Warriors To Waive Marquese Chriss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Warriors To Waive Marquese Chriss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:14 am

The Golden State Warriors will waive Marquese Chriss, league sources told Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.

Chriss signed a 1-year, $1.67 million deal with the Warriors in September.

Chriss averaged 7.3 points and 5.4 rebounds on the season. 

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

WuriderX
Junior
And1: 403

Re: Warriors To Waive Marquese Chriss 

Post#2 » by WuriderX » Tue Jan 7, 2020 12:55 pm

I thought that Chriss was doing well? What happened?
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,373

Post#3 » by Billl » Tue Jan 7, 2020 2:32 pm

Wow, chriss must have some serious lockerroom issues. You don't cut a young rotation player on a tiny deal unless they are a major disruption.
Zespetjest
Junior
And1: 631

Post#4 » by Zespetjest » Tue Jan 7, 2020 2:33 pm

WuriderX wrote:I thought that Chriss was doing well? What happened?

His career highlight was pushing Luka into the cameramen.
31 11 13, 48 11 5
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#5 » by Am2626 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:01 pm

This is what happens when guys leave for the NBA too early. He should have stayed in college and developed his game. Things will get worst when they start allowing high school players to jump to the NBA again.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,332

Post#6 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:09 pm

They’re trying to cut salary to get out of luxury tax. They got a bit more to go though.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#7 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:02 pm

How much farther do they have to get under? Does Looney just get traded into an exception and/or space? If so, would that get them under the tax?
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#8 » by Elnegron » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:40 pm

Chris should sign a 2 way contract with Miami Heat if he wants to stay in the league. Heat can really develop him
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#9 » by tigerae » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:14 pm

Am2626 wrote:

This is what happens when guys leave for the NBA too early. He should have stayed in college and developed his game. Things will get worst when they start allowing high school players to jump to the NBA again.
Maybe if the NCAA decide to give better incentives to young kids they would look at going to school.

I'm not talking just money, though at the very least they should be allowed to get endorsement deals. But I am talking about assurances like lifetime insurances (medical, dental, disability, etc.) so they are in good hands if they get hurt during their time there or because of the game in later years (see football for example). Lifetime scholarships, so they can always come back and get new degree from the college or be able to finish college tuition free if they have a career ending injury or get cut.

They make billions off of these kids so it is only fair to give them at least some assurances.

The nonsense of they are getting a great education while they are there is stupid. While they are there, most of the time is spent in the gym, travelling, practicing, playing the game.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#10 » by nedleeds » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:37 pm

Clown.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#11 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:41 pm

nedleeds wrote:Clown.

I think Chriss has mental issues. He's fine physically and is athletic, but when things do not go his way he ends up in a funk and bringing himself down. Good riddance as this is what Chriss has exhibited with the Warriors and other teams. Go avoiding the repeater's lux tax for Warriors!
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#12 » by Am2626 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 9:04 pm

tigerae wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

Maybe if the NCAA decide to give better incentives to young kids they would look at going to school.

I'm not talking just money, though at the very least they should be allowed to get endorsement deals. But I am talking about assurances like lifetime insurances (medical, dental, disability, etc.) so they are in good hands if they get hurt during their time there or because of the game in later years (see football for example). Lifetime scholarships, so they can always come back and get new degree from the college or be able to finish college tuition free if they have a career ending injury or get cut.

They make billions off of these kids so it is only fair to give them at least some assurances.

The nonsense of they are getting a great education while they are there is stupid. While they are there, most of the time is spent in the gym, travelling, practicing, playing the game.

I agree completely. The NCAA is corrupt. There is no reason why a college athlete cannot money off their likeness. That needs to change immediately.

Return to Wiretap Discussion