ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Season

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 2019-2020 Season 

Post#1141 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:59 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Our lack of outside shooting is on full display.

Belinelli should be available and affordable. Send KO along with one of Neto, Zhaire, Bolden, or Milton.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

I think Beli could be a Mike Scott-like disappointment if we bring him in and expect him to solve a rotation spot. He looks really bad right now. Currently, I think he's an outright downgrade from Korkmaz.
pickprotection
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#1142 » by pickprotection » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:23 pm

Embiid - generational post up center - $30+ million per year

Ben - shot chart similar to rim running centers like capela, holmes, nerlens - $32+ million per year

Horford - slightly stretch center - $26 million per year

Harris - best position power forward - $35+ million per year

How do you have 4 near max contracts on 2 positions in the modern NBA where not a single one of these guys is a sniper or even above average from 3.

There is no way this roster construction is tenable in the modern NBA.

This is over 100% of the cap to 4 players who play 2 positions. How did the process end up in this?

Embiid-Simmons-Cov was supposed to be the C-PF-SF of the next 5 years with 2 great gunners and shooters from the guard positions who could create off the dribble. You would have 65+ million to sign those to guards this summer if they standed pat. What a disaster.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1143 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Toss up lobs at Dennis Smith and Josh Jackson. See if their respective teams want Milton or Bolden with a 2nd round pick.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#1144 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm pretty convinced this is going to be our team until the summer because of continuity reasons. I also believe, for that same reason, that if Brett doesn't get to at least the ECF, he's out.
pickprotection
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#1145 » by pickprotection » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:43 pm

If Embiid is actually out for 6-8 weeks I think there is a better chance we are the 7-8 seed than the 5th seed or higher.

Also this team isn't making a single major trade for anyone who isn't an expiring. They are already $15 mil over the luxury tax next year for a middling team. No way they add salary if anything they will cut salary.

Horford for CP3 (who makes $10 mil more) will not happen.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#1146 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Our lack of outside shooting is on full display.

Belinelli should be available and affordable. Send KO along with one of Neto, Zhaire, Bolden, or Milton.

I think Beli could be a Mike Scott-like disappointment if we bring him in and expect him to solve a rotation spot. He looks really bad right now. Currently, I think he's an outright downgrade from Korkmaz.
I'd argue he'd benefit from a change of scenery and would be worth the risk to add a prolific shooter. Even if he disappoints we're not giving up anything that won't be missed.

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1147 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:58 pm

The more I think and read about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that Elton Brand is a terrible GM, and has screwed this team's only chance (to use the assets Hinkie accumulated that weren't already destroyed by Colangelo) to become a Title contender.

We had 2 superstar level players primed to be here for the long run, an aging vet sniper who loved being here and loved his teammates, and an edgy superstar who had a questionable fit with the head coach and the "PG".

I would even go as far as to say I wasn't mad about the Harris trade because it brought in a 3rd option who was a perfect stretch 4 next to Embiid.

But, the way this offseason was handled was so, so, so poor.

If Jimmy was gone no matter what, then so be it. If Tobias was going to get that massive contract somewhere else, then so be it.

I think Elton got concerned with 2 things. 1 is his image. He didn't want Jimmy to be traded for a clear downgrade in Josh without making a splash move along with it to bail himself out.

And 2nd, he wanted to weaken the Celtics and saw it as a brilliant move that he would be applauded for pulling off.

Combining his image factor, he wanted to claim he signed a big time star level scorer, so he paid too much to lock down Tobias early rather than wait and see what he could get somewhere else and then offer slightly more or let him walk.

At least letting Tobias walk and not signing Horford would've meant being able to chase some of the lesser FAs that were out there, like resigning JJ, looking at other wing shooters, looking at potential for trades to find the right fits.

Elton took what could've been a masterpiece and shaped it together as quickly as he could with no regard to what it would actually become, just that it looked like it would grab attention in the moment.

Ugh.

I'm not even mad about Simmons and his situation because I think he could fit as a PF somehow and make it work with all his other talent.

But Harris and Horford were absolutely terrible decisions. At least if Harris could've been signed to the same contract but play stretch 4, I'd feel better about it.

Horford signing should've been a wing or guard who can score and shoot.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#1148 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:31 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:The more I think and read about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that Elton Brand is a terrible GM, and has screwed this team's only chance (to use the assets Hinkie accumulated that weren't already destroyed by Colangelo) to become a Title contender.

We had 2 superstar level players primed to be here for the long run, an aging vet sniper who loved being here and loved his teammates, and an edgy superstar who had a questionable fit with the head coach and the "PG".

I would even go as far as to say I wasn't mad about the Harris trade because it brought in a 3rd option who was a perfect stretch 4 next to Embiid.

If Jimmy was gone no matter what, then so be it. If Tobias was going to get that massive contract somewhere else, then so be it.

