OT Sports, NFL, MMA, MLB, or any other sports

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kdab
Senior
And1: 378

Re: OT - NFL, College Basketball, other sports 

Post#601 » by Kdab » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:37 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Kdab wrote:And an interception to end the game. Time to put the nail in this season.

He's been making a lot of terrible passes, and throwing into heavy coverage. They just showed on sportscenter that he has 61 losses by 7 points or less, the most in the super bowl era.

Rivers is a good QB but I don't think I can call him clutch. Just going from memory, he definitely has ended more games with an interception for a loss than a TD for a win. Though he has also played with a lot of bad O-lines. Hope they're healthier next season.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Re: OT - NCAA Basketball (AZ Wildcats on ESPN2 now), Football, NFL, other sports 

Post#602 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:37 am

Anyone interested in the AZ Wildcats tournament, they are starting right now on ESPN2.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - NCAA Football & Basketball, NFL, other sports 

Post#603 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Would love to see Michigan beat Ohio St today and Auburn beat Alabama....want to see Utah get a team in the playoff. Don't care about UA since they suck...not sure what happened to them this year. How did Tate get worse every year under this new coach. Is this coach any good?

I guess UA basketball doesn't play the championship against Wake Forest until Sunday. Nico Mannion with another nice game last night. 24 points on 11-14 shooting, 2-4 from 3, 4 assists (lower than avg though..not sure he had any in 1st half), a couple steals.

Nnaji looking good and Chase Jeter having a great game 8-9 from the field. Hopefully all the freshman keep getting better before conference play, and of course the games get tougher now with Wake, Baylor coming up and then Gonzaga in a few games. I imagine they lose at least one of those latter two, if not both, but could be a wake up call after barely beating these bad teams the last couple games...pulled away against Penn but it was close for awhile.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - NCAA Football & Basketball, NFL, other sports 

Post#604 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 12:29 am

WOW, crazy end to the Auburn/Alabama game. Glad Bama lost though. PAC12 has chance for playoff for once.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - NCAA Basketball, NFL, other sports 

Post#605 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:40 am

Funky Tut wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Funky Tut wrote:Brutal sport night for me, Suns lose, coyotes lose, and Arizona gets destroyed by Gonzaga at home, fun times.

Well, AZ didn't get destroyed...it looked like they might but came roaring back and fouled down by 2 at the end and lost by 4. But they are barely losing to really good teams and are REALLY young. They look like a team that will be really good come tourney time. Only losses to Gonzaga and Baylor...those won't really hurt in seeding either. Oregon beating Michigan was big too for PAC 12 and for us too since any win against Oregon will be a big one, and even a loss won't be seen as a bad one.

Maybe I am just pessimistic but to me, these losses show that we will struggle against elite tourney teams. We need to rattle off some wins against some top 25 teams, I would feel a little better. I feel like we should have beat Gonzaga at home.

Yeah, but a team like Gonzaga is a vet team....Oregon probably too. We rely heavily on three freshman who have NEVER faced this type of competition before and are learning to. So far before these games, they had played terrible teams (other than Wake Forest) and before that, they were used to being the best players in high school.

These games are showing them what it takes. Now when they were beating a team like Pepperdine by 1 I was worried, but they are showing they are going to compete with tough teams, even ones that are tough every year and have a lot of upper classmen used to playing tough competition. This looks like their best team in years to me.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - NCAA Basketball, NFL, other sports 

Post#606 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:31 am

I anyone is tired of the Suns by the half, the 10-2 Wildcats play 10-2 St Johns on ESPN 2 at 8PM MST.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401168466
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - AZ/St Johns 8 PM ESPN 2 

Post#607 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:36 am

Man, St Johns is shooting 35% overall and 15% from 3 and are beating AZ by 15. Not good.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - NCAA Basketball (ASU vs UA tonight), NFL Playoffs (2 games today), other sports 

Post#608 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 12:55 am

What a crazy Bills/Texans game.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Re: OT - NCAA Basketball (ASU vs UA tonight), NFL Playoffs (2 games today), other sports 

Post#609 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jan 5, 2020 4:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:What a crazy Bills/Texans game.
Both games tonight were pretty wild. Vrabel pulled some Belichickian clock manipulation and Derrick Henry was pretty unstoppable.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#610 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 4:57 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Both games tonight were pretty wild. Vrabel pulled some Belichickian clock manipulation and Derrick Henry was pretty unstoppable.

Yes, phenomenal start to the NFL playoffs. You basically had to watch each game to the end. We did our predictions in the NFL forum and the only game where I commented that it was really tough to call, and that it would be really close, was the Buffalo/Houston one, and picked Houston because of Watt returning. And as good as Watson was, I think Watt changed the game. Josh Allen went from looking awesome to looking scared as hell at one point.

And I picked Tennessee to win. I picked Seattle and New Orleans to win tomorrow but despite that, I'd prefer to see Philly and Minnesota win.

I did predict Baltimore beats the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Nice win by the Cats tonight too. With the best game coming from the guy in my avatar...if this guy could shoot 3s, I think he'd make for a great PF for us. The guy has that Oubre type energy and is a great rebounder, defender and scorer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#611 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 9:31 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

Another wild one.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Re: OT: Cardinals Draft + bonus 

Post#612 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 6, 2020 5:00 am

darealjuice wrote:DK Metcalf is the next Christine Michael for the Seahawks. All SPARQ, no production. Dude can run like 2 routes. Andy Isabella is an open field playmaker, not a guy that can only run in a straight line like Metcalf.

Read on Twitter

Kerrsed wrote:I think there was a HUGE mistake made there and we will regret it as Metcalf will be a BEAST in the league.

I think the Cardinals need to hire you as a scout! :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - #24 Arizona @ #9 Oregon, on ESPN 1/9, 7pm MST, other NCAA Basketball, NFL Playoffs, other sports 

Post#613 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:09 am

Can Arizona upset Oregon? Hopefully they play them close. Wouldn't be a bad loss, but would be a great win. A great PG matchup. Oregon is always full of gritty vets...so of course they have a senior Wooden award finalist in Payton Pritchard and AZ has a raw freshman in Mannion.

I'm glad they face Oregon early, because they always play very physical and it will be a good early conference test.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - #24 Arizona @ #9 Oregon, on ESPN 1/9, 7pm MST, other NCAA Basketball, NFL Playoffs, other sports 

Post#614 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:13 am

Mannion on fire. Gotta love Bill Walton "They haven't won in Oregon in 5 years since the days of the great Stanley Johnson, now with the World Champion Toronto Raptors."
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Post#615 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:33 am

Great start so far by Zona let's hope they keep it going and finally beat a ranked team. BW, what do you think of Mannion as a player? If he somehow ends up as backup pg behind Rubio will he flourish here?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#616 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:15 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Great start so far by Zona let's hope they keep it going and finally beat a ranked team. BW, what do you think of Mannion as a player? If he somehow ends up as backup pg behind Rubio will he flourish here?

I won't judge players too early. He hasn't put up great #s so far. What I can say I do like is you can tell he has a ton of confidence, but not in a cocky type of way, so he is a great communicator on the floor and he will first try to set up others and let things get going. But will score when needed...and can be very clutch at the end...seems like a VERY smart player.

I just need to see more of him. I haven't watched every single AZ game so just need to see him against tougher conference opponents. He wasn't always great against the toughest ones, but after losing to Gonzaga and Baylor, they are now ranked #1 and #4, and AZ played them both close with mostly freshmen.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs (Ravens vs Titans on now), NCAA Basketball (ASU vs Oregon on soon), other sports 

Post#617 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:24 am

Not a great first NFL playoff game. Hopefully this one is a good one. Expected the Ravens to dominate, but thought Derrick Henry running it with ball control, keeping Lamar Jackson and the Ravens off the field as much as possible, might be the best chance against the Ravens. Tannehill and the best passer rating in the NFL this year too...very underrated.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs (Ravens vs Titans on now), NCAA Basketball (ASU vs Oregon on soon), other sports 

Post#618 » by DirtyDez » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:13 am

My Saints/Ravens SB bracket looking good rn.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#619 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:57 pm

DirtyDez wrote:My Saints/Ravens SB bracket looking good rn.

Now Houston crushing KC....pretty crazy AFC playoffs.

Return to Phoenix Suns