Several Knicks Would Prefer Trade By Deadline

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Several Knicks Would Prefer Trade By Deadline 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Multiple members of the New York Knicks have said privately in recent weeks they prefer to be traded ahead of the Feb. 6 trade deadline, sources tell Ian Begley of SNY.tv.

It is not clear if any of those players have approached management about a potential trade.

The Knicks signed the majority of their 2019 free agents to short-term deals.

Marcus Morris is one player on the Knicks who has been mentioned in the media as a trade candidate. 

Via Ian Begley/SNY.tv

alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Re: Several Knicks Would Prefer Trade By Deadline 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:53 pm

Also in the news: scientists make the shocking discovery that water is wet!
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#3 » by objectivefan » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:10 pm

This is shocking news!! I thought that everyone on the worse team in the league would be happy to stay

here are the team positives

1. A new coach every 1-2 years
2. no player development, practically 1/2 of Miami heat roster are undrafted free agents.
3. Horrendous drafting,
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:17 pm

The Knicks will never be the destination and organization that it should be until ownership and management is changed. It starts at the top and that leads me to believe we have many more years to watch the Knicks flounder around.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#5 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:20 pm

So I'm supposed to believe that SEVERAL different PRIVATE conversations happened and SOURCES relayed this PRIVATE info to Ian Begley? Who then goes on to name NO ONE? :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#6 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:29 pm

Guys like Portis, Morris, Gibson, Payton and Ellington Im sure used the Knicks cap space to get paid above and beyond their market values in 1 year deals in the hopes the Knicks would deal them at TD for a lesser expiring player and a 2nd round picks so they can get paid and play for a a playoff team.

The only guy who has value is Morris as those other guys will likely just get bought out.
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#7 » by J_T » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:37 pm

alienpick wrote:Also in the news: scientists make the shocking discovery that water is wet!

Actually water is not wet.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#8 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:39 pm

In other news, scores of players have indicated to their management that they don't want to be traded to the Knicks before the trade deadline.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#9 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Duplicate
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#10 » by blind prophet » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Dolan
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#11 » by nedleeds » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:00 pm

*All ... Why would anybody want to play or coach under Mills? All the 1 year guys can go, for nothing if necessary, they eat up way too many shots for our rookie scale players or other prospects.

Maybe a contender has an injury at center and we can get rid of Randle for matching expiring and only have to throw in a 2nd rounder or DSJ.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#12 » by jlokine » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:08 pm

i hope marcus morris is black balled by 29 other teams for what he did to the spurs.. hope he is stuck as a knick for another season..
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#13 » by Diggr14 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:46 pm

I personally think you could make a roster of American players that have gone overseas to Europe on minimum NBA contracts and that roster would beat the Knicks 7/10 times.

How to build a franchise 101.

1. Trade every single malcontent
2. Trade every player of any kind of value that you do not see with your franchise +5 years from this day.
3. Fill roster with hardworking player, that might not win, but will instill work ethic within your org.
4. Draft High, Draft top talent, but avoid knuckleheads.
5. Do not give any contracts longer than 2 years until your deserving home grown players are ready to receive them. Trade all players expecting 3-4 year deals, .5-1.5 year before they hit FA.
6. If you use cap space to take on bad contracts to increase draft assets make sure they only have 1-2 years remaining maximum so you can buy them out if they are going to be locker room problems.

You do this for 3-5 years you will be in the top 4-6 in your conference with an upward trajectory.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#14 » by RipCityKJ » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:05 pm

jlokine wrote:i hope marcus morris is black balled by 29 other teams for what he did to the spurs.. hope he is stuck as a knick for another season..

Not a Spurs fan but he should defiantly have to play that contract out with Knicks for the way he handled it. I know this is a stretch but had LeBron gone to Miami the way he did and it didn't work out the entire NBA fanbase would have said tuff and mocked him relentlessly. Unfortunately Morris is having a good year and too many teams need his talent that he will probably be the first Knick traded.
floppypoppy
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#15 » by floppypoppy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:24 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:
jlokine wrote:i hope marcus morris is black balled by 29 other teams for what he did to the spurs.. hope he is stuck as a knick for another season..

Not a Spurs fan but he should defiantly have to play that contract out with Knicks for the way he handled it. I know this is a stretch but had LeBron gone to Miami the way he did and it didn't work out the entire NBA fanbase would have said tuff and mocked him relentlessly. Unfortunately Morris is having a good year and too many teams need his talent that he will probably be the first Knick traded.

he took more money and a chance to showcase his talent, increasing his overall value.
why ya'll butthurt over a man you never met, doing the best thing for his family?
it ain't personal.. get over yourself, and these feelings. people you know will thank you.
i promise :)
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#16 » by Cookin Baskets » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:46 pm

Marcus Morris should have signed with Spurs. Yes their bad too right now but their still a better organization overall. I don't who they would trade or who would be interested in anyone they are trading. Basically all the disgruntled veterans who want to win would probably be their trade targets. At any rate they need trade some Power Forwards. Teams would want Morris and Randle.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Smithers
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#17 » by Smithers » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:46 pm

This was a smart move by New York. They missed out on the big fish & decided to sign some solid vets to 1 year deals. Now they can sell these guys that aren’t part of the teams future for picks & assets. Knicks have a solid thing going for once.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,544

Post#18 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 pm

Knicks are in dire need of a Power Forward, i can see them making a move to acquire one.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Post#19 » by TheCage4 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:02 pm

Smithers wrote:This was a smart move by New York. They missed out on the big fish & decided to sign some solid vets to 1 year deals. Now they can sell these guys that aren’t part of the teams future for picks & assets. Knicks have a solid thing going for once.

Outside of Morris who is going to net them any type of assets?

Bobby Portis? The Wizards didn’t even want him. Taj Gibson? Potentially a contender, but he’d be a reserve on a team with an established rotation- not exactly a key cog. Julius Randle? He has shown what he is not playing alongside AD, and I can’t see teams lining up for him to awkwardly fire three’s. Eldridge Payton? He bombed in Orlando, NOLA and Phoenix. Three teams that needed a PG. Wayne Ellington? Everyone shoots three’s now.

No one the Knicks have outside of Barrett and Robinson is really worth anything. It’ll be a repeat of last season, where all the one-year guys walked.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#20 » by jlokine » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:13 pm

floppypoppy wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

he took more money and a chance to showcase his talent, increasing his overall value.
why ya'll butthurt over a man you never met, doing the best thing for his family?
it ain't personal.. get over yourself, and these feelings. people you know will thank you.
i promise :)

all things being equal, you're right... problem is a verbal agreement is still an agreement. when you back out of an agreement for more money or whatever reason, from a business perspective and a human perspective, it lacks integrity. if he never agreed to the spurs in the first place, spurs wouldnt have to move bertans to acquire him, no one would care that he made a personal decision to the knicks for more money and playing time. he could've just told the spurs "i am interested, but i am going to wait to observe the market and see what happens on july 1".. then the spurs could either wait or not wait.. if they move bertans to show how serious they wanted marcus, then that's on the spurs. but he gave them a verbal agreement and then the spurs moved with the assumption that they got a quality player. it ended up not working out because a man backed out of his word..

Return to Wiretap Discussion