Image ImageImage Image

Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,894

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#81 » by RSP83 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:57 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
RSP83 wrote:I want to see Rose play in a stage that matters. I'd rather see him play for a contender. I'm surprised he's not signed by any of the Bucks, Heat, Clippers or any of the playoff team. Rose is still very good, especially as a sixthman.

You do know he plays for the pistons right? Your post reads like he out the league lol

You do know Pistons is not a contender right? and regular season on a losing team equals irrelevancy.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,005

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#82 » by MrSparkle » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:42 pm

I dunno man. Rose might get an in-game ankle injury, and Boylen/Tanaka might wait it out instead of burning the timeout.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#83 » by FriedRise » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:01 pm

MrSparkle wrote:I dunno man. Rose might get an in-game ankle injury, and Boylen/Tanaka might wait it out instead of burning the timeout.

"We practice playing 4-on-5 all the time just in case one of us goes down. The more we practice these different scenarios, the less I have to coach."
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#84 » by aramada » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:01 pm

Pistons are close to rebuilding and would want assets. If we go for it it’s because we want to compete. Dunn / Val would bring nothing to detroit other than the need to pay up this summer. It would also remove our best defensive play maker.
Most natural win-win would be around Rose for White as rose takes Cobys possession and makes them 10000x better. Of course value is off so maybe Rose and Kennard for White, Val, and Felicio?
rocbullsfan
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#85 » by rocbullsfan » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:25 pm

Trade for him? They coulda just signed him for peanuts instead of signing a bunch of bums in the offseason. How bout we fire gar pax first.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#86 » by Am2626 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:58 pm

rocbullsfan wrote:Trade for him? They coulda just signed him for peanuts instead of signing a bunch of bums in the offseason. How bout we fire gar pax first.

Agreed. Before discussing any Roster moves this organization needs to be cleansed of GarPax and Boylen. I’m rooting for the Bulls to lose every game until these changes are made. I don’t care if they finish 13-69 for the year.
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#88 » by FranchisePlayer » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:46 pm

Dan Z wrote:Why do some of you want him back so badly? Do you think he'll turn this team around?

I only jumped the wagon when I saw Felicio's name as a trade bait. To me, he's the worst player and his contract is the worst (although Young's catching him up) in this team. The sooner they get rid of him, the better.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,133

Post#89 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Bringing him back would be a feel-good story this franchise desperately needs right now.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#90 » by bullsnewdynasty » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:09 am

I was always of the belief that Rose was a WAY better fit for this team than Sato, and still continue to believe this.

Signing Rose was always a no-brainer to me simply because of the fan interest he would generate alone, but he has shown to have plenty of game left given some load management. I would be very much in favor of getting him as long as the return demanded was minimal.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#91 » by bullsnewdynasty » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:13 am

dougthonus wrote:
Am2626 wrote:If he is already with the team and has a level of comfort I think resigning him becomes easier. Playing in Chicago means a lot to Rose. If he gets traded here and does well I don’t see him playing for another team again.

Maybe not, but I think you would still have that same vibe if you extended an offer to him when he's a FA. Beyond that, He's going to be 33 that year. Even assuming that Rose will stay after his contract is up, it's pretty dangerous to assume you'd want him to stay as a player.

I think this is just mostly nostalgia for fans. If it was a John Smith on the same deal, no one would be talking about this type of stuff, and once Rose is here and we realize it isn't the 2010/11 season and he's giving you pedestrian performance that turns into poor performance then you won't feel good about that nostalgia anymore and in fact it will be ruined more.

Rose has a 22 PER which is easily better than anyone the Bulls have. Say what you want about his defensive limitations but as a pure scorer he is about as good as he has ever been after considering his reduced minutes.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#92 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:17 am

I love D-Rose. I don't see the point in trading for him.

He's playing great ball. I think if we were a competitive team and we showed interest in the off-season, he would 100% be a Bull. He wants a return. But as it stands right now there's nothing really to gain for trading for him, I would say. But yes, I would love for him to be a Bull again before it's all said and done.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#93 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:30 am

GimmeDat wrote:I love D-Rose. I don't see the point in trading for him.

He's playing great ball. I think if we were a competitive team and we showed interest in the off-season, he would 100% be a Bull. He wants a return. But as it stands right now there's nothing really to gain for trading for him, I would say. But yes, I would love for him to be a Bull again before it's all said and done.

Yeah, this is where I'm at with retaining him also.

Despite my feelings towards him and the entire situation leading up to the trade, he has really rebuilt his career and has done great the past season and a half. But as you mentioned what's the point? For the Bulls fans to have something to actually root for? Because from the looks of it, we're not a playoff team, and I don't think he is going to be that difference maker which makes us a playoff team, if anything, he may provide us with a few more wins which decreases our odds in the draft.