I think Elton got concerned with 2 things. 1 is his image. He didn't want Jimmy to be traded for a clear downgrade in Josh without making a splash move along with it to bail himself out.

And 2nd, he wanted to weaken the Celtics and saw it as a brilliant move that he would be applauded for pulling off.

Combining his image factor, he wanted to claim he signed a big time star level scorer, so he paid too much to lock down Tobias early rather than wait and see what he could get somewhere else and then offer slightly more or let him walk.

At least letting Tobias walk and not signing Horford would've meant being able to chase some of the lesser FAs that were out there, like resigning JJ, looking at other wing shooters, looking at potential for trades to find the right fits.

Elton took what could've been a masterpiece and shaped it together as quickly as he could with no regard to what it would actually become, just that it looked like it would grab attention in the moment.

Ugh.

I'm not even mad about Simmons and his situation because I think he could fit as a PF somehow and make it work with all his other talent.

But Harris and Horford were absolutely terrible decisions. At least if Harris could've been signed to the same contract but play stretch 4, I'd feel better about it.

I personally think Tobias is a good compliment to Ben and Embiid when aggressive and he fits in fine as a 3/4. Numbers and play hasn't dropped at either position . The problem is horford and lack of a true starting point guard.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1149 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:09 pm

We need to chuck some hail mary's with big talent guys underachieving that could be had for bargain prices.

Trade for:
- Dennis Smith
- Josh Jackson
- Kevin Knox
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1150 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:22 pm

Kobblehead wrote:We need to chuck some hail mary's with big talent guys underachieving that could be had for bargain prices.

Trade for:
- Dennis Smith
- Josh Jackson
- Kevin Knox

You think Brett would give them minutes to develop? I don’t see it
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1151 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:23 pm

I think he would with Knox. Unlike the other two, Knox doesn't seem like a doofus. Also, Knox was Brett's #1 choice in 2018 draft. His other two were Mikal and Zhaire.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#1152 » by youngcrev » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:The more I think and read about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that Elton Brand is a terrible GM, and has screwed this team's only chance (to use the assets Hinkie accumulated that weren't already destroyed by Colangelo) to become a Title contender.

Ugh.

Billy King 2.0

I think roster construction falls on Brett as much as him though (if not more). Brett's the one putting these "bully ball" lineups on the floor, even when he doesn't have his full compliment of players, and has been resistant to pairing Ben with another PG.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#1153 » by Wilfried » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:30 am

Derrick Rose is the one that would really help us. Can see a bidding war going on for him (with his very friendly contract and current level of play)

Scott + Zhaire + second rounder for Rose?

Put Simmons at the 4, move Al to the bench (can still play 26-28 minutes), which he probably will understand
Gives us an extra ball handler and slasher.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#1154 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Wilfried wrote:Derrick Rose is the one that would really help us. Can see a bidding war going on for him (with his very friendly contract and current level of play)

Put Simmons at the 4, move Al to the bench (can still play 26-28 minutes), which he probably will understand
We should absolutely target Rose (and Markieff), but I'd be shocked if Scott/Zhaire/2nd rounder is the best package they can get for Rose.

Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1155 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Wilfried wrote:Derrick Rose is the one that would really help us. Can see a bidding war going on for him (with his very friendly contract and current level of play)

Rose would be the gold standard addition, but what about a smaller deal for Isaiah Thomas?

There appears to be no market for him. He's much easier to obtain. And his ability to tap into high level play is still there.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1156 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm

I've been wondering if they would consider him a throw-in on a Bertans trade. Seems like getting both guys would solve some problems, but I could also see Brett thinking Trey can do what IT does and therefore not being interested.

Bertans and IT for Scott, Bolden, Shake, Neto

I believe the Wizards have extra roster spots right now where they could take on 2 young prospect players and maybe we throw a pick in there too.

Then the Sixers can convert Pelle to a full deal, and still have a roster spot open for the buyout market or to go get Alec Burks for picks.
Kobblehead wrote:

Rose would be the gold standard addition, but what about a smaller deal for Isaiah Thomas?

There appears to be no market for him. He's much easier to obtain. And his ability to tap into high level play is still there.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
creek48
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#1157 » by creek48 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Today could be the day the Sixers make a trade. I believe that Jan. 15th is the last day contracts like Pelle's can be converted to NBA contracts. If so either a player must be cut or a roster spot must be opened up by trade.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,723

Post#1158 » by the_process » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Today is the day Tobias can be traded. :eyebrows:
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#1159 » by youngcrev » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:19 pm

the_process wrote:Today is the day Tobias can be traded. :eyebrows:

As well as Maxi Kleber :eyebrows:

Just gotta convince Dallas that Horford is that missing piece (I actually do think he'd be a really good fit there)
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1160 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:25 pm

Do the right thing, Elton.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers