Miles Bridges Arrested: Felony Domestic Violence, Wife Speaks Pg.85

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Re: Birdland Presents - The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#621 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Way too early.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#622 » by LofJ » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Braggins wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:You guys keep focusing on the shooting when its everything he's NOT doing that's a bigger issue.

He has no idea what he's doing underneath the 3pt line, and that's where all of his physicality, his tools, *the things that made him an attractive draft pick* exist. He's mainly only on the boards when he's poaching from someone else, he's TERRIBLE passing the ball, he drives in a straight line like he's never even paid attention to any coach talking about driving angles, he doesn't box out... like wtf are you even out there for?

And don't even get started on his defense. He's legit worse than Monk. At least Monk will commit a dumb foul and let you know he's out there and in front of someone...

I think its too early to give up on Miles and I personally think he still has some good potential upside, but its looking more and more like they should have just kept SGA. He appears to be the better player in general and would have been a perfect fit with Kemba and now Graham.

Graham wouldn't be on the team if Mitch had not traded back with the Clippers. So I wouldn't go as far to say that Mitch should have kept SGA.
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#623 » by predators » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:31 pm

LofJ wrote:
Braggins wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:You guys keep focusing on the shooting when its everything he's NOT doing that's a bigger issue.

He has no idea what he's doing underneath the 3pt line, and that's where all of his physicality, his tools, *the things that made him an attractive draft pick* exist. He's mainly only on the boards when he's poaching from someone else, he's TERRIBLE passing the ball, he drives in a straight line like he's never even paid attention to any coach talking about driving angles, he doesn't box out... like wtf are you even out there for?

And don't even get started on his defense. He's legit worse than Monk. At least Monk will commit a dumb foul and let you know he's out there and in front of someone...

I think its too early to give up on Miles and I personally think he still has some good potential upside, but its looking more and more like they should have just kept SGA. He appears to be the better player in general and would have been a perfect fit with Kemba and now Graham.

Graham wouldn't be on the team if Mitch had not traded back with the Clippers. So I wouldn't go as far to say that Mitch should have kept SGA.

It's surprisingly really hard to verify which draft picks we traded to the hawks for graham.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#624 » by DY_nasty » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Way too early.

Is it though?

If even the trash fire Suns can move on from Chriss and Josh Jackson then we can start being more critical of our picks

Its not like Bridges is just failing to put it together like Winslow. Dude is out there 30+ minutes a night and can't even get to the line more than twice a game when he's one of the most athletic guys in the league. That's insane to me.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#625 » by fatlever » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:28 pm

fatlever wrote:I think I'm selling my stock on Miles. He doesn't have the it Factor. I just don't see a feasible path for him to become a high-end starter or star.

It's not a complete lost cause. As I've said before he's got a high floor and should at least be a rotation / role-player for the foreseeable future, due to his size and athleticism. This is assuming he can get back to hitting 35% to 40% of his three-point attempts and develop at least some semblance of off the bounce creativity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app

from jan 2019.

im still selling.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#626 » by BlackOutBuzz » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:44 pm

I've seen some opinions that PJ and Miles may not work longterm as they're similarly-sized 3-4 tweeners. Personally I think their games are different enough that I don't really agree, but if it is the case than perhaps we should be looking at moving Miles.

The plus side is he should maintain value as his role is consistent and his general archetype is very valuable in today's game. I probably wouldn't trade him in a "cash out" scenario for another year though, but you've gotta listen to the offers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#627 » by BigSlam » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:58 pm

I know you’re down him overall DY - and more specifically his defence - but I’m wayyyyyy more down on his offence.

Sure, his 3pt shot has improved but I feel like his driving and passing has regressed this past month.

That frustrates me a lot more than his defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#628 » by Braggins » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:59 pm

DY_nasty wrote:He's not underperforming, he's literally the worst in the league by this metric.

Devontae was 483rd out of 514 players in the league in RPM last season as a 23 year old. I'm a fan of the RPM stat, but it doesn't always mean a whole lot in regards to young players who still haven't figured things out, especially if they are on a bad team.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#629 » by DY_nasty » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Braggins wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:He's not underperforming, he's literally the worst in the league by this metric.

