Image ImageImage Image

Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,049

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#101 » by FriedRise » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:52 am

If GarPax get DRose back home, can they still blame all their failures on his injuries from almost a decade ago?
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,777

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#102 » by jc23 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 1:34 am

i want to see Derrick go to a legit title contender. Or a team that makes the playoffs this year.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 738

Post#103 » by Hold That » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:35 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:
Hold That wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:

You want to trade our #7 pick (Coby) for DRose? I wouldn’t call that a win-win........at all.

At this point Coby White doesn’t even look like a 7th pick he looks like a mid to late first round talent. Regardless of where he’s picked it’s all about what he’s shown thus far.

Many of us on this board felt Cobys ceiling is basically the role Rose is playing right now for the pistons. And it’s not even a given he becomes that good. He’s no Ben Gordon that’s for sure

Coby White is 19 years old. He's a teenager...... But you've already figured him out?

never was enamored with him in college and I just don’t see him being that great in the pros. Has nothing to do with his age and everything to do with his limitations from a physical standpoint and he doesn’t have vision to make up for it. I don’t care how old he is right now, it’s clear he has limitations that will always hold him back.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,065

Post#104 » by MrSparkle » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:57 am

So actually , re-thinking it, given the state of affairs... how about this shuffle?

Thad, Dunn, Valentine for Rose, Snell, Thon

I think it makes some sense for both sides. They can try to get better value for Rose, or keep him, but to what point? Bulls add a wing and a locker-room leader, even if he can only play 15mpg... but that fits Boylen’s 10 PG rotation perfectly.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#105 » by mtron32 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:51 am

Why put Derrick through this? Let him go to a contender. Bucks or the Spurs
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#106 » by dice » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:37 pm

so how long before the PTSD would kick in if derrick came home to play?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Post#107 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Hold That wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:
aramada wrote:Pistons are close to rebuilding and would want assets. If we go for it it’s because we want to compete. Dunn / Val would bring nothing to detroit other than the need to pay up this summer. It would also remove our best defensive play maker.
Most natural win-win would be around Rose for White as rose takes Cobys possession and makes them 10000x better. Of course value is off so maybe Rose and Kennard for White, Val, and Felicio?

You want to trade our #7 pick (Coby) for DRose? I wouldn’t call that a win-win........at all.

At this point Coby White doesn’t even look like a 7th pick he looks like a mid to late first round talent. Regardless of where he’s picked it’s all about what he’s shown thus far.

Many of us on this board felt Cobys ceiling is basically the role Rose is playing right now for the pistons. And it’s not even a given he becomes that good. He’s no Ben Gordon that’s for sure
What?? You couldn't be more wrong if you tried..holy hell. He looks like one of the steals of the **** draft my guy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#108 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 pm

dougthonus wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I think Dunn + Valentine probably gets it done. If they're trading him to Chicago, it's more about doing him a favor, and Dunn would be a decent return for their rebuilding efforts.

Dunn does nothing for their rebuilding efforts, he's a free agent. Which means if you keep him it is at market value which you could also do by going to the market. I agree that if they trade him to Chicago it would be to do him a favor, but I don't see why they would trade him without getting something useful back because he's a good player for them on a good contract.

Not sure Detroit trading him to the 13-26 Bulls is doing him a 'favor'
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,906

Post#109 » by RSP83 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:00 am

Hold That wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:
Hold That wrote:At this point Coby White doesn’t even look like a 7th pick he looks like a mid to late first round talent. Regardless of where he’s picked it’s all about what he’s shown thus far.

Coby White is 19 years old. He's a teenager...... But you've already figured him out?

never was enamored with him in college and I just don’t see him being that great in the pros. Has nothing to do with his age and everything to do with his limitations from a physical standpoint and he doesn’t have vision to make up for it. I don’t care how old he is right now, it’s clear he has limitations that will always hold him back.

I don't think White is untouchable (nobody is in our current roster). But I think he still has a chance to become a borderline All-Star tier player in the future. Scoring ability is important in today's league, and White is a natural born scorer. The trajectory of a player like Coby is between Jordan Crawford (worst case), Jordan Clarkson (on par), or Lou Williams (best case). Of course depending on luck and hardwork he can turn into a top 10-15 player like Jimmy Butler, but that is being very very very optimistic, and most unlikely.

IMO, White is Clarkson at worst. And a Lou Williams type scorer at best. That said, I would still include him in a trade package for a high lottery pick or an All-Star player.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#110 » by Ugly Duckling » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:33 am

I was one of the the most ardent D-Rose supporters in this forum. Pretty much the opposite of Dice. I changed my handle from d-rose {heroes} right before his resurgence last season. Pretty ironic if you ask me. Also pretty cool play on words. But I digress

That ship has sailed
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#111 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:00 am

MrSparkle wrote:So actually , re-thinking it, given the state of affairs... how about this shuffle?

Thad, Dunn, Valentine for Rose, Snell, Thon

I think it makes some sense for both sides. They can try to get better value for Rose, or keep him, but to what point? Bulls add a wing and a locker-room leader, even if he can only play 15mpg... but that fits Boylen’s 10 PG rotation perfectly.

good one!
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#112 » by sco » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm

I am happy that Rose has found his groove again. He'd be a better fit on the Lakers.
:clap:
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#113 » by Southpaw » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Honestly, I want him to play for a contender and win a championship, then we can talk about him going back home. The Bucks could use a creator off the bench.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,707

Post#114 » by dougthonus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:27 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Not sure Detroit trading him to the 13-26 Bulls is doing him a 'favor'

It would only be if Derrick wanted to go back to Chicago, which for obvious reasons, he might.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#115 » by mack2354 » Thu May 27, 2021 3:12 am

Yes mods, I know i'm being petty for bumping an old thread. After Rose helped the Knicks get home court advantage in the playoffs and lead the Knicks to a win tonight playing 39 MINUTES I think we all can laugh at this. The man is playing great and deserves praise. I'm happy for the hometown kid and that he is proving all the naysayers wrong.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,372

Post#116 » by The Box Office » Thu May 27, 2021 4:39 am

No. Rose should stay on the Knicks. We're no contenders anytime soon.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#117 » by BullChit » Thu May 27, 2021 5:25 am

I want Derrick back as much as anybody but there is no way that he would leave Thibs and NYC after this season.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#118 » by HomoSapien » Thu May 27, 2021 5:54 am

I also think it's unlikely that he leaves Thibs, but I would be pretty open to bringing him back given the current crop of attainable PGs. And that has nothing to do with nostalgia. He's an excellent 6th man now, and though he can't regularly play huge minutes, he basically functions at a near an All-Star level player in a smaller 25 min role.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,015

Post#119 » by jordanwilliams6 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:59 am

HomoSapien wrote:I also think it's unlikely that he leaves Thibs, but I would be pretty open to bringing him back given the current crop of attainable PGs. And that has nothing to do with nostalgia. He's an excellent 6th man now, and though he can't regularly play huge minutes, he basically functions at a near an All-Star level player in a smaller 25 min role.

Thibs played Rose 38 minutes in game 1 and 39 minutes in game 2 which is easily the most of the Knicks. It’s absolutely hilarious that 10 years later that Thibs still hasn’t learnt, and will play old banged up DRose huge minutes.

All credit to him because he’s holding up at the moment and I do hope they make a deep playoff run. Not for the Knicks, but I do have a lot of nostalgia watching those two with Taj still going hard at it.
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 464

Post#120 » by chitowndish » Thu May 27, 2021 11:50 am

Really just enjoyed watching him out there, he would be perfect here but no way he leaves NY him and Thibs are just on the same wavelength same as Taj and for me it’s just cool to watch those guys again. Rose really has a calming effect on their team he’s like a grizzled war vet the guy has been through so much he just doesn’t get rattled. Guy made me root for the Knicks though and it still doesn’t feel right but there was just something cool about seeing the MSG crowd just going full bore like that for playoff basketball.

Return to Chicago Bulls