Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Re: The Jarrett Culver Thread 

Post#541 » by Klomp » Mon Jan 6, 2020 11:49 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#542 » by Mattya » Tue Jan 7, 2020 12:06 am

1. He has a different pep in his step the past week or so.

2. He man defense has been good all season, but his awareness on rotations and switches have already vastly improved.

3. I haven't seen the advanced stats, but I'm convinced he is our 2nd best perimeter defender already.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#543 » by Jedzz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:25 am

His comfort level has skyrocketed since they stopped forcing the PG leading roles on him. Last couple games he's been a beast breaking up possessions getting steals or forcing turnovers and confidently going to net. One game he even shot well, I about fell over.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#544 » by Dewey » Tue Jan 7, 2020 2:48 pm

Mattya wrote:1. He has a different pep in his step the past week or so.

2. He man defense has been good all season, but his awareness on rotations and switches have already vastly improved.

3. I haven't seen the advanced stats, but I'm convinced he is our 2nd best perimeter defender already.

I believe once Napier got himself settled in this past month, Culver has played off that and they seem to be in sync. Martin has done well also not by not trying overplay his role ... the result has been positive. Okogie is an energizer, but still struggles to play within his role and I think it's gonna cost him some pt. All in all, these 4 have really worked their tails off and it's been more fun.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#545 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:59 pm

So is the jury still out on the Culver vs Clarke?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#546 » by Colbinii » Wed Jan 8, 2020 4:44 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:So is the jury still out on the Culver vs Clarke?

Of course it is, we are 35 games into their respective rookie seasons.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#547 » by Colbinii » Wed Jan 8, 2020 4:45 am

It is nice to see the development of Culver. As he engages more defensively he has earned more playing time [as well as injuries]. Nice to see him active and engaged defensively and unafraid to attack offensively.

These injuries could all be a blessing in disguise.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#548 » by wesleyt95 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:44 am

Jedzz wrote:His comfort level has skyrocketed since they stopped forcing the PG leading roles on him. Last couple games he's been a beast breaking up possessions getting steals or forcing turnovers and confidently going to net. One game he even shot well, I about fell over.
Wiggins was running point

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#549 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:10 pm

Colbinii wrote:

It was half ass sarcasm. Some think it's already a done deal. We messed up taking Culver when Clarke is CLEARLY the better player. And we gave up Saric, who is lighting the league on FIRE right now.

Just saying, the trolls have gone away from this subject.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#550 » by Dewey » Wed Jan 8, 2020 4:35 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

It was half ass sarcasm. Some think it's already a done deal. We messed up taking Culver when Clarke is CLEARLY the better player. And we gave up Saric, who is lighting the league on FIRE right now.

I for one will not compare or determine rookie winners/losers until after the 3rd year.

Saric? I liked him and IMO we could utilize him in this rotation.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Mattya
RealGM

Post#551 » by Mattya » Wed Jan 8, 2020 4:38 pm

I'm starting to hesitate trading him because he reminds me so much of young Jimmy Butler on the court.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#552 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:30 pm

Dewey wrote:I for one will not compare or determine rookie winners/losers until after the 3rd year.

That's kind of my point.
Clarke had the nice summer league, and rubes showed up here and TOLD us we lost that deal. How we could have stayed put and got Clarke, would have still had Saric, yada yada. I do think the move up backfired at first, and we went with plan B. Who's to say Clarke would have even been there at #11 if we stayed?
I think Culver needs to find out where he fits, and play to his role. I think he is questioning himself if he should be a lowly role model after being a star player, or be himself and become a star. I think he's got star potential, maybe not all star, but better than a role player.
Saric....I think he was going to be shipped either way. Could he have helped us? Sure. But he also could have played like crap and hurt his trade value. He's basically out of the Suns rotation, (not sure why) But he's didn't exactly light us up a couple of months back either.
I will say this.....His Girlfriend is HOT!!!
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#553 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:33 pm

Mattya wrote:I'm starting to hesitate trading him because he reminds me so much of young Jimmy Butler on the court.

I don't remember young JB, but I hope you are right. His D is str8 already as long as he improves. He needs a little more meat on him, but that should come.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#554 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:37 pm

Colbinii wrote:

There is no Culver vs Clarke at least with me. Once we traded up Culver was the only reasonable option. As for who turns out to be the better player that will be interesting.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#555 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:37 pm

Dewey wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I for one will not compare or determine rookie winners/losers until after the 3rd year.

I will also say that Clarke is 3 1/2 years older than JC, so there's that. When Culver is the same age as Clarke is, he should...should be miles ahead of him. I just hope he's not traded before he figures it out.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#556 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:40 pm

Mattya wrote:I'm starting to hesitate trading him because he reminds me so much of young Jimmy Butler on the court.

Jimmy Butler is probably the highest level NBA comparison except Culver will never provide the bulk and muscle that Butler Brings. Maybe Paul George? A man can dream.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#557 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:46 pm

Dewey wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

You can get a pretty good idea right away. I would trade Culver for Morant with no hesitation at all. Even with Zion's injuries I would take that risk and trade Culver for him.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#558 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:47 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:

I don't remember young JB, but I hope you are right. His D is str8 already as long as he improves. He needs a little more meat on him, but that should come.

A little more meat sure. I doubt a lot more meat ever comes.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#559 » by Mattya » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:54 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

A little more meat sure. I doubt a lot more meat ever comes.

You gotta remember Butler was 2 years older than Culver coming out of college. I expect he will put on a decent amount of muscle on that frame. He doesn't need to get as bulky as Butler either.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#560 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:10 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Dewey wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

You can get a pretty good idea right away. I would trade Culver for Morant with no hesitation at all. Even with Zion's injuries I would take that risk and trade Culver for him.

I think we all would and say Culver who?
Wiggins and Culver for Ja + salary filler, and KAT plus first for Zion....Get it done.
Dream dream dreaeeeem dream.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves