Games with 9+ assists and 1 or less turnovers:

Rubio 7
LeBron 4
then 7 guys with 2
and 23 guys with 1

Games with 11+ assists and 4+ steals:

Rubio 3
Rest of NBA 6

AST – TO ratio (MIN 10 games played and 23 minutes per game)

Ricky Rubio 4.88
Marcus Smart 3.64
= Difference of 1.24
Draymond Green 2.41
= Difference of 1.23
Marcus Smart is closer to #31 then he is #1.

And Ricky has missed 5.5 games too.
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Re: Welcome Ricky Rubio 

Post#543 » by Jorgeglez7 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:07 am

PharmD wrote:Stealing this from BSOS:

Games with 9+ assists and 1 or less turnovers:

Rubio 7
LeBron 4
then 7 guys with 2
and 23 guys with 1

Games with 11+ assists and 4+ steals:

Rubio 3
Rest of NBA 6

AST – TO ratio (MIN 10 games played and 23 minutes per game)

Ricky Rubio 4.88
Marcus Smart 3.64
= Difference of 1.24
Draymond Green 2.41
= Difference of 1.23
Marcus Smart is closer to #31 then he is #1.

And Ricky has missed 5.5 games too.

I mean, up to now his season is being completely crazy.

Meanwhile in Minnesota you can see Jeff Teague playing.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,032

Post#544 » by sunsbg » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:43 pm

I imagine Ricky can get to 12apg next season after they learn each others game this season.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#545 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#546 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:10 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder who it is who want more shots or more time with the ball. I don't think he's talking about Booker because Monty mentioned that sometimes Booker passes on too many shots because he wants to get people involved or something like that.
TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#547 » by TheLogician » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Yet he’s out with an illness? Why say anything at all?
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#548 » by Dual » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:28 pm

He is talking in general i guess, but he said other things stronger than this comments about trade period and people trying to stat pad etc...
To me is clear that something happened to the team a while ago, effort is not there.
There is an article about what he said:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/platform/amp/2019/12/21/21032912/rubio-no-heart-in-okc-loss-too-much-worry-about-trade-talk-selfish-play

They think he is talking about Baynes, as he is the one who's effort and level has been trash lately. But who knows, I think Ricky tried different ways to shake the guys up and this one is a desperate one before everything's go in the wrong way.
Dual
Veteran

Post#549 » by Dual » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:33 pm

TheLogician wrote:Yet he’s out with an illness? Why say anything at all?

He was already ill yesterday night as Gina Mizell point on twitter, I guess now he is worst.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#550 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Dual wrote:He is talking in general i guess, but he said other things stronger than this comments about trade period and people trying to stat pad etc...
To me is clear that something happened to the team a while ago, effort is not there.
There is an article about what he said:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/platform/amp/2019/12/21/21032912/rubio-no-heart-in-okc-loss-too-much-worry-about-trade-talk-selfish-play

They think he is talking about Baynes, as he is the one who's effort and level has been trash lately. But who knows, I think Ricky tried different ways to shake the guys up and this one is a desperate one before everything's go in the wrong way.

I wouldn't have thought it was Baynes, but when Monty decided after Baynes being such an important factor early, that upon his return he would back up Frank Kaminsky, I could imagine he might not be too enthused. I wouldn't be if I were him. This guy was a key player in Boston and Frank was riding the pine in Charlotte. And Baynes was one of our 2 or 3 most impactful or important players the first 10 games after Ayton's suspension. So if we can't understand why he would back up Kaminsky, I can't imagine what he is thinking. I think I mentioned before that I felt early he might actually like it here (after thinking before the season he would probably want to get bought out to join a contender at some point later in the season), but after backing up Kaminsky, it would probably make sense for him to want to go somewhere he can make a bigger impact than backing up Kaminsky. I can imagine he wasn't too happy with Monty but at least Monty started him in the last game.
Dual
Veteran

Post#551 » by Dual » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:02 am

Whoever is, 1,2,3, I would trade them all, we need everybody buying in the project, just one guy disturbing that process can kill everything.
Dual
Veteran

Post#552 » by Dual » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#553 » by Saberestar » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:32 pm

Rubio is putting his best career numbers in points (14.1), assists (9.2) and turnovers (just 2.5) per game. And his shooting percentage from two (45.5%) is the best one too, that indicates that he is finishing better at the rim.

He is playing great on both sides of the court... can we consider him a borderline All Star this season? I would love to hear his name in the conversation during the next month.
Dual
Veteran

Post#554 » by Dual » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Saberestar wrote:Rubio is putting his best career numbers in points (14.1), assists (9.2) and turnovers (just 2.5) per game. And his shooting percentage from two (45.5%) is the best one too, that indicates that he is finishing better at the rim.

He is playing great on both sides of the court... can we consider him a borderline All Star this season? I would love to hear his name in the conversation during the next month.

I dont think he will ever play an allstar game, as his stats will never be eye popping.
But thanks for your post man, I'm glad in this forum Ricky is getting recognized for what he brings.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#555 » by hollywood6964 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Saberestar wrote:Rubio is putting his best career numbers in points (14.1), assists (9.2) and turnovers (just 2.5) per game. And his shooting percentage from two (45.5%) is the best one too, that indicates that he is finishing better at the rim.

It'll take winning to do something like that, with him making big plays in tight moments, something he hasn't done. Something nobody on the team has done, hence the last second losses over n over n over again (except last night, they backed into a win).
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,624

Post#556 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:53 pm

I thought Rubio would struggle a little more this season since we're a less organised and experienced squad than he's used to playing with and of course playing alongside Booker who's been the so everything guy for the team for the last few years raised some questions for me.

But to see him having one of his best season's with us is a pleasant surprise and honestly, I love seeing the ball in his hand. Yeah he's still not a good shooter but he has hit some clutch shots and his playmaking is as excellent as always. It just feels good to have the ball in the hands of a competent, experienced and confident playmaker; something we've lacked since Nash
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#557 » by LesGrossman » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:33 am

hollywood6964 wrote:

It'll take winning to do something like that, with him making big plays in tight moments, something he hasn't done. Something nobody on the team has done, hence the last second losses over n over n over again (except last night, they backed into a win).

I think Rubio hit a few late key shots (and missed a few). Its hard for anyone to make big plays if Monty goes to iso book for pretty much the fourth quarter in close games. And i dont think that it is a prerequisite for being an allstar, either. That is just one aspect.

In general i think Ricky has deserved to be in all star consideration just as much as Booker if not more.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#558 » by hollywood6964 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:00 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:

I think Rubio hit a few late key shots (and missed a few). Its hard for anyone to make big plays if Monty goes to iso book for pretty much the fourth quarter in close games. And i dont think that it is a prerequisite for being an allstar, either. That is just one aspect.

In general i think Ricky has deserved to be in all star consideration just as much as Booker if not more.

Booker isoing is **** stupid. I probably say it more than anyone. Monty acts like he's got Kobe Bryant in his prime with that bull.
Dual
Veteran

Post#559 » by Dual » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:40 pm

hollywood6964 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:It'll take winning to do something like that, with him making big plays in tight moments, something he hasn't done. Something nobody on the team has done, hence the last second losses over n over n over again (except last night, they backed into a win).

Booker isoing is **** stupid. I probably say it more than anyone. Monty acts like he's got Kobe Bryant in his prime with that bull.

It happend in Utah too with Mitchell and the result was awful. Except that from time to time Mitchel makes incredible clutch shots, but the rest of 90% of the time was useless.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#560 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:49 pm

hollywood6964 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:It'll take winning to do something like that, with him making big plays in tight moments, something he hasn't done. Something nobody on the team has done, hence the last second losses over n over n over again (except last night, they backed into a win).

I used to say it a lot, but I can't complain too much any more about his tendencies. At the beginning of the season he was playing within the system and we were winning. Eventually if he isos too much people won't like playing with him much unless it was leading to a ton of wins like Harden does...and he is just surrounded by mostly role players...spot up shooters, a guy like Tucker, Capela. Seems we have weapons for great team ball.

Return to Phoenix Suns