ImageImageImage

Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National)

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Re: Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National) 

Post#181 » by flow » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:38 pm

If DetroitPistons is onto something, and fans' persistent railing against a player really can influence the front office, then I owe an apology to my fellow Pistons fans.

You see, back in 2016, when SVG was about to give Drummond a max extension, I was opposed to it. I voiced my opposition, but perhaps not loudly enough. I tried, but apparently not hard enough.

Things were different back then, of course. My feelings on Drummond (and RJ) were shared by only a few. Most fans at that time weren't seeing what we in the minority were seeing. They believed in Drummond (and RJ), for some reason, and genuinely though that he was a franchise cornerstone player worth building a team around. Our opposition message was dismissed as mere trolling. But we could have tried harder.

And now, looking back, with what I've learned in this thread, I can't help but think that if I had been more exuberant & influential in rallying and spreading our opposition with vigor, that perhaps we could have affected change. Perhaps things would have ended differently. Perhaps we could have prevented the waste that was Drummond's max extension.

Again, my apologies.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#182 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Alright, peace out guys. RealGM isn't worth my time anymore. Not worth getting annoyed over every day and having endless meaningless debates. I love a handful of posters here but there aren't enough of them. Delete.
SVG
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#183 » by SVG » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Here's Drummond short chart from last night:

Here is Drummond getting shots up after the game:
Read on Twitter

You can't make this up :lol:
I'm Scrappt like super CONTRA!

Statistical data is difficult to argue with...unless you have an agenda.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#185 » by Manocad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:29 pm

flow wrote:If DetroitPistons is right, that fans' persistent railing against a player can influence the front office, then I owe an apology to my fellow Pistons fans.

You see, back in 2016, when SVG was about to give Drummond a max extension, I was opposed to it. I voiced my opposition, but perhaps not loudly enough. I tried, but apparently not hard enough.

Things were different back then, of course. My feelings on Drummond were shared by only a few. Most fans at that time weren't seeing what we in the minority were seeing. They believed in Drummond, for some reason, and genuinely though that he was a franchise cornerstone player worth building a team around. Our opposition message was dismissed as mere trolling. But we could have tried harder.

And now, looking back, with what I've learned in this thread, I can't help but think that if I had been more exuberant & influential in rallying and spreading our opposition with vigor, that perhaps we could have affected change. Perhaps things would have ended differently. Perhaps we could have prevented the waste that was Drummond's max extension.

Again, my apologies.

Careful, man. That's gonna get blasted as a d**k move. 8-)
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#186 » by Manocad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:34 pm

Kilo wrote:https://www.detroitnews.com/videos/sports/nba/pistons/2020/01/14/coach-dwane-casey-says-detroit-pistons-wont-let-selfishness-seep/4468228002/

Puts Dre on blast.

Definitely on point
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#187 » by Kilo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Kilo wrote:https://www.detroitnews.com/videos/sports/nba/pistons/2020/01/14/coach-dwane-casey-says-detroit-pistons-wont-let-selfishness-seep/4468228002/

Puts Dre on blast.

For those who can't watch the vid -

Read on Twitter
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#188 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:07 pm

Kilo wrote:

Puts Dre on blast.

Read on Twitter

Well said
subbed sub
Senior
And1: 874

Post#189 » by subbed sub » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Kilo wrote:

Puts Dre on blast.

Read on Twitter

Thanks. Some words of wisdom right there.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#190 » by rmfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Drummond is a good player but he is a not a center piece because of obvious flaws in his game and issues with inconsistent intensity.

It's time to move on for both parties.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,094

Post#191 » by The Moose » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:08 am

Kilo wrote:

Puts Dre on blast.

Read on Twitter

getting a bit ugly at this point
Kilo
RealGM

Post#192 » by Kilo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:23 am

The Moose wrote:
Kilo wrote:

Puts Dre on blast.

Read on Twitter

getting a bit ugly at this point

Because Drummond isn't a professional, and thought he was a max player and Detroit was going to give it to him. Now he's being shopped and knows he's not coming back here and is sulking because he's probably looking at 60% of what he thought he was going to get and will have to move to a new city and team - who will not have pandered and catered to him the past eight seasons.
Weaver = Hinkie
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#193 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 am

Surprised Casey was so honest given we're trying to trade Dre

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Kilo
RealGM

Post#194 » by Kilo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:18 am

“Every player I’ve been with — Dirk Nowitzki, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp — everybody has been in a rumor,” Casey said. “Every player, Kevin Garnett in Minnesota was on the trade market. Kyle Lowry was traded in Toronto, and the owner nixed the trade. He came back and played his behind off. He played with a chip on his shoulder, but he got the job done.

“If you’re in this league long enough and you’re productive and you’re a good player, there’s probably a pretty good chance your name is going to be in the trade rumors. So, again, we still have a job to do.”

Drummond’s job could grow even more interesting as his next couple games are road games against potential suitors: Wednesday against Boston and Saturday at Atlanta.

There are still 12 Pistons games before the Feb. 6 trade deadline, and Casey appears to be setting the ground rules for what could be a stressful stretch under the magnifying glass.

“Andre is a professional. We talk to players all the time about being pros, approaching the game,” Casey said. “Mr. Gores checks haven’t bounced. They come first and 15th. We’re all getting paid. We all have a job to do.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2020/01/14/detroit-pistons-center-andre-drummonds-moves-more-magnified-detroit-days-could-numbered/4464620002/
Weaver = Hinkie
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#195 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:55 am

Casey is savage! Love it

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#196 » by Canadafan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Because Drummond isn't a professional, and thought he was a max player and Detroit was going to give it to him. Now he's being shopped and knows he's not coming back here and is sulking because he's probably looking at 60% of what he thought he was going to get and will have to move to a new city and team - who will not have pandered and catered to him the past eight seasons.

Ya this is exactly it. He knows he'll be lucky to get a Capella deal if he opts out.
Which makes the chance of him opting in giving us zero leverage in getting anything for him in a trade. Eff our livessss
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#197 » by ducler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Or maybe we will hear in the next couple of days that Drummond may finally consider the opt in as he fears that he will not receive the max from any team, so that we will be able to sell the extra year to teams wanting to trade for him.

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,609

Post#198 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:32 pm

ducler wrote:Or maybe we will hear in the next couple of days that Drummond may finally consider the opt in as he fears that he will not receive the max from any team, so that we will be able to sell the extra year to teams wanting to trade for him.

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app

There’s no reason for him to publicly state that. It reduces any leverage he might have if he still wants to try for a new contract.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#199 » by Kilo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Dre opting-in and not being traded at least will save Detroit from themselves in overpaying Fred Vanvleet on some silly deal. If Dre opts in we have like $10M under the cap. Also he'd be a HUGE expiring heading into the Giannis Free Agency off-season.

The downside about Dre opting in is that we're stronger the ROS, and likely means Rose would stay here and along with Reggie and Kennard coming back we could win games to be in the 10-14 range.
Weaver = Hinkie
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#200 » by DBC10 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Kilo wrote:Dre opting-in and not being traded at least will save Detroit from themselves in overpaying Fred Vanvleet on some silly deal. If Dre opts in we have like $10M under the cap. Also he'd be a HUGE expiring heading into the Giannis Free Agency off-season.

The downside about Dre opting in is that we're stronger the ROS, and likely means Rose would stay here and along with Reggie and Kennard coming back we could win games to be in the 10-14 range.

So continuing to feed the beast of insanity of not rebuilding properly at all. Yep, sounds like the Pistons alright.

Once you double down, you double down even more...

Return to Detroit Pistons