Devontae was 483rd out of 514 players in the league in RPM last season as a 23 year old. I'm a fan of the RPM stat, but it doesn't always mean a whole lot in regards to young players who still haven't figured things out, especially if they are on a bad team.

Devonte's minutes were a guessing game and advanced stats aren't meant to gauge guys with minutes as inconsistent as that. Even with that however, Devonte at one point was one of the better young guards in the league when it came to asst:to.

Miles though? He's getting 30 minutes a game :lol:
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#630 » by KingCat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:19 am

I've come to realize that picking Miles over SGA last year was what killed my intrest in this team. I've probably watch 1 1/2 games this season so far. I know we have a long history of dumb pics, but this is kinda the one that broke the camel's back cause I was so anti Miles and pro SGA pre draft
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#631 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:03 am

He's athletic but shaking my confidence on his potential to use it at this level. JB did say before the game he's playing out of position. He's not a wing scorer. The three ball has improved though so he's working hard. He has a strong makeup and he's competitive. Three point shooting is the one area where he may have an advantage over SGA. And for SGA to work it helps that Chris Paul is organizing the offense there. SGA is a shooting guard who's not a great range shooter. He's not initiating the offense.
It has been written...
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#632 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:27 pm

I pushed Miles pretty heavily before that draft, but I loved SGA too. I'm still of the opinion that SGA didn't want to be in Charlotte and that his agent told the team that. I'm expecting SGA to bolt OKC as well.

I do hope that Miles puts it all together.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#633 » by fatlever » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:24 pm

trade miles while he still has the value of "potential". add bacon as a side dish.

give all of miles' minutes to thing1, or the other gleague dudes

rinse/repeat

we are way too loyal patient w/ our draft picks. we arent looking for rotation guys any longer, not til we find a franchise player.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#634 » by 316Hornets » Thu Jan 2, 2020 2:08 pm

I've got to wonder if Miles is dealing with an injury of sort. His gait has seemed a little awkward to me as of late like he's dealing with a hip issue.

Looking at his shooting numbers, he's taking less shots at the rim this year. This could also be the result of having his 2 point field goals only assisted on 50.4% of the time compared to 77.3% of the time last year.

I'm encouraged that Miles fg% from 16+ ft has improved. There could be some chemistry issues this year since we don't have a guy like Kemba who can just clear out so much space for Miles. If he can't learn to finish through traffic, it's going to be a tough career. I haven't lost hope yet.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#635 » by KingCat » Fri Jan 3, 2020 3:36 am

Porter just put up 25 on 11/12 shooting. Meanwhile, our boy just went 0-5 from 3. :lol: kill me
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#636 » by 316Hornets » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:45 pm

21.6% fg over the last 4 games, 3 games with less than 5 points scored. Offensive rating a putrid 59, defensive rating 118.

Is he purposely tanking his trade value or something?
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
LurkCobain
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#637 » by LurkCobain » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:43 am

Too many guys just happy to have an NBA Jersey on...him and monk for 2 second rounders.
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#638 » by Soul Rebel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:47 pm

KingCat wrote:Porter just put up 25 on 11/12 shooting. Meanwhile, our boy just went 0-5 from 3. :lol: kill me

Can you imagine Porter at the 3 and Washington at the 4....wow.

The thought of a Graham/SGA backcourt as well?

Instead we have Bridges.

There's still plenty of time as Miles is only 21, but it's frustrating to watch other players that we bypassed (or traded) being successful while our guys continue mediocrity.

SGA/MPJ > Bridges
Mitchell > Monk
Traded 2016 pick for Belinelli
Booker > Kaminsky

Not even getting into the lolcats days, which brings tears to my eyes.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#639 » by DY_nasty » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:57 pm

LurkCobain wrote:Too many guys just happy to have an NBA Jersey on...him and monk for 2 second rounders.

its crazy how monk somehow instills more hope :lol:
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#640 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:28 am

Man, all the hype from the summer where Bacon and Bridges were working out together and neither one of them is really showing much this year.

I don't mind the Porter non-draft, but yeah the SGA trade is looking kind of bad at this point.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody

Return to Charlotte Hornets