ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on Rondo so far?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Re: Thoughts on Rondo so far? 

Post#81 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:18 pm

thomas1897 wrote:Does Rondo still have game and can he adjust to Lebron with the ball most of the time. If Rondo does have game and can make the adjustment required; he needs to come up with an accurate jump shot immediately.

Wait for playoff Rondo :)
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
lalalaker
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#82 » by lalalaker » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:53 am

there aint gonna be any playoff for lakers if vogel insist on giving rondo playtime. If vogel wants to use rondo then at least run offense that feature his talent more which is pick and pop or roll for assist. right now we are all just standing still waiting for play to develop what other teams do you see playing like this. look at how even GSW runs the offense freeing up teammates using off the ball screens and ball movement. We got no such movements with the ball and that much is so dam obvious to everyone but the lakers and its coach. WTF are we watching every game with vogel that seems to change. Vogel is always coming up with excuse that is not related to him when he himself have parts that should be blamed. coachs that never admit to their mistake and wont fix it is recipe for disaster lakers wont win anything with talent alone. hell i wish steve kerr would coach lakers. why cant lakers hire a coach by actual coaching and not by name.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#83 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:32 am

My thought is that I prefer Rondo than the circle-jerk LA hero Caruso, even though Rajon is not good defensively.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#84 » by SweetTouch » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:30 pm

He’s such a scrub that I rather watch Caruso play

Where’s Derek fisher when you need him
Stop being so disrespectful.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#85 » by Slava » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:02 pm

He's **** horrible. It would be a travesty if you could get LeBron and Davis in one team and then sabotage the whole ship with Rondo tied to them as an anchor.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#86 » by SweetTouch » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Till this day I’m still wondering how we got stuck with this guy

Last year it was him and lance Stephenson, now we got this guy again
Stop being so disrespectful.
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 644

Post#87 » by Desiderium » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:42 pm

We were a much better team when he was hurt. His inability to shoot, and do anything really is hurting us big time. More mins for Caruso and spot mins for Daniels is better for this teams spacing and defense
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#88 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Bad
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#89 » by Showtime:Part2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:My thought is that I prefer Rondo than the circle-jerk LA hero Caruso, even though Rajon is not good defensively.

So you just prefer to turn a blind eye to analytics and what’s actually on the court. Just have an irrational hatred for Caruso bc fans like him (weird but ok)

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#90 » by Kilroy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:47 pm

AB at least brings defensive intensity... Caruso does too, to a lesser extent, but with more length... But neither of them are legit scoring threats... Rondo can't defend without fouling, and he's not really a scoring threat either.

Caruso looks lost over the last few games...

We need to dump all but one of our current guards and get a scoring guard.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#91 » by thebigbird » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:35 am

I tried telling y'all a month ago that Rondo was hot garbage. The only thing he had going for him was his 3 point shooting, and that has disappeared. 4/22 from 3 over the past 6 games.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#92 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:57 am

I had expected him to play like he did last year before the holidays, which was quite alright, so I’m underwhelmed and disappointed so far.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#93 » by evilpimp972 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#94 » by Dr Aki » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Y'all laughed when I wanted Lance back at the minimum
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#95 » by evilpimp972 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:46 pm

Lance would be a great fit.
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#96 » by LALifer49 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 7:41 am

I soooo hope we get collison and this thread becomes irrelevant
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#97 » by thebigbird » Thu Jan 2, 2020 3:13 pm

Rondo is the most dangerous type of player in the entire NBA. He is complete trash but has convinced his team and the casual fan that he still has it. That means that he's going to keep getting undeserved minutes and keep cratering the team during them.

Last night he had a 77.4 offensive rating and a 109.1 defensive rating, for a -31.7 net rating. In the first half he had a 77.8 offensive rating in a game in which the Lakers scored 74 first half points and led by 33. His 5.6 first half net rating was by far the worst on the team. KCP was the next lowest at... 19.5.

Rondo can't keep playing if the Lakers want to be a contender. He is horrendous on both sides of the ball.
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#98 » by thebigbird » Sat Jan 4, 2020 2:57 pm

Rondo has a -48.1 net rating over the last two games and has been the reason why lebron/AD have not been able to sit the 4th quarter. He's one of the worst players in the league at this point and completely tanks things whenever he comes in, but Vogel continues to insist on playing him. It's ridiculous.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#99 » by bb22 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:42 pm

thebigbird wrote:Rondo has a -48.1 net rating over the last two games and has been the reason why lebron/AD have not been able to sit the 4th quarter. He's one of the worst players in the league at this point and completely tanks things whenever he comes in, but Vogel continues to insist on playing him. It's ridiculous.

The inevitable injury to Rondo might be the only way to tell if it really is Rondo’s presence that’s coughing up these big leads. It is quite annoying. Rondo is also beloved by the coaching staff, AD, Boogie and Lebron (to an extent). So it’s a delicate situation.

I also want to see AD initiate the offense more from behind the arc. He’s more athletic than almost all of his defenders, but soft on the perimeter. Ignoring this past game vs the Pels, he hasn’t been very good at making plays and creating his own shot. He’s at the point in his career where he should be getting the ball and dominating like Giannis, not relying on Lebron or Rondo to set him up.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#100 » by TylersLakers » Sat Jan 4, 2020 8:14 pm

It's stunning to me how Rondo has hypnotized so many people. To listen to Vogel, LeBron, AD, even Paul Pierce talk about him and how the "Lakers have a playmaker" is just insane to me. LeBron, AD & Vogel see the tape every day in film sessions. How is his play inspiring any confidence with those three guys specifically? Paul Pierce is his buddy and Championship teammate so that makes sense, but how he's hypnotized the Laker organization makes no sense.

His shot has been awful the last couple weeks and more importantly, his decision making has been really bad too. Earlier in the year, his decision making was great and he was knocking down shots. Now, none of it is happening.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers