often. His offball defense and instincts though are otherworldly.

He’s more engaged to his man than Roco. And if he is beat, he’d try to block the shot from behind. Which is next level defense. Roco always gets beat on defense and plays with the Fultz style fake lazy demeanor.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#360 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:14 am

He’s already a good pick. Even before he stepped on the court, i already said he should be a lotto material.

He’s like 10x better than what that kings pick got the Celts

Return to Philadelphia 76ers