Isaiah Thomas Suspended 2 Games For Entering Stands

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Isaiah Thomas Suspended 2 Games For Entering Stands  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:26 am

Isaiah Thomas received a 2 game suspension for entering the stands during the Washington Wizards' 125-108 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Thomas confronted two fans over obscenities and gestures late in the 4th quarter.

The two fans were suspended from all Wells Fargo Center events for 12 months.

The NBA noted in the suspension that the automatic suspension is intended to prevent altercations between players and fans, and thus enforced even when a situation does not escalate. 

Via ESPN

jshow34
Ballboy
And1: 6

Re: Isaiah Thomas Suspended 2 Games For Entering Stands 

Post#2 » by jshow34 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:12 pm

2 games? That sends a terrible message. I don’t care what he feels about what that fan did, silver needs to send a message no one enters the stands. I believe you will see his happen again, probably before all star break.

Silver has done a lot of damage in his time as commish and now he’s in damage control and considering major changes to the schedules and playoff formats.

He needs to focus on the product, not the schedule not the format. The product. Too many bad teams, teams tanking etc. This is the worst it’s been in a while.

He focused on marketing the drama and storylines over the players and the ratings show the result
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Re: Isaiah Thomas Suspended 2 Games For Entering Stands 

Post#3 » by ClashCityRocker » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:34 pm

I think silver has done a good job. I believe what he is doing with the schedule changes is attempting to do what you said- improve the product. Regular season is too long and it lacks intensity and (on court) drama. I would motion that west coast games start too late and this stuff about having west coast finals games start at 10:30 is a joke. They need to change that immediately.

Return to Wiretap Discussion