I'd be more inclined to look to acquire him in the off season, and go with the point guards of Derrick and Sato, with hopefully Dunn being resigned as another back up for the often injuried Derrick, as all three of those players can play both guard positions, so they should get ample time. Of course then there is also Coby, but again, he can play both positions, but at least that would bolster a weak position.
Why so serious?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#94 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:36 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I love D-Rose. I don't see the point in trading for him.

Yeah, this is where I'm at with retaining him also.

Despite my feelings towards him and the entire situation leading up to the trade, he has really rebuilt his career and has done great the past season and a half. But as you mentioned what's the point? For the Bulls fans to have something to actually root for? Because from the looks of it, we're not a playoff team, and I don't think he is going to be that difference maker which makes us a playoff team, if anything, he may provide us with a few more wins which decreases our odds in the draft.

I'd be more inclined to look to acquire him in the off season, and go with the point guards of Derrick and Sato, with hopefully Dunn being resigned as another back up for the often injuried Derrick, as all three of those players can play both guard positions, so they should get ample time. Of course then there is also Coby, but again, he can play both positions, but at least that would bolster a weak position.

Right now we're 4 games out of the playoffs. Detroit is likely to rebuild, so it seems probable that we'll leapfrog them in the standings. Orlando is vulnerable with Isaac being injured for the next two months. Brooklyn has been slumping and (maybe this is good for them) it appears that Kyrie is going to out longer than expected. The Hornets are also struggling and have only won 3 of their last 10 games.

It's not really difficult to envision a key addition or two pushing us directly into that playoff race. Rose is having an amazing season. None of our point guards can consistently score or get to the rim. Rose can. He also probably would limit LaVine playing so much hero ball in the 4th, and might help us overcome our third-quarter woes.

On top of that, I do think it's important for the spirit of this franchise to pique the interest of the fanbase again. Everything about this team is negative, and I think a little bit of positivity and happiness can be important from a mental and team spirit standpoint.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#95 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:45 am

Below's a comparison of his MVP season and this season PER 36:

10-11: 24.1 ppg, 7.4 apg, 3.9 rpg, 1.0 spg, 0.6 bpg, 45% FG, 86% FT, 33% 3PT, 6.6 FTA, 1.5 3PM, 23.5 PER
19-20: 25.1 ppg, 8.3 apg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 spg, 0.5 bpg, 49% FG, 87% FT, 32.6% 3PT, 4.0 FTA, 1.4 3PM, 21.9 PER

Rose's is really having a remarkable season. From a per-minute basis not that far off from his MVP season. I think all the people who keep saying that they don't see how he helps us improve this year are really missing how good he's playing. He looked fantastic last season, but he's raised his game to an even higher level this year.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#97 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:47 am

aramada wrote:Pistons are close to rebuilding and would want assets. If we go for it it’s because we want to compete. Dunn / Val would bring nothing to detroit other than the need to pay up this summer. It would also remove our best defensive play maker.
Most natural win-win would be around Rose for White as rose takes Cobys possession and makes them 10000x better. Of course value is off so maybe Rose and Kennard for White, Val, and Felicio?

You want to trade our #7 pick (Coby) for DRose? I wouldn’t call that a win-win........at all.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 729

Post#98 » by Hold That » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:18 pm

SHO'NUFF wrote:
aramada wrote:Pistons are close to rebuilding and would want assets. If we go for it it’s because we want to compete. Dunn / Val would bring nothing to detroit other than the need to pay up this summer. It would also remove our best defensive play maker.

You want to trade our #7 pick (Coby) for DRose? I wouldn’t call that a win-win........at all.

At this point Coby White doesn’t even look like a 7th pick he looks like a mid to late first round talent. Regardless of where he’s picked it’s all about what he’s shown thus far.

Many of us on this board felt Cobys ceiling is basically the role Rose is playing right now for the pistons. And it’s not even a given he becomes that good. He’s no Ben Gordon that’s for sure
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#99 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:37 am

Hold That wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:

At this point Coby White doesn’t even look like a 7th pick he looks like a mid to late first round talent. Regardless of where he’s picked it’s all about what he’s shown thus far.

Many of us on this board felt Cobys ceiling is basically the role Rose is playing right now for the pistons. And it’s not even a given he becomes that good. He’s no Ben Gordon that’s for sure

Coby White is 19 years old. He's a teenager...... But you've already figured him out?
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#100 » by MeloRoseNoah » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:41 am

rocbullsfan wrote:Trade for him? They coulda just signed him for peanuts instead of signing a bunch of bums in the offseason. How bout we fire gar pax first.

Amen.

We burned 16-17 mil/yr for the next 2 years signing bums like Kornet and Thaddeus Young. D rose was ready to sign for 7-8 mil/yr for the next 4-5 years and retire as a Bulls.

I want all the bum ass talent evaluators starting with GarPax to be gone asap.

Return to Chicago Bulls