LeBron James On Passing Kobe Bryant In All-Time Scoring: 'The Universe Just Puts Things In Your Life'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James On Passing Kobe Bryant In All-Time Scoring: 'The Universe Just Puts Things In Your Life' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:01 pm

LeBron James passed Kobe Bryant for No. 3 on the NBA all-time scoring list during the Los Angeles Lakers' 108-91 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

James now has 33,655 points in his career. Karl Malone is in second place with 36,928 points, with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar topping the list at 38,387 points.

"It doesn't make sense. Just to make a long story short, now I'm here in a Lakers uniform, in Philadelphia, where he's from. The first time I ever met him, gave me his shoes on All-Star Weekend. It's surreal. It doesn't make no sense, but the universe just puts things in your life. And I guess when you live in the right way, when you just give it everything to whatever you're doing, things happen organically," said James after the game. 

James added that Bryant had zero flaws in his offensive game.

"He had zero flaws offensively. Zero. You backed off of him, he could shoot the 3. You body him up a little bit, he can go around you. He shoots from midrange. He can post. He can make free throws. He has zero flaws offensively," said James. 

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: LeBron James On Passing Kobe Bryant In All-Time Scoring: 'The Universe Just Puts Things In Your Life' 

Post#4 » by TKainZero » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:13 pm

The passing of Kobe

I can’t take this sadness
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Senor Waffles
Senior
And1: 1,891

Re: LeBron James On Passing Kobe Bryant In All-Time Scoring: 'The Universe Just Puts Things In Your Life' 

Post#5 » by Senor Waffles » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:59 pm

This is so eerie
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#7 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 am

I guess Kobe couldn't handle LeBron passing him on the all time scoring list...

You're either laughing or crying. I choose to laugh at the irony.

This is tragic. Rip Kobe.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Hillmatic94
Sophomore
And1: 121

Post#8 » by Hillmatic94 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:22 am

The universe puts things in our lives, and then it takes things away without any agenda or care for our astronomically trivial lives. Kobe understood this better than anyone I imagine.

I can’t think of a worse sports tragedy.

Return to Wiretap Discussion