ImageImageImageImageImage

Anthony Davis

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

footworkonpoint
Sophomore
And1: 82

Anthony Davis  

Post#1 » by footworkonpoint » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:54 pm

We all know how special this guy is and the sky is the limit, but man everytime he gets hit I cringe. Hes built like a stick is there anything he can to bulk up or should he ? I am sure his trainers know better than the average fan but the only reason I am asking is because Its a huge concern. It's not even that he hasn't played in 82 games in any season yet of his young career what happens when it gets physical in the playoffs I could totally see A Doc River team implementing cheap shots and rough physical defense not to the point where it's over the line but of the lines of the 2008 celtics he a defensive best always every where always looking for contact but hes legit under 250 what can to do to combat this maybe he needs to change his style just a bit but that wouldn't make the great player he is now I dont know thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using RealGM mobile app
footworkonpoint
Sophomore

Re: Anthony Davis  

Post#2 » by footworkonpoint » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:56 pm

Didn't know what threat to post this in sorry if I missed one.

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:15 pm

I always have said this about Brandon Ingram and others who have relatively weaker shoulders and core strength.. but they got to implement a lot of military press (barbell in front of shoulders, you dont actually have to use the shoulders but lean back a bit w proper form and use upper chest more) and squats.

They dont have to be heavy, in fact, i prefer light weights but lot of rep (in the range of 20 per set) and sort of an HIIT type of rapid movement for not particularly bigger muscles, but for better conditioning, better flexibility, strengthening fast twitch muscle fiber, better stamina and endurance (all the sort of exercises that MMA types do for real overall strength and endurance , not for 'big muscle' bodybuilding show).
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
footworkonpoint
Sophomore

Post#4 » by footworkonpoint » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:10 am

Its one thing to play the there its another to bang with the biggest strongest guys in the paint especially how he plays defensively I look at him and hes a twig do you not hes tried to bulk up some and it didn't work or wasn't effective for him or has he only been working his core his whole career ?
Beethoven wrote:I always have said this about Brandon Ingram and others who have relatively weaker shoulders and core strength.. but they got to implement a lot of military press (barbell in front of shoulders, you dont actually have to use the shoulders but lean back a bit w proper form and use upper chest more) and squats.

They dont have to be heavy, in fact, i prefer light weights but lot of rep (in the range of 20 per set) and sort of an HIIT type of rapid movement for not particularly bigger muscles, but for better conditioning, better flexibility, strengthening fast twitch muscle fiber, better stamina and endurance (all the sort of exercises that MMA types do for real overall strength and endurance , not for 'big muscle' bodybuilding show).

footworkonpoint
Sophomore

Post#5 » by footworkonpoint » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:15 am

Wow I just read he came to the league at 220 so he has added but that's so hard to even comprehend at 6"10

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#6 » by Beethoven » Thu Jan 2, 2020 8:43 pm

i dunno what else to say. I dunno, like i said, he just got to work out more stamina/endurance type exercises for the upper chest/shoulder and core.

You can be heavy and stil have a weak core. Low weight does not really mean anything, there are guys w strong cores but very skinny and light but can be thrown around and be fine. (stuntmen)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
footworkonpoint
Sophomore

Post#7 » by footworkonpoint » Mon Jan 6, 2020 4:53 am

He's put on muscle im not worried about any long term injuries with him just with his play style I don't think he csb ever go a full playoff run without nagging injuries.

First Take
Senior
And1: 414

Post#8 » by First Take » Mon Jan 6, 2020 6:56 am

He better not take the FMVP from LeBron
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#9 » by iamworthy » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:26 pm

Regarding AD's contract situation:

Recent rumors is he plans to sign a 2+1 to get his supermax. I'm not going to lie, my first thought was we need to trade him before we give him the supermax. He's an excellent player but still not the best player on a championship team.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#10 » by Slava » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:49 pm

iamworthy wrote:Regarding AD's contract situation:

Recent rumors is he plans to sign a 2+1 to get his supermax. I'm not going to lie, my first thought was we need to trade him before we give him the supermax. He's an excellent player but still not the best player on a championship team.

Even if he was half the offensive player he is, his defence alone would net him a super max. He's still only 26.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#11 » by iamworthy » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:57 pm

Slava wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Regarding AD's contract situation:

Even if he was half the offensive player he is, his defence alone would net him a super max. He's still only 26.

Oh absolutely! He'll be 29 when he's eligible for the supermax I think. He's a great player, but that supermax handicaps the hell out of basketball teams.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,968

Post#12 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:31 pm

Yeah, I'll take our chances with that.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#13 » by iamworthy » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:44 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Yeah, I'll take our chances with that.

I'm sure we will. I'm just having visions of becoming the pelicans when Bron retires, maybe worst since we don't have anyone outside of broN as good as holiday. But we are a couple Years away from all that. A lot can happen between now and then. I was just thinking about it.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,968

Post#14 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:51 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:Yeah, I'll take our chances with that.

I'm sure we will. I'm just having visions of becoming the pelicans when Bron retires, maybe worst since we don't have anyone outside of broN as good as holiday. But we are a couple Years away from all that. A lot can happen between now and then. I was just thinking about it.

We could very well be, and that would suck. Maybe we'll be able to line everything up to carve out space to bring on another star. Maybe we can still do that while convincing LeBron to take a minimum deal and be our aging gracefully Oscar Robertson. As you note, a lot can happen.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#15 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:34 pm

I think he might surprise us... I think his first concern is winning multiple championships. I think he might work with Klutch to get more talent here and still get paid, if not the full supermax.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#16 » by Slava » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:49 pm

Supermax at 35% of the cap still leaves you with 65% of the cap for the team to work with. Add another star at 30% of the cap and you still have another 35% plus the MLE. The point is to have a clean cap otherwise and avoid Mozgov and Deng type deals.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#17 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:58 pm

So with the NBA ratings on a down trend the cap may decrease in the future would that have an effect as far as the amount a super max is.

Btw I came to this thread hoping to talk about his gluteus Maximus but whatever.
Forum permissions