ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season thread, next vol.

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season thread, next vol. 

Post#461 » by MadD23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:03 am

twix2500 wrote:
Miami590 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:With Justise being damaged goods, Dion being Dion, and JJ with a large noticeable DNPs. Do not see the Heat having the chips to make a deal they will want. Heat are gonna have to trade Herro and Nunn to get a deal done.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

If we give up one of our young prospect then the player we’re getting back has to put us in title contention.
I believe the Heat would have to trade two of them to get something in return.

Dragic, DJJ, Duncan also have value. Not sure if Winslow has any at the moment. I don't think you need to include both Nunn and Herro to get good value in return. I think Nunn would do the trick to get a player like Holiday. Now, if we are talking one of the Whales, then that's a different story.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,962

Post#462 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:04 am

twix2500 wrote:With Justise being damaged goods, Dion being Dion, and JJ with a large noticeable DNPs. Do not see the Heat having the chips to make a deal they will want. Heat are gonna have to trade Herro and Nunn to get a deal done.

i want to know when and how he damaged his back so bad this way.during practice maybe? because from the few games that he had played sans the headbutt i have seen no reason why he should have this type of body injury
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#463 » by twix2500 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:14 am

eddieheatfan wrote:

i want to know when and how he damaged his back so bad this way.during practice maybe? because from the few games that he had played sans the headbutt i have seen no reason why he should have this type of body injury
That's the question I posed 3 weeks ago. Where and when did this injury occur,? It's not easy to get a bone contusion. I don't recall any story about any blunt hit to his back. I'm starting to think this might be a spinal deformity back issue that he has always had. Like McGrady scoliosis that cause his knee injuries and his back spasms.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#464 » by twix2500 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:33 am

MadD23 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Miami590 wrote:If we give up one of our young prospect then the player we’re getting back has to put us in title contention.
I believe the Heat would have to trade two of them to get something in return.

Dragic, DJJ, Duncan also have value. Not sure if Winslow has any at the moment. I don't think you need to include both Nunn and Herro to get good value in return. I think Nunn would do the trick to get a player like Holiday. Now, if we are talking one of the Whales, then that's a different story.

Not saying they don't have any value. But don't think the Heat move any of those players unless it's for a whale. Holiday is gonna be a tricky situation similar to Dragic was in Pheonix and Jimmy in Minny. I have a feeling Pelicans are gonna want whale like return unless Jrue lower his value by demanding a trade to Miami just like Jimmy and Dragic did. I think Miami wants him but not for what it cost for Jimmy in Minny but more like it cost for Dragic. I am curious if Jimmy is working behind the scenes talking to Jrue and Bradley and the Heat.

Griffin is not a GM that bends easy. And Holiday gives me the impression that he is not easily willing to go the Anthony Davis route. Kevin Love is obviously taking the Anthony Davis route.

I have a feeling Pelicans are gonna ask for two young players and a draft pick. Personally, I would only do a two for one rate for Holiday. One young player and filler. Or I have to give up 3 players then I want 2. I wouldn't gut the roster for Holiday.

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,453

Post#465 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,715

Post#466 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Miami590 wrote:

If we give up one of our young prospect then the player we’re getting back has to put us in title contention.

Wait what? Nunn a young prospect? He's 24 and only signed for 1 more year for a low amount of money, he absolutely should be utilized to upgrade the Miami's starters. If this team had Butler, Bam and say Jrue Holiday, you're only really one medium sized trade (a good player who's a good fit) away from being one of the favorites to come out of the East for the next 3+ years.

Sometimes you have to make your own luck, if Embiid doesn't get sick, Toronto probably doesn't get past Philly last year, but they put themselves in the position to give themselves a chance and luck was on their side which also benefited Miami(to get Butler).

Also... it's HARD to become a very good NBA team yet people act as if it isn't, franchises make huge mistakes all the time, for instance, signing Waiters for a multi year contract when he's never been an efficient scorer.
MadD23
Pro Prospect

Post#467 » by MadD23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MadD23 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:I believe the Heat would have to trade two of them to get something in return.

Not saying they don't have any value. But don't think the Heat move any of those players unless it's for a whale. Holiday is gonna be a tricky situation similar to Dragic was in Pheonix and Jimmy in Minny. I have a feeling Pelicans are gonna want whale like return unless Jrue lower his value by demanding a trade to Miami just like Jimmy and Dragic did. I think Miami wants him but not for what it cost for Jimmy in Minny but more like it cost for Dragic. I am curious if Jimmy is working behind the scenes talking to Jrue and Bradley and the Heat.

Griffin is not a GM that bends easy. And Holiday gives me the impression that he is not easily willing to go the Anthony Davis route. Kevin Love is obviously taking the Anthony Davis route.

I have a feeling Pelicans are gonna ask for two young players and a draft pick. Personally, I would only do a two for one rate for Holiday. One young player and filler. Or I have to give up 3 players then I want 2. I wouldn't gut the roster for Holiday.

Can't disagree with this. I think Riley is going to wait until we get closer to the deadline and try to get whoever he might be targeting. Right now prices are higher, by the deadline he'll start looking at those last minute specials.
MadD23
Pro Prospect

Post#468 » by MadD23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
AirP.
RealGM

Post#469 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:35 pm

Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM

Post#470 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Post#471 » by J-House » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Andy Ellisberg looks like a cartoon of a fat person
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#472 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:00 pm

J-House wrote:Andy Ellisberg looks like a cartoon of a fat person

Product of heat low standards for executive staff bodyfat. Tsk tsk
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
AirP.
RealGM

Post#473 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM

Post#474 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,176

Post#475 » by oreon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Miami590 wrote:
oreon wrote:
Miami590 wrote:
He’s way better than Leonard and Winslow has been great for us on defense but he’s still out. L.A. contract runs out in two years so we’ll have cap space in 2021. He can play in the post, midrange and he’s also shooting 44% from behind the arc.

If you're looking to improve defense LA ain't your guy. We need a back up big who can protect the rim. It's amazing we got away so far defensively with the players we have. Myers Leonard, Nunn, Herro, Dragic and Duncan can be exploited defensively especially in the playoffs. Have someone who can protect the rim for 20 mins a night will help

LA would definitely not improve our defense but I was thinking we move Bam to center full time and have LA as our PF. I know we want to free up Bam by letting someone like Leonard cover the opposing teams big but that strategy isn’t working. The “hammer” is really soft down low. We need to try something different.

Its the same problem though. LA is slow and not mobile enough to play the 4. Small 4s would take him off the dribble. So Bam would have to play the 4.
Best soltuion now is to increase JJ minutes and have him primarily play the 4. He's shooting well now, that he won't hurt the offense
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#476 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Get well Dion , oof
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
nbakid123
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#477 » by nbakid123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Can’t wait for over next game
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#478 » by BFRESH44 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:51 pm

Yea I believe that Waiters "illness" is definitely fake lol. That's got "Let's buy time until we figure out what we're gonna do next" written all over it..
twix2500
RealGM

Post#479 » by twix2500 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get well Dion , oof
OofImage

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,962

Post#480 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:10 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter
why?

Return to Miami Heat