ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 IV: The Offense is Offensive

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Re: Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 IV: The Offense is Offensive 

Post#1081 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Laugh when people say Kuzma wouldn’t help us. Dude would be a breath of fresh air on this team. We don’t have anyone on the roster who can get a bucket and this dude can do that.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#1082 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:14 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Laugh when people say Kuzma wouldn’t help us. Dude would be a breath of fresh air on this team. We don’t have anyone on the roster who can get a bucket and this dude can do that.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I argued last year that he is better than Gordon ( on offense). I don't think he is great player, but under right coach you can put him in situation where he could be effective 18-20 ppg player
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#1083 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:16 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Laugh when people say Kuzma wouldn’t help us. Dude would be a breath of fresh air on this team. We don’t have anyone on the roster who can get a bucket and this dude can do that.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I argued last year that he is better than Gordon ( on offense). I don't think he is great player, but under right coach you can put him in situation where he could be effective 18-20 ppg player

Oh absolutely, he’s not great but on our offensively challenged team he’d be solid option. I really hope the FO does something, can’t continue watching the same core team for the 8th year with mediocre results
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1084 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:24 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Oh absolutely, he’s not great but on our offensively challenged team he’d be solid option. I really hope the FO does something, can’t continue watching the same core team for the 8th year with mediocre results

i find it funny how lot of teams are interested into Bertans or Kuzma or Bogdanovic. Clarkson was already traded. All type of players that could give Magic some sort of offensive spark, yet Magic are never mentioned in any rumor. Like they don't think 26th team by off rating needs change. :crazy:
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#1085 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 am

pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

i find it funny how lot of teams are interested into Bertans or Kuzma or Bogdanovic. Clarkson was already traded. All type of players that could give Magic some sort of offensive spark, yet Magic are never mentioned in any rumor. Like they don't think 26th team by off rating needs change. :crazy:

Be patient. Evaluation takes decades :lol:
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#1086 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Was just watching AG's highlight video from HS for his jersey retirement. Same moves, same shot, same everything. Guy hasn't changed a damn thing since he was 13 years old.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#1087 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:25 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Was just watching AG's highlight video from HS for his jersey retirement. Same moves, same shot, same everything. Guy hasn't changed a damn thing since he was 13 years old.

Ooof.... :o
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1088 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:47 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Was just watching AG's highlight video from HS for his jersey retirement. Same moves, same shot, same everything. Guy hasn't changed a damn thing since he was 13 years old.

Because his raw talent isn't that high, never was, never will be.

By the age of 19 most future NBA players played 10 years of basketball in their careers, were already trained with multiple individual and head coaches, if there was some skill in that player, they would discovered it by then.

On other hand why talent is only thing that matters you have Hakeem , Siakam, Dirk, Stat, Francis... who all started to play basketball late, between age 13 and 16, yet because they were SO talented they had no issue making transition in few years, i think that all players mentioned were already stars and allstars by age of 23, witch means it took them between 8-10 years to become elite by NBA standards.

Potential is biggest lie in nba history, long term prospect is nice way to say " he sucks now".
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#1089 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:06 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

By the age of 19 most future NBA players played 10 years of basketball in their careers, were already trained with multiple individual and head coaches, if there was some skill in that player, they would discovered it by then.

On other hand why talent is only thing that matters you have Hakeem , Siakam, Dirk, Stat, Francis... who all started to play basketball late, between age 13 and 16, yet because they were SO talented they had no issue making transition in few years, i think that all players mentioned were already stars and allstars by age of 23, witch means it took them between 8-10 years to become elite by NBA standards.

Potential is biggest lie in nba history, long term prospect is nice way to say " he sucks now".

cmon man, the coaching and training a 9-12 yr old gets is much different than say 15-18. most kids that young probably have volunteer coaches, so lets not go all crazy about someone having "10 years of coaching by 19"
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1090 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:42 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

cmon man, the coaching and training a 9-12 yr old gets is much different than say 15-18. most kids that young probably have volunteer coaches, so lets not go all crazy about someone having "10 years of coaching by 19"

Every day i go to gym and see personal coaches working with 14-16 years old athletes who are viewed as talented. Payed by money from parents or/and menagers.

There is good article that is 8 years old how parents seek for coaches and invest money in hope it will turn into pro contracts.

https://www.oregonlive.com/highschoolsports/article/high-school-athletes-increasingly-turn-to-personal-fitness-trainers-to-gain-edge/

During 2016 there was somewhat heated debate over 16-17 years old goalkeeper who had: nutricionist, personal coach ( actually 2 of them) and sport's shrink hired. Again, kid was yet to turn 17.
Did it pay out? Well last year he draw some interest from Bayern Munich, one of biggest clubs in the world, he has pro contract and is goalkeeper in Italiy. So ofc it worked.

Matter of fact Jusuf Nurkić during his whole youth ,had individual coach, guy named Drazen Oreskovic, who had college degree in kinesiology, specilized in basketball. After he went to NBA , he took him with him.
Nurkić during rookie year was 20. By that point he worked with individual coach for years.

Look, millions are at stake, almost all kids now over summer or along with traditional coaches hire additional help. Especially ones who can afford it.

Sports are tricky, and in lot of cases shady business. There is kid in my gym who is powerlifter who is now benching 396 pounds at age of 17. No s*** that he is on steroids. Just think about that. 17 years old pinning himself for upcomming power-meet. Ofc kid is talented for it, but 400 pounds at that age natural is pretty much impossible. And if you imagined some fat kid, nop, kid is compeating in 150 pounds category :lol:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#1091 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:40 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Every day i go to gym and see personal coaches working with 14-16 years old athletes who are viewed as talented. Payed by money from parents or/and menagers.

There is good article that is 8 years old how parents seek for coaches and invest money in hope it will turn into pro contracts.

https://www.oregonlive.com/highschoolsports/article/high-school-athletes-increasingly-turn-to-personal-fitness-trainers-to-gain-edge/

During 2016 there was somewhat heated debate over 16-17 years old goalkeeper who had: nutricionist, personal coach ( actually 2 of them) and sport's shrink hired. Again, kid was yet to turn 17.
Did it pay out? Well last year he draw some interest from Bayern Munich, one of biggest clubs in the world, he has pro contract and is goalkeeper in Italiy. So ofc it worked.

Matter of fact Jusuf Nurkić during his whole youth ,had individual coach, guy named Drazen Oreskovic, who had college degree in kinesiology, specilized in basketball. After he went to NBA , he took him with him.
Nurkić during rookie year was 20. By that point he worked with individual coach for years.

Look, millions are at stake, almost all kids now over summer or along with traditional coaches hire additional help. Especially ones who can afford it.

Sports are tricky, and in lot of cases shady business. There is kid in my gym who is powerlifter who is now benching 396 pounds at age of 17. No s*** that he is on steroids. Just think about that. 17 years old pinning himself for upcomming power-meet. Ofc kid is talented for it, but 400 pounds at that age natural is pretty much impossible. And if you imagined some fat kid, nop, kid is compeating in 150 pounds category :lol:

ok. i can see that. But that is 14-16. you threw out starting at 9. so that is 5 years less. as I said in my post, coaching of 9-12 yr olds very different than 15-18.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#1092 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 am

in before "Ivan Rabb?" thread is created.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#1093 » by basketballRob » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 am

It would be nice if they could somehow get Mirotic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#1094 » by Ducklett » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:08 pm

People hire their kids Fortnite coaches... you don't think they would hire their kids football/basketball/etc coaches?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1095 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:43 am

Ducklett wrote:People hire their kids Fortnite coaches... you don't think they would hire their kids football/basketball/etc coaches?

We also see new trend of pro athletes who now, more than ever come from families of former pro athletes.
Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Brown, Conley, McGee...

According to a Wall Street Journal analysis of biographical data on every NBA player, 48.8% are related to current or former elite athletes—defined as anyone who has played a sport professionally, in the NCAA or at national-team level. While other leagues feature notable dynasties—the Manning’s of the NFL or the Griffey’s in baseball—only about 17.5% of NFL players and 14.5% of MLB players are related to other elite athletes, based on a similar study.

Right genetics, combined with enough money to invest into them makes this a trend.

This is son of Christiano Ronaldo, he already kills everybody in his competition, set at his age. Kid scored 58 goals in 28 games :lol:
Kid also trains and lives just like his father ( i guess work load is not anywhere close but type of training is).

so ofc when you draft 19 years old kid his potential isn't unlimited. He already for years did individual workouts and was prepared for that type of "new stage". That's why drafting "athletes" who can't play basketball is so terrible for NBA teams. Most of the time they just drafted a bust without even knowing it.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1096 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:36 am

I worked for a guy who bought his own AAU team, hired a Magic staffer to coach all featuring his son. Lasted almost 2 seasons before his son said he really wasn't interested in basketball.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#1097 » by Def Swami » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Read on Twitter
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#1098 » by zaymon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

It was a point of emphasis for Clifford before the summer. He knows how to teach things. Everything he works on our guys start to be top of the league good.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1099 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Read on Twitter
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072