ImageImage

Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1741 » by Siefer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:25 pm

I'm never not going to be salty about the TPE, but I've defended the decision on basketball grounds since the beginning. The shaky justification on not working to get that TPE is what encourages concerns about the ownership, but I thought just choosing Hill over Brogdon was sneaky close at the time, and being able to bring in Wes and RoLo made it even tougher. Overall, this move is looking better than I thought it would - the picks are a bizarre plus that we probably shouldn't have gotten, and I didn't factor in how good DDV would be with the playing time increase.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1742 » by Bucksmaniac » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:43 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Plossum wrote:If DDV and Wes can keep it up it neutralises the Brogs loss. But if they wet the bed come playoffs we’re really going to notice it.

brogdon has been a poor playoff performer generally. i don't understand why if the new guys wet the bed he'd be a fix. i think we saw yesterday what good defenses can do to him

To be fair, two of his three seasons he was coming back from injury during the Playoffs; most players would be a bit rusty in such circumstances. Of course, given his injury history, perhaps that will be the reality more often than other players. Knowing what we do now, I’m not upset that the FO did not prioritize him and figure like most that it just wasn’t in the cards to satisfy him.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#1743 » by JEIS » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:57 pm

I think we made a sound move. We gave up Delly, Henson, a first and a second for Hill. Resigned Hill for less than half of what Brogdon got, and got back a first and second with the Brogdon trade.

Then Horst did some blow and signed Kris to that contract.

Brogdon was a nice player, but he wasn't a star level player, his back and foot were a concern.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 418

Post#1744 » by smauss » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:00 am

JEIS wrote:I think we made a sound move. We gave up Delly, Henson, a first and a second for Hill. Resigned Hill for less than half of what Brogdon got, and got back a first and second with the Brogdon trade.

Then Horst did some blow and signed Kris to that contract.

Brogdon was a nice player, but he wasn't a star level player, his back and foot were a concern.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#1745 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:06 am

Plossum wrote:He was 13/5/3.5 last year at 55 TS% as like our fourth/fifth option. What more did you expect?

not much more than that. I was responding to your comment that hed be a fix for something if this years 4th 5th options average similar numbers
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#1746 » by ackypoo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:20 pm

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1747 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:23 pm

I look at that and think damn Khris is having a superstar season.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#1748 » by ackypoo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I look at that and think damn Khris is having a superstar season.

switched brown out and put hill in.

hill too though, and divencenzo.

point being, these guys have filled in for brogdon and we havent missed a beat.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#1749 » by skones » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I look at that and think damn Khris is having a superstar season.

He's scoring over 31 points per 100 possessions which puts him top 25 in the league among guys who've played 25 games or more. Among those who've scored over 30 points per 100 possessions, he ranks 4th in TS% (behind Towns, Booker, and Harden). His volume+efficiency is going largely unnoticed because of his meh counting numbers due to low minutes played per contest.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1750 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:38 pm

Donte, 4 years younger, $17.1 million cheaper.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,727

Post#1751 » by Ayt » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:42 pm

It has been a rough new year for Brogdon. Since December 1st, he's missed 9 games and struggled badly in the games he has played.

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Post#1752 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:17 pm

I was always okay with letting Brogdon go because I really had a lot of faith in Donte to step up. But I didn't think he would step up this much. His shot is getting better and he's been key on defense. Add on top Wes is playing awesome this year too after a slow start. Those two combined probably give you a comparable player on a much cheaper deal.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#1753 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I was always okay with letting Brogdon go because I really had a lot of faith in Donte to step up. But I didn't think he would step up this much. His shot is getting better and he's been key on defense. Add on top Wes is playing awesome this year too after a slow start. Those two combined probably give you a comparable player on a much cheaper deal.

Not sure you should go with "always"
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1863327
Matches Malone wrote:**** you Horst, **** you Owners, and **** you Brogdon (not really but he's the enemy now). That is all.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#1754 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Man the first couple pages of this thread are just outstanding.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1755 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:43 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I was always okay with letting Brogdon go because I really had a lot of faith in Donte to step up. But I didn't think he would step up this much. His shot is getting better and he's been key on defense. Add on top Wes is playing awesome this year too after a slow start. Those two combined probably give you a comparable player on a much cheaper deal.

Matches Malone wrote:**** you Horst, **** you Owners, and **** you Brogdon (not really but he's the enemy now). That is all.

Okay? An emotional statement because of all the toxicity we've heard rumored about with their separation, still doesn't detract from my point that when you are able to step back and look at what you have, I was still very excited for Donte to step into a larger role.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#1756 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

Okay? An emotional statement because of all the toxicity we've heard rumored about with their separation, still doesn't detract from my point that when you are able to step back and look at what you have, I was still very excited for Donte to step into a larger role.

You know they save all your old posts, right? OK I'm done. Just messing with you.

Matches Malone wrote:
giraldo5 wrote:I like this move for the Bucks. Kind of shocked by the reaction here.

We got worse in the immediate future. I'm trying hard as hell to reserve judgement until I see what/if we do anything with those newly acquired picks and trade exception.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,727

Post#1757 » by Ayt » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:Man the first couple pages of this thread are just outstanding.

I barely posted this past summer since there was so much hyperventilating about everything.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1758 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

You know they save all your old posts, right? OK I'm done. Just messing with you.

Matches Malone wrote:
giraldo5 wrote:I like this move for the Bucks. Kind of shocked by the reaction here.

We got worse in the immediate future. I'm trying hard as hell to reserve judgement until I see what/if we do anything with those newly acquired picks and trade exception.

Again, you can continue to just cherry picking out of context posts to fit your narrative that I wasn't stoked on the move and about Donte stepping in. Did we get worse in the immediate future? Yes, especially on paper. It took a little bit before both Wes and Donte really turned it on.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#1759 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:21 pm

ackypoo wrote:Image

lopez, bledsoe, ersan have a better ws/48 as well. brogdon would be like 8th on the team. how did you sort that?

nm.. saw its all the gaurds. maybe add Bledsoe too. a lot of people think it came down to the two of them and we made the right choice there as well
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,082

Post#1760 » by rilamann » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:26 pm

I'd still feel considerably more confident about our title chances if we swapped Bledsoe for Brogdon right now. The greatest threat to our title chances isn't the Lakers or the Clippers or the Sixers, it's playoff Bledsoe.